Author Topic: Richmond AFLW team [merged]  (Read 188627 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Richmond to have AFLW team in 2020 [merged]
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 07:09:41 PM »
Now look Ox, we know you prefer blokes and that women disgust you but that doesn't mean we all need to hear about it, love is love
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2017, 08:46:17 PM »
Some absolutely disgusting comments made by some morons on here (talking about all pathetic posts).
If ya don't like any part of the AFLW don't go out of your way to click on a thread just to read about it, then to comment about it, simply don't open it FFS.
That's as stupid as saying you don't like eating beans and then going out to buy some for dinner :banghead
I'm not a huge fan of the AFLW but what you obviously don't realise is that, footy is very much about business and having an AFLW team in the comp means big bucks in many years to come.
Businesses like these don't venture into territory that is doomed to fail, just doesn't happen.

Absolutely stuffing disgusted at the low level of intelligence displayed on this thread.
And the scariest thing about this, is that my daughter is interested in playing AFLW when she gets older. stuffing scary proposition knowing what kind of people are really out there.

Good luck on the women and after reading the poo in here I hope they do well, really well.

Suck an egg.

It's garbage.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 09:06:47 PM »
Maybe if there weren't so many idiots championing the cause they would have a chance.

The inability to provide any supporting argument other than,"Good on them" while simultaneously accusing every opposer as sexist is proof that the women's competition brings an entirely different kind of stuffwit into the supporting equation.

Do the numbers and then tell me why the RFC should waste their money, time and resources on a female team whose combined skill level lies somewhere between under 12's and under 14's boys ?

Accusations of sexism will be taken as, you have no answer.

Caracella and Balmey.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 09:22:08 PM »
Maybe if there weren't so many idiots championing the cause they would have a chance.

The inability to provide any supporting argument other than,"Good on them" while simultaneously accusing every opposer as sexist is proof that the women's competition brings an entirely different kind of stuffwit into the supporting equation.

Do the numbers and then tell me why the RFC should waste their money, time and resources on a female team whose combined skill level lies somewhere between under 12's and under 14's boys ?

For me, aside from my obvious and documented objections to much of your criticism, the reason I'm getting around the AFLW and womens footy is just simply that I think football is one of lifes great wonders and experiences, and that there are many out there who dismiss AFL due to its 'macho' tags and the 'locker room' culture. The more people can realise its not about that at all and may be inspired to follow along the better. It can hopefully lift the lid on those perceptions.

Plus, it gives 50% of the population the chance to actually play the great game more often with professionalism at the very top as a goal. People who scoff at how its miles off self-sufficiency will be eating their words in 10 years time; bookmark it.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 09:54:45 PM »
FWIW the AFL not the clubs fund most of the components of the AFLW

Clubs actually make money form having an AFLW team, extra revenues from sponsorships, merch sales etc

More revenue is good for all footy programs within a club
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Ύ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 10:14:11 PM »

I actually never mentioned sexism, I'm talking about blatant unwarranted verbal abuse upon another human being.
You're not fit to support such a great team like the Mighty Tigers.
You're the kind of person the football world can do without.
Women have every right to play football at any level.
You may not like it, but guess what, and this is the best thing of all, you can't do a single thing about it  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 08:34:21 AM »

I actually never mentioned sexism, I'm talking about blatant unwarranted verbal abuse upon another human being.
You're not fit to support such a great team like the Mighty Tigers.
You're the kind of person the football world can do without.
Women have every right to play football at any level.
You may not like it, but guess what, and this is the best thing of all, you can't do a single thing about it  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Lol @ HYPOCRISY.

Women have the right to play football at the top level ?

Is that Because they're women or they deserve to play at the top level.

I don't need to do anything about it.
They'll fall on their fat arses even wih all the help they're getting from the charitable.

I hope you go to every game and pay.

And when you're able to provide a legitimate answer, not based on moral ideals,
Come back.  :-*

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 08:35:38 AM »

For me, aside from my obvious and documented objections to much of your criticism, the reason I'm getting around the AFLW and womens footy is just simply that I think football is one of lifes great wonders and experiences, and that there are many out there who dismiss AFL due to its 'macho' tags and the 'locker room' culture. The more people can realise its not about that at all and may be inspired to follow along the better. It can hopefully lift the lid on those perceptions.

Plus, it gives 50% of the population the chance to actually play the great game more often with professionalism at the very top as a goal. People who scoff at how its miles off self-sufficiency will be eating their words in 10 years time; bookmark it.

Bookmarked.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 09:11:47 AM »
So no ones allowed to have an opinion?
Its bloody terrible to watch, horrible actually!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 09:19:20 AM »
So no ones allowed to have an opinion?
Its bloody terrible to watch, horrible actually!

Losers always scream this rule.

It's why the concept is doomed.

The last refuge of a moron.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 09:49:08 AM »
I don't have a problem with a women's team, just as long as resources and sponsors from the men's team are not diminished to prop it up.

The quality of the current women's football being played is about level with some our local u/17 sides.

The AFL needs to let the women's game evolve naturally and not try to ram it down our throats otherwise there will be massive pushback from the fans.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 01:20:53 PM »
If you follow global sports like Soccer and Basketball and kept tabs on their growing participation rates in Australia, you see the reason why the AFLW is important. Higher participation equals more government funding for grass root facilities which equals the next generation of quality players and supporters that grow up loving and playing the game. The fact there's been a surge in girls joining up local footy clubs since the AFLW came into being shows it is already paying off for the AFL.

Of course, the current standard skill-wise across the AFLW comp. as a whole isn't what it will and needs to be in the future because women's footy has been restricted to various amateur local leagues in each state with a small base of players to choose from compared to other popular female sports. This year was the first time a national women's pro-league was set-up. It's going to take time to evolve and let the next/first generation come through who will have grown up with a proper pathway to pro-footy just as happened when (men's) footy started. Look back to the VFL in 1897 and the scoring was just as low if now lower. Essendon sealed the first ever flag by beating Melbourne 1.8-14 to 0.8-8. St Kilda didn't win a game for the whole season and got flogged every week. 120 years later they are still a bastion of failure  :snidegrin. Carlton only won 2 game and they were both against the winless Saints.

The AFL would right now be more concerned about its two AFL men's teams in Queensland which are both a basketcase at the minute.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
How come when you google Afl women, there's no pics of all the overweight, barely fit chicks and only ones of half decent looking ones ??

hahahaha true

they wouldnt admit it though

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2017, 06:39:07 PM »
Snip!  :banghead

Anyway, back to the topic!

-------------------------------------------------------

“It is fantastic news for the Club, our members and supporters, and all our stakeholders,” said Richmond CEO Brendon Gale.

“Our young female supporters can now potentially live the dream of playing for the Tigers.

“We were disappointed that we were not part of the inaugural AFLW season but we have continued to work hard to promote female football and support participation pathways. While we would have preferred to be entering the competition in 2019, today’s announcement is testament that work.

“To have a Richmond team participating in the AFLW builds on the industry-leading commitment the Club has made to the promotion of gender equity in our game.

“From a football perspective, we have established an alignment with the Bendigo Thunder women’s team, who coincidentally won the Premiership recently. We have also committed to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pathways with the recently announced Boorimul program.

“We will also be pursuing a VFLW licence for the 2018 season and beyond this will be launching a RFC Female Football Acadmey. All of the above is designed to ensure we can hit the ground running in 2020.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-09-27/richmond-aflw-statement

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »
i find the afl's retention of the mens competition and inclusion of a womens competition somewhat inflammatory on the basis that it discriminates against non-able bodied persons.

Where is the disabled afl competition at the national level?

and what about the over 65's? wheres their national coompetition?

if the olympics do it why cant we? they have every right to play at the top level too.

and what about other marginalised groups?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018