Author Topic: Finals - will we make them ??  (Read 24700 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Finals - will we make them ??
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2017, 07:57:17 PM »
Melbourne beat the struggling Giants .

Sydney beat the Dangerfieldless Cats

Richmond beat the Hodgeless Hawks

All that equates to the Tigers jumping up to second spot on the ladder .

With the Cats the following week to consolidate that spot. But we got Dimma
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2017, 04:04:52 AM »
Champion Data has us as 96% to make the finals and 51% to make top 4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CHAMPION DATA FINALS CHANCES

CLUB    TOP FOUR    TOP EIGHT

Adelaide           98%    100%
Geelong           82%    99%
GWS Giants      78%    99%
Port Adelaide    60%    98%
Richmond         51%    96%
Sydney Swans  15%    89%
West Coast         6%    60%
Melbourne           5%    60%
Western Bulldogs 6%    52%
Essendon          <1%    26%
St Kilda             <1%    12%
Hawthorn          <1%    9%
Collingwood         0%    <1%
Fremantle            0%    0%
Gold Coast Suns  0%    0%
North Melbourne 0%    0%
Carlton               0%    0%
Brisbane Lions     0%    0%

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/the-run-home-hawthorn-a-sneaky-finals-chance-as-afl-clubs-prepare-for-pivotal-round-20/news-story/baf251c446b516a0bedf58b59933a690

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2017, 11:29:29 AM »
Seems to be a bit of backslapping and champagne cork popping in other threads about Dustys supposed brownlow win etc. Just wanted to give my prediction.

We win this week and and the backslapping continues meanwhile danger spends a week on the sidelines and watches on whilst his cats lose to swans this week. Managing their players fpr their the real statement game against richmond the week after.
You just couldnt script this stuff
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »
dont make top 4 and you can kiss another final series goodbye as you can almost guarantee it that we will lose.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2017, 11:44:32 AM »
I know it's hard to have confidence because of the past but we need to believe and back the boys to many negatives on this topic.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2017, 11:52:15 AM »
I know it's hard to have confidence because of the past but we need to believe and back the boys to many negatives on this topic.

Or we can all have the freedom to form and express our own opinions and not be demanded by others to think a certain way.

Think about if others went out of their way to demand of you how to think.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:29:00 PM by 🏅Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »
Being a Richmind supporter surely you would even entertain that the punchline of the joke is only around the corner...

Its not the players... There's bad juju or curse on the club
We find new ones to punish ourselves all the time
And this non sense aout Dustys brownlow... we also have cotch and a number of players that could take votes off dusty. Hawthorns Mitchell doesnt have too much competition in his team but has been solid almost all year..
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »
i remember that year campbell was the outright favourite to win and got sfa. I was so excited as a kid in the lead up, but once again got smashed by the umpires.

could happen again

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
i remember that year campbell was the outright favourite to win and got sfa. I was so excited as a kid in the lead up, but once again got smashed by the umpires.

could happen again

If you're talking about '95, Campbell wasn't outright favourite. I'm fairly confident on that.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »
perhaps, but he was up there wasnt he?

I remember clearly he was right up there before the count

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »

I know he was one of the favourites and that Kelly was a massive upset. I'm relying on the old man's take on that one.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2017, 03:50:19 PM »

I know he was one of the favourites and that Kelly was a massive upset. I'm relying on the old man's take on that one.

From memory Campbell was definitely top 3 favourite with ALOT of the media backing him in
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »

could happen again
Biggest one in my living memory was KB....

1974: 'KB' and Kangas in a spat

Richmond rover Kevin Bartlett was the hottest fancy in years. Here's an excerpt from an AFL Record feature on the night of the count:

Bartlett had won Richmond's best and fairest for the second successive season and had cleaned up the various media awards.

"I won 11 of them and came second in the other. I would say it was my best season," Bartlett said.

Back then, the Brownlow Medal count took place the Monday after the final round of the season. It was little more than a glorified sportsman's night, at which the 12 club captains would sit on the stage, manually updating their team's leaderboards.

The votes weren't called out on a game-by-game basis; rather, the single votes were read out first, followed by the two votes, with the three votes called out last.

Bartlett tried not to get caught up in the hype that night as he headed to Melbourne's Southern Cross Hotel.

"It was all about winning the premiership and everything else was second rate. Who cares about awards if you don't win the premiership?"

The League stage-managed the count to perfection. Melbourne ruck-rover Gary Hardeman emerged as the player to beat as the three votes were counted. Towards the end, he had 23 votes to North Melbourne wingman Keith Greig's 18 and Bartlett's 16.

Bartlett went to 22 votes with five votes to be counted. The feeling around the room was that his name would surely be called at least once more; it was his medal to lose.

But Greig, who had moved to 21, earned three more votes and regained the lead with 24. The next two votes went to Footscray's Barry Round and Hawthorn's Kelvin Matthews.

VFL secretary Eric McCutchan announced there was one vote to go. Sporting Globe chief football writer Greg Hobbs was sitting on Bartlett's table and dramatically took out his wallet, threw some cash on the table and loudly declared Bartlett would win on the last vote of the night.

McCutchan continued: "And the final vote, ladies and gentlemen, is K … Greig, North Melbourne."

All hell broke loose as Greig claimed his second straight Brownlow Medal. In their wisdom, the organisers had laid out the tables inside the ballroom with the clubs in alphabetical order, which meant the North Melbourne and Richmond contingents were seated alongside each other.

As soon as the count was over, Tigers secretary Alan Schwab and committeeman Charlie Priestley booed and hissed. Once outside the ballroom, Ron Joseph, the North secretary, challenged them and he and Priestley, a feisty former Richmond premiership player, then scuffled and nearly came to blows.

Schwab summed up the mood at Tigerland, telling The Age's Mike Sheahan: "It's a joke. Greig deserved to win a Brownlow, but not this year."

There was a twist in the tail of the building rivalry between the two clubs. September culminated in the Tigers beating the Roos to take that year's premiership, their second straight.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2017, 04:54:18 PM »
Champion Data has us as 96% to make the finals and 51% to make top 4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CHAMPION DATA FINALS CHANCES

CLUB    TOP FOUR    TOP EIGHT

Adelaide           98%    100%
Geelong           82%    99%
GWS Giants      78%    99%
Port Adelaide    60%    98%
Richmond         51%    96%
Sydney Swans  15%    89%
West Coast         6%    60%
Melbourne           5%    60%
Western Bulldogs 6%    52%
Essendon          <1%    26%
St Kilda             <1%    12%
Hawthorn          <1%    9%
Collingwood         0%    <1%
Fremantle            0%    0%
Gold Coast Suns  0%    0%
North Melbourne 0%    0%
Carlton               0%    0%
Brisbane Lions     0%    0%

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/the-run-home-hawthorn-a-sneaky-finals-chance-as-afl-clubs-prepare-for-pivotal-round-20/news-story/baf251c446b516a0bedf58b59933a690

GWS 78% to make top 4 seems a little high . I think they are just hanging on at the moment . I can see them being replaced in the top 4 by us and or Port Adelaide.
Unleash the tornado

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »

Or we can all have the freedom to form and express our own opinions and not be demanded by others to think a certain way.

Think about if others went out of their way to demand of you how to think.

Someone needs to go smell the roses taking things way to serious. :o