Author Topic: Finals - will we make them ??  (Read 24675 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Finals - will we make them ??
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 12:06:44 AM »
Cotchin
Rance
Jack
Edwards
Dusty
Astbury 

Throw in Deledio for 7 of the 8 years .

Are we having success in spite of these players too  ??

Haha Geez on a stuffing bike... :facepalm

....and  :facepalm :facepalm for also including Shank Edwards and a defender who's been either injured or below average for most of that time.......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 12:08:52 AM »
You asked for the common denominations
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 12:26:05 AM »
I give Hardwick some credit for being only percentage outside the top 4 at the 3/4 mark of the home and away season -  But mark my words another elimination final defeat is completely unacceptable.

What he has been able to manufacture with

Rioli
Bulter
Castagna
Menadue
Short
Mcintosh
Bolton

Who are all young and very inexperienced footballers is nothing short of miraculous.

Theres a good chance of the following

Rioli is a spurt player who lacks consistency
Butler is what he is now just average
Castagna is delisted because of skill issues,
Menadue is lambasted for being soft and not  finding enough ball
Short is delisted because of size and imo just totally overrated
McIntosh remains nothing more than what he is now
Bolton is a flash into and out of games x factor type.

Fmd where is the substance you dont build premierships with these types.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 12:47:50 AM »

*denominators

Ok I'll assume you're not just playing dumb and play along.....we've had 7 previous seasons of evidence of Halfstep's flaws, most of them are still writ large this year and are all familiar whenever they reveal themselves, the manner of our losses, the bizarre & inconsistent team selections, the poor gameday coaching, poor set-ups and the sideways movement of the last few weeks, all these are the common denominators of Halfstep's reign or large parts of it....our wins have been based on our guns, our kids, the extra pace,"better" tackling, shepherding and increased forward pressure  - the latter of which has been openly credted to Caracella and that we never had before his arrival ....as for the new supposedly attacking gameplan...it basically took a review and sacking all the assistants, hiring new assistants to get Halfstep to change it....and even with it we're still a low scoring side ("we're never going to win by ten goals")...now this may be partly due to it being new so just imagine if we'd been playing it since 2013 instead of dropping it in an overreaction to a finals loss. Who was that down to? Also worth noting that Leppitsch left after 2013 but returned this year and now we're playing more direct, attacking football again. Coincidence? :shh

FWIW I think our list management also holds us back as much as Halfstep does, if not maybe more-  but it's really a tandem effort.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:30:23 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 07:09:11 AM »

*denominators

Ok I'll assume you're not just playing dumb and play along.....we've had 7 previous seasons of evidence of Halfstep's flaws, most of them are still writ large this year and are all familiar whenever they reveal themselves, the manner of our losses, the bizarre & inconsistent team selections, the poor gameday coaching, poor set-ups and the sideways movement of the last few weeks, all these are the common denominators of Halfstep's reign or large parts of it....our wins have been based on our guns, our kids, the extra pace,"better" tackling, shepherding and increased forward pressure  - the latter of which has been openly credted to Caracella and that we never had before his arrival ....as for the new supposedly attacking gameplan...it basically took a review and sacking all the assistants, hiring new assistants to get Halfstep to change it....and even with it we're still a low scoring side ("we're never going to win by ten goals")...now this may be partly due to it being new so just imagine if we'd been playing it since 2013 instead of dropping it in an overreaction to a finals loss. Who was that down to? Also worth noting that Leppitsch left after 2013 but returned this year and now we're playing more direct, attacking football again. Coincidence? :shh

FWIW I think our list management also holds us back as much as Halfstep does, if not maybe more-  but it's really a tandem effort.

:clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »
Not sure our wins are based on our kids, after all almost to a man they dont get enough ball to influence games.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »
Part of the issue is that our forward line is chock full of 18-20 year olds. Take out Riewoldt and mids that rest forward and that's what we have. So, I don't think we'll see consistency because of this. We obviously need a tall that can take a grab too and that will relieve the work load on the kids. They're constantly up against bigger more mature bodies and they will tire because of this. I would not be surprised to see us slide out of the 8 if these kids can't up the ante and help Riewoldt, Cotchin and Martin because they can't do it all every game.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 11:40:06 AM »
We have played 10 juniors this yr 18 -21 yr olds

Stengle  18 yrs - 2 games,  sml/fwd.
C Ellis  20yrs -    2 games,  MED MID???
Lennon  22 yrs - 2 games,  med/fwd/mid
Soldo 21yrs       3 games, ruck.
Markov  21yrs -  5 games, med def/fwd
Bolton   18yrs  -  5 games, sml/fwd
menadue 20yrs - 9 games, med/ Outside mid
Butler 21yrs  -   14 games, sml/fwd
Short 21yrs  -   15 games, sml/def
Castagna 21yr - 16 games sml/fwd
Rioli  20yrs  -   16 games sml/fwd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 01:04:32 PM »
Not sure our wins are based on our kids, after all almost to a man they dont get enough ball to influence games.

If you can't see that the speed, forward pressure and general defensive pressure of our smalls and and even Menadue when he's been in who are all kids has been a contributing factor in our wins so far then you clearly haven't been watching. Whether they can maintain it from here on in is a seperate issue.

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 01:08:15 PM »
I give Hardwick some credit for being only percentage outside the top 4 at the 3/4 mark of the home and away season -  But mark my words another elimination final defeat is completely unacceptable.

Rioli
Bulter
Castagna
Menadue
Short
Mcintosh
Bolton

Who are all young and very inexperienced footballers is nothing short of miraculous.

werent you on bigfooty a few weeks back arguing that castagna's kicking wasnt bad and that he should be played back?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 06:07:17 PM »

Rioli
Bulter
Castagna
Menadue
Short
Mcintosh
Bolton

werent you on bigfooty a few weeks back arguing that castagna's kicking wasnt bad and that he should be played back?

:shh
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 08:01:13 PM »
But what if we won in Adelaide ? Would you believe then?

Eh it's nice to day dream then life comes back to smack you in the mouth.

Whilst the likes of Mat73 is spruiking up "Mathematical Possibilities", what if we all won Division 1 tattslotto each week sequentially for the next 52 weeks?

We can even pick Hardwicks lucky favourites as numbers - 5, 6, 10, 27, 28.....etc etc. Its a lock.

Lets all buy in and of you dont, I cant believe the hatred against such an idea. Am i missing something? Why would anyone despise the idea and likelihood?

#ohlifecouldbeadreamshaboomshaboom

Ah to dream the impossible dream 😄😄😄😄😄

Can't see it happening and fully expect us to get pantsed in the finals but Stuart Diver survived 5 days underground. They have a vaccine for cervical cancer and we haven't yet had a nuclear war in Trump's first 100 days. Proof miracles do happen.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2017, 09:26:18 PM »

Rioli
Bulter
Castagna
Menadue
Short
Mcintosh
Bolton

Yes i was and your point is?

I want him or have wanted him played back for reasons other than his kicking. That aside i have never said he is a top kick just that he is no more a turn over merchant than others whose skills leave a lot to be desired. But keep grasping at straws son.
One thing for sure he is a lousy shot at goal and we play him fwd go figure.We play him fwd but have a plethora of small forwards.

I think he is good in the air for his size  harrases chases applies pressure  weather fwd or back runs and takes the game on and imo could  make a decent  one v one sml def.  In short ive been prepared to trade of weakness for strength  but that doesnt mean he has magically become a skilled player, i just think he is better suited to a role in defense.Either way his skill set for a small leaves a lot to be desired.
I can see no reason not to try him in defense.

Do i think he is a keeper i am not sure, if honest id trade him out because of his skills for a small.  but hey his KICKING and turnovers are no worse than Jaydon Shorts atm.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:42:27 PM by the claw »

tony_montana

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:16 PM »

Rioli
Bulter
Castagna
Menadue
Short
Mcintosh
Bolton

Yes i was and your point is?

I want him or have wanted him played back for reasons other than his kicking. That aside i have never said he is a top kick just that he is no more a turn over merchant than others whose skills leave a lot to be desired. But keep grasping at straws son.
One thing for sure he is a lousy shot at goal and we play him fwd go figure.We play him fwd but have a plethora of small forwards.

I think he is good in the air for his size  harrases chases applies pressure  weather fwd or back runs and takes the game on and imo could  make a decent  one v one sml fwd.  In short ive been prepared to trade of weakness for strength  but that doesnt mean he has magically become a skilled player, i just think he is better suited to a role in defense.Either way his skill set for a small leaves a lot to be desired.
I can see no reason not to try him in defense.

Do i think he is a keeper i am not sure, if honest id trade him out because of his skills for a small.  but hey his KICKING and turnovers are no worse than Jaydon Shorts atm.

The point is pretty clear I would've thought...

Short's had an off day or two but yeah ok claw, Shorts kicking is at the same level as castagna.. Carry on mate, cant even be bothered

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
Short has one shocker and all of sudden his kicking is as bad as Castagna's.....ahahaha don't ever change mopsy claws... :clapping

- Thomas Sowell