Author Topic: Round 20 Richmond vs Hawthorn MCG  (Read 13049 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Round 20 Richmond vs Hawthorn MCG
« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
Yeah I love Butlers pace, agility and skills but sometimes he gets the ball and starts to overthink when he should just move the bloody thing on.  He gets caught out too many times being cute.  Castagna is probably less skilled with the ball, just as fast but he doesn't take unnecessary risks and so far has been more effective. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »
Yeah once or twice he did but even then it was after he stuffed up initially...like when he set up the shot on goal for CEllis (?)
well he had a shot, got smothered then hit up Ellis on the left. Good play I reckon. 

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2017, 05:28:34 PM »
Butler played okay against the Hawks, He set up multiple goals and importantly cleaned up his own mistakes- example being his kick to Georgie that fell short. He followed through got the handpass and set up a goal. His mark from Dustin's kick was also very good. I agree with the criticism in recent times he has appeared to be caught in two minds.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2017, 06:37:13 PM »
Yeah I love Butlers pace, agility and skills but sometimes he gets the ball and starts to overthink when he should just move the bloody thing on.  He gets caught out too many times being cute.  Castagna is probably less skilled with the ball, just as fast but he doesn't take unnecessary risks and so far has been more effective.

Butler's good enough to win a final off his own boot. He's definitely someone who should just think less when he has the pill
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »
That's the trouble when you're not a great finisher and you know it. You're always thinking someone else is likely to be in a better position to kick the goal.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2017, 06:41:50 PM »
Think all of our forwards are too unselfish at times, i realise its hard to make the right decisions under pressure but sometimes the easier option is for the player with the ball to take responsibility and put it between the big sticks. Too often we see botched passes or stupid handballs putting others under pressure when a shot from 30 metres should have been taken in the first place.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2017, 05:27:29 AM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Clarkson)

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN

10 Kane Lambert (Rich)
8 Josh Caddy (Rich)
5 James Sicily (Haw)
4 Dion Prestia (Rich)
3 Dustin Martin (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-07/aflca-votes-round-20-superstar-dog-barks-back

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2017, 06:16:07 AM »

Can someone explain what Lambert's role was against Hawthorn.

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2017, 07:52:57 AM »
His ball use was great. Hit targets inside 50. Made the right decisions. Wish he kicked that goal on the run instead of being mowed down

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2017, 05:07:19 PM »
Although he didn't get on the end of any, I thought butler was very good. Looked really composed with the ball and made the right decisions. His ability to just get a toe on the ball to keep the wave of pressure rolling is so valuable

Disagree - thought  he was far too often either caught in two minds or spending it before he got it and it's actually a bit of an issue with him....and I say that as one of his biggest supporters who was first here to back him in....

Something just seems off with him hey? Concentration? Confidence? Who knows.

I can confirm Dio was first to back him in

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2017, 05:18:30 PM »
Although he didn't get on the end of any, I thought butler was very good. Looked really composed with the ball and made the right decisions. His ability to just get a toe on the ball to keep the wave of pressure rolling is so valuable

Disagree - thought  he was far too often either caught in two minds or spending it before he got it and it's actually a bit of an issue with him....and I say that as one of his biggest supporters who was first here to back him in....

Something just seems off with him hey? Concentration? Confidence? Who knows.

I can confirm Dio was first to back him in
Proof or you are just backing a mate. :snidegrin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2017, 05:32:28 PM »
Butler is awesome don't get me wrong, just needs to go with his first instinct and not second guess himself or overthink it, that is what stuffs him when he gets tripped up.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2017, 05:35:35 PM »
Butler is awesome don't get me wrong, just needs to go with his first instinct and not second guess himself or overthink it, that is what stuffs him when he gets tripped up.

In the first five rounds I felt the opposite. I though Butler was too selfish and would blaze away and wouldn't even look. He seems to have 180 in recent weeks

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2017, 05:37:31 PM »
He will be a good acquisition.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2017, 06:41:46 PM »
Proof or you are just backing a mate. :snidegrin

Thought it was common knowledge me and Dio actually dislike each other a fair bit. But whatever helps suit your story