Author Topic: Dimma & Cotch on the Footy Show tonight  (Read 1760 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma & Cotch on the Footy Show tonight
« on: August 10, 2017, 08:56:32 PM »
Coming up after the break.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dimma & Cotch on the Footy Show tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:09:39 PM »
He's a stuffn embarrassment.

Mrs Hardwick...... again.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »
Dimma: Pretty horrific 12 months (re: 2016). Strong leadership under Benny and Peggy meant we stuck fat. Our fans have stuck by us over those tough 12 months (Hughesy chipped in that us supporters have stuck by the club for longer than 12 months).

Cotch: Even in 2016 our fans stuck fat. Winning is fun but the pleasing thing is the purity and consistency of the football we've played this year.

Sam asked about Dusty. Apparently, Dusty stood up Dimma and Cotch for dinner tonight. Dimma said he feels Dusty will be at Richmond next year. Cotch added he expects Dusty to be a Richmond champion for a very long time.

Dimma: Influx of talent over summer: Nankervis, Prestia, Caddy, ... has made a difference. We've had some pretty good sessions about what we're about. He admitted his reigns were too tight last year, so he's loosen them up this year while still respecting team rules. He let's the players go out and play with greater freedom this year. It's a lot more enjoyable this year.

Dimma: We spoke about Geelong's outs at match committee today and how they'll be less predictable. We're more familiar with how they play when Selwood, Hawkins and Duncan are all playing. We noticed with ourselves with Jack missing we were less predictable as we had to modify our entries into the forward line. Geelong have lost 3 very good players but they will still put a strong side out on the park.

Dimma: We're pleased with what we've produced so far this year but we still feel our best footy is ahead of us.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
Stood them up due to having a date with over 500+ adoring fans at Frankston shopping centre  :thumbsup

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 09:30:58 PM »
Gee we're getting some press this week.  Interesting to see how we play this week.  History shows we don't respond well in this situation.

This worries me....

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »
Gee we're getting some press this week.  Interesting to see how we play this week.  History shows we don't respond well in this situation.

This worries me....

Exactly my thoughts..
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 09:38:47 PM »
Here's some clips of the Dimma & Cotch interview:

Who would have thought Richmond would be in this position 12 months ago? #9AFLFootyShow
VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/895602026364551168

"I think he'll be at Richmond next year" - Damien Hardwick seems pretty confident on Dustin Martin's future. #9AFLFootyShow
VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/895602756819369988

What has triggered Richmond's great resurgence this season? #9AFLFootyShow
VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/895603201960951808

We simply can't get enough of Mrs. Hardwick! 😂😂😂 #9AFLFootyShow
VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/895603567045648384

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 09:41:18 PM »
OE, don't promote that garbage program for free.

Save your energies for the finals, ol boy.
Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »

This worries me....

Exactly my thoughts..

true lads, but if we want to be the best we're going to have to learn to cope with it starting this week. If we dont and we choke then we know nothings changed

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »

This worries me....

Exactly my thoughts..

true lads, but if we want to be the best we're going to have to learn to cope with it starting this week. If we dont and we choke then we know nothings changed

True
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 10:13:33 PM »

This worries me....

Oh please ....if we can't handle this , what will GF week be like  ??
Unleash the tornado

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »
OE, don't promote that garbage program for free.

Save your energies for the finals, ol boy.

It's vomitus
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 11:55:58 PM »
Stood them up due to having a date with over 500+ adoring fans at Frankston shopping centre  :thumbsup
Cheers, Machine  :thumbsup.

https://twitter.com/yodi12/status/895615408304136192

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 12:49:00 AM »
Saw him doing the same thing at Southland a few months back. I didn't even know, I was just wondering why there were so many people queued up in Tigers gear while I just wanted to get into JB. It wasn't until I was riding up the escalator did I look into the memorabilia shop to see him signing autographs and taking pictures with fans.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »
Damien Hardwick says Richmond Tigers resurgence boils down to leadership and support

By Mitchell Jones
11 August 2013

This time last year the Tigers sat 13th on the ladder with just eight wins to their name, skip forward 12 months however, and Richmond occupy third spot on the ladder and looking to make a big impact in September.

But what has caused this turnaround in form?

Speaking on the AFL Footy Show on Thursday night, coach Damien Hardwick put the improvements down to leadership and support.

“It’s been a bit of a resurgence, it was a pretty horrific 12 months previous,” Hardwick said.

“Under some good leadership and guidance from Brendan Gale (CEO) and Peggy O’Neal (President) we’ve managed to stick fat,

“The emergence of our skipper (Trent Cotchin), Jack (Riewoldt) and Alex  (Rance) have certainly taken charge and got us back to where we knew it could be”

Richmond failed to win another game after Round 20 last season leaving them with a disappointing season tally of 8-14, well down on internal and external expectations given they made the finals in 2015.

A reality that the club didn’t shy away from at the time.

“It was always going to be a stage we were challenged and it was, and it was tough times there’s no doubt about that.” Hardwick said.

“We spoke about it internally and then externally as well,”

The club re-signed Damien Hardwick at the start of the 2016 season to a two-year extension that many considered premature given what unfolded later that season.

However, Hardwick always believed his side was capable of what they are achieving today.

“We sort of believed in what we were doing although we had not quite the results we were after,” Hardwick said.

“I was pretty keen to get us back to finals,

“I was very confident in what we were doing, we had some hiccups along the way and our progression had been pretty linear up until that stage”

Hardwick’s persistence has certainly paid-off given his side is just a month away from a finals tilt that many predict could be their biggest in some years.

The coach however, is still keeping a lid on things.

“We’re really positive about where we are at the moment, but we still know we’ve got a fair way to go.” Hardwick said.

Not only is Hardwick hoping to achieve the ultimate success of a premiership for his players and club, but Richmond’s loyal yellow and black army who have had to endure so much in recent decades.

“It’s really exciting for our fans and they’ve hung tough over a 12 month block, and we’re looking forward to rewarding them with some good football going forward,” Hardwick said.

The Tigers travel to Simmonds Stadium on Saturday afternoon to take on the Cats who are hot on their tails in fourth position.

If Hardwick and Trent Cotchin find themselves on that dais in the middle of the MCG on September 30, you can bank on one thing, the Tigers fans will be cheering and celebrating deep into the summer!

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/08/11/09/57/damien-hardwick-happy-with-richmond-tigers-resurgence