Author Topic: NAB Cup 24 vs Hawthorn?  (Read 5504 times)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: NAB Cup 24 vs Hawthorn?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 09:51:06 PM »
Cant wait
 bring it on
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Official squads for Saturday's game
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 02:16:49 PM »
Hawthorn v Richmond, Telstra Dome, 4:10pm (AEST), Saturday 25 February

Richmond squad:
Chris Newman, Darren Gaspar, Brett Deledio, Andrew Raines, Troy Simmonds, Tom Roach, Greg Stafford, Joel Bowden, Matthew Richardson, Trent Knobel, Kayne Pettifer, Patrick Bowden, Kane Johnson, David Rodan, Ray Hall, Shane Tuck, Daniel Jackson, Jay Schulz, Adam Pattison, Andrew Krakouer, Richard Tambling, Chris Hyde, Brent Hartigan, Matthew White, Andrew Kellaway, Nathan Foley, Jeremy Humm, Cameron Howat

Hawthorn squad:
Peter Everitt, Jarryd Roughead, Jordan Lewis, Rick Ladson, Sam Mitchell, Mark Williams, Michael Osborne, Danny Jacobs, Chance Bateman, Joel Smith, Brad Sewell, Simon Taylor, Harry Miller, Luke Hodge, Nick Ries, Brent Guerra, Ben Dixon, Tim Boyle, Richard Vandenberg (C), Lance Franklin, Trent Croad, Tim Clarke, Tom Murphy, Campbell Brown, Grant Birchall, Robert Campbell, Stephen Gilham, Clinton Young

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=247230
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Official squads for Saturday's game
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »
Out of the 28 I'd reckon Knobel (inj), Pettifer (inj) and Roach won't play and the fourth one is out of Kellaway and Jackson as WP mentioned Humm, Howat and White will be in the team. I'd rather play Jackson as we know what Chubba can do.

B.     Raines           Gaspar       Schulz
HB.  Hartigan       J.Bowden    Newman  
C.    P.Bowden     Johnson     Rodan
HF.  Deledio          Pattison    Krakouer
F.    Tambling        Richo        Jackson
R.   Simmonds      Tuck         Hyde
Int: Stafford, Hall, Humm, Foley, Howat, White

Not a bad side for a preseason game and best of all with plenty of speed :gotigers

blx

Re: NAB Cup 24 vs Hawthorn?
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 03:09:02 PM »
i'm not to sure bout jackson, your right he does have speed and has bulked up also but, has not got a footy brain and seems to panick most times he gets the ball.

He's not what you'd call a player who is well balanced either in that he seems almost unco at times  :shh

but fairs fair i suppose, give the lad a go, lets see if he can give us anything this year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers close to full strength (RFC site)
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 04:26:47 PM »
Tigers close to full strength
3:28:01 PM Thu 23 February, 2006
Matt Burgan
Exclusive to richmondfc.com.au

Richmond will also field virtually its best line-up for Saturday's twilight clash against Hawthorn at Telstra Dome.

The key players who will be missing include vice-captain Nathan Brown, 2003 Jack Dyer Medallist Mark Coughlan and defender/midfielder Mark Chaffey.

The Tigers have named former Bulldog Patrick Bowden - the younger brother of 2004-05 best-and-fairest winner Joel.

New Tigers Matthew White and rookies Jeremy Humm (ex-West Coast) and Cameron Howat are also in the squad.

None of Richmond's selections from the 2005 NAB AFL Draft have been included.

But Richmond will see the return of nuggety midfielder David Rodan, who will play his first official match since injuring his knee last pre-season. Rodan played 60 AFL matches in his first three seasons, until his 2005 was ruined.

Hawthorn is at near full-strength for the clash, aside from not having 1999 Brownlow Medallist Shane Crawford and veteran forward John Barker.

Former Saint Brent Guerra, Taswegian draftee Grant Birchall and ex-Power-defender-turned-Hawk rookie Stephen Gilham have been named for their first official Hawthorn outing. Birchall is the only one of the six Hawthorn draftees from last November in the initial line-up, while Gilham is the sole rookie.

Other high-profile Hawk draftees such as Beau Dowler and Beau Muston are recovering from long-term injuries, while Xavier Ellis - the club's first selection at No.2 in last year's meeting - is likely to be given time to develop, as he is completing his schooling in 2006.

Ruckman Robert Campbell, who only played the opening round of the 2005 premiership season before being sidelined with a knee injury, is also included.

http://afl.com.au/?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=247285

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers close to full strength (RFC site)
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 04:30:34 PM »

??? - No Cogs, Browny or Pettifer. 

blx

Re: Tigers close to full strength (RFC site)
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 07:33:19 PM »

??? - No Cogs, Browny or Pettifer. 

Petts wasnt mentioned as a no show in that article so i'd hold my breath abit longer and see if he trains tomorrow.

I think they're giving him every chance to be avail if you ask me.

I heard he had a bung finger and not a broken hand so who knows, sounds suspiciously like ducks and drakes to me. but then again surely you wouldnt play D&D for a NAB match?

If it is just a finger job, he should be ok.