Author Topic: Finals - will we make them ??  (Read 24672 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Finals - will we make them ??
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 01:40:31 PM »

Think I might prefer to miss Finals if it means they move Dimma on.

We have two good options already on staff as replacements (Blake Caracella and Craig McCrae)

:cheers

I would rather see the coach get sacked than witness the club strive to win a final ( or two )

WOW , UNBELIEVABLE

Your assuming we would win a final let alone two. Get a grip its highly unlikely. The opposint team will turn up firing and we will cave in just like we slways do.

65 lost his scruples a while back but he makes sense with this.  Why make finals and prolong the same 'middling' standards when we can get rid of the man responsible for these standards and insert a coach like Caracella who's impact to date on gameplan is far superior to Hardwicks.

Id rather a fresh crack at it under Caracella eith modern thinking than 8 years of the same ABSOLUTE TRIPE.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »
I can't believe there is so much hatred directed at Hardwick that supporters  ( of Richmond) would rather see us fail -than play in finals . Am I missing something here .

Mathematically we are still a top four chance at round 18. That was beyond the wildest expectations of even the most parochial Richmond supporter at the start of the season.

Even if you despise the coach - why wouldn't you want senior players to experience success ?? Cotch/Jack/Rance and Martin . What about other long suffering Richmond supporters ??

. Most  people accept this is Damiens last roll of the dice . He has to win a final or its bye bye and the club would be justified in terminating his services.

I know I will be riding the emotional roller coaster this weekend hoping the Tigers smash the Frankensteins monster that the AFL created ..
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:08:11 PM by mat073 »
Unleash the tornado

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 03:54:20 PM »
i think the haters are merely welcoming the inevitable should they fall into the finals.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 04:56:07 PM »
Finish fourth and we play Adelaide in Adelaide.

No thanks.
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

tony_montana

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 06:09:28 PM »
Finish fourth and we play Adelaide in Adelaide.

No thanks.

Just think of the build up and hysteria in the leadup to the second final and a potential straight sets exit after being pantsed in adelaide in week 1.  :o

:lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »

Think I might prefer to miss Finals if it means they move Dimma on.

We have two good options already on staff as replacements (Blake Caracella and Craig McCrae)

:cheers

I would rather see the coach get sacked than witness the club strive to win a final ( or two )

WOW , UNBELIEVABLE

Your assuming we would win a final let alone two. Get a grip its highly unlikely. The opposint team will turn up firing and we will cave in just like we slways do.

65 lost his scruples a while back but he makes sense with this.  Why make finals and prolong the same 'middling' standards when we can get rid of the man responsible for these standards and insert a coach like Caracella who's impact to date on gameplan is far superior to Hardwicks.

Id rather a fresh crack at it under Caracella eith modern thinking than 8 years of the same ABSOLUTE TRIPE.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »
But what if we won in Adelaide ? Would you believe then?

Eh it's nice to day dream then life comes back to smack you in the mouth.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 07:17:22 PM »
But what if we won in Adelaide ? Would you believe then?

Eh it's nice to day dream then life comes back to smack you in the mouth.

Whilst the likes of Mat73 is spruiking up "Mathematical Possibilities", what if we all won Division 1 tattslotto each week sequentially for the next 52 weeks?

We can even pick Hardwicks lucky favourites as numbers - 5, 6, 10, 27, 28.....etc etc. Its a lock.

Lets all buy in and of you dont, I cant believe the hatred against such an idea. Am i missing something? Why would anyone despise the idea and likelihood?

#ohlifecouldbeadreamshaboomshaboom

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:36:17 PM by 🏅Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 09:00:31 PM »
I give Hardwick some credit for being only percentage outside the top 4 at the 3/4 mark of the home and away season -  But mark my words another elimination final defeat is completely unacceptable.

What he has been able to manufacture with

Rioli
Bulter
Castagna
Menadue
Short
Mcintosh
Bolton

Who are all young and very inexperienced footballers is nothing short of miraculous.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
Our success is in spite of Halfstep, not because of him....bloke's become a millstone around the club's neck...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 10:11:01 PM »
Our success is in spite of Halfstep, not because of him....bloke's become a millstone around the club's neck...

Burden of proof please . If you want want to make claims - back it up with facts .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 10:17:11 PM »
How about instead you go through our last eight seasons and try detecting common denominators? It's not that hard.....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 11:42:33 PM »
You're answering my question with another question and not giving any validity to your claim our "success is in spite of Halfstep "
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 11:58:37 PM »
I stand corrected......obviously it was too hard for you....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 12:03:53 AM »
Cotchin
Rance
Jack
Edwards
Dusty
Astbury 
Benny G

Throw in Deledio for 7 of the 8 years .

Are we having success in spite of these players too  ??
Unleash the tornado