Author Topic: Coburg vs Frankston  (Read 5249 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg vs Frankston
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2004, 11:43:56 AM »
Agree with Jackstar regarding Hilton's disposal - woeful at times. Fletcher - tries hard but only good for VFL footy IMO

I have no comment to make regarding Ty Zantuck - the body language said it all - even more so when the ball was not in his area. :-\

The great thing about Nathan Foley is he palys without fear - take note seniors

And I don't know how it came up on the TV - but those orange umpire uniforms were an absolute shocker ;D

Great to see Geoff Raines there watching his son. Though I hope he doesn't think I am stalking him - Club80 dinner on Tuesday now Coburg on Saturday. ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fwoy

• The Epitome of Lazy
  • Future Richmond star
  • Retired from active service due to groin injuries
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 11:55:54 AM »
Did anyone who went to the game see the ressies. How did Cogs go? He kicked a goal I hear.
For the love of God son, don't stick that up your ass!

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 05:44:48 PM »
I still beleive Foley showed enough that he will be a good player.  Some of his in-tight work with his hands were very impressive.  Not happy with the fact that he spent most of the first half on the bench, and when on the ground was bunkered in the forward line.  Flood must give the richmond kids maximum game time.  Tuck was OK, but he has played much better than that in previous games without the reward of a call up.  Go figure.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Jackstar

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 09:41:39 PM »
Ellsye,it was George who through out the pies, and what I seen ,I will politely say no to the free pies, thanks anyway. ;)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 12:36:49 PM »
Houlihan was too clever at FF for the Frankston backmen but I'll doubt he be on our list next year as that's not where he's ask to play at Richmond.

Houlihan is one of those players who looks a class above in the VFL, but looks like a fish out of water at AFL level.  He just doesn’t have the commitment and desire to be an AFL player.

Hilton’s attitude is all wrong.

Positives were the young players.  They at least give you some hope for the future.  Daniel Jackson didn’t get much of a run, but took some telling marks in the last quarter.

Roachy did some good things early and set up some opportunities up forward.  He could teach some of his senior teammates a thing or two about decision making.  Also took a knock at one stage and came back.

Can’t understand why Tuck doesn’t get a go.  He couldn’t possibly do any worse than some others.

These young players will take some time to develop, but because you can see they have some ability, it's easy to be patient with them.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.