Author Topic: Leaders?  (Read 3501 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Leaders?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »

This was a notable factor in the loss, along with a few players who shouldnt have been out there, less tackling pressure than usual, wrong option handballs, kicking for goal, the umpiring and the lack of a genuine second tall.

So all those things but still mainly Cotchin's fault.....cool story bro #insaneagenda

It was a significant factor (in yet another game) along with the others.

#ninedisposalsvsnmfcneverforget  #againstthewindneverforgive
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »
So I read many disagreeing with my opinion of our leaders this game.

This game was finals like. We we favourites to win and we were playing at a place against a team that has bullied us for more than 30 years.

We needed our leaders to stand up and they failed.

Am I wrong to state that Cotchin hasn't been able to win us an important game yet let alone a final? Show me a great captain and I'll show you one that leads his team to victory.

Rance has won us games but fact remains he failed yesterday and these finals type games a leader needs to stand and win. Riewoldt too failed today.
These blokes failed the team and couldn't produce the goods to inspire their teammates and give them the lift they need.

Reputations are won and lost in finals and these blokes haven't achieved diddly squat unless they can deliver a finals win. Yesterday was a test and they failed it. Simple.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »
Can the thread title be changed to my team lost and I want to have a sookee lah lah?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »

This game was finals like. We we favourites to win and we were playing at a place against a team that has bullied us for more than 30 years.

Am I wrong to state that Cotchin hasn't been able to win us an important game yet let alone a final? Show me a great captain and I'll show you one that leads his team to victory.

Rance has won us games but fact remains he failed yesterday and these finals type games a leader needs to stand and win. Riewoldt too failed today.
These blokes failed the team and couldn't produce the goods to inspire their teammates and give them the lift they need.

Reputations are won and lost in finals and these blokes haven't achieved diddly squat unless they can deliver a finals win. Yesterday was a test and they failed it. Simple.
What you say is true but it isn't as simple as you put it. We lost a bit at the selection table. We lost Caddy in the first quarter and that unbalanced us. We allowed their mids to run through without enough of our usual pressure and that mad them able to direct passes at will to Taylor. We weren't coached that well either but the players also didn't respond.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 07:51:42 PM »
The good news is Geelong will get those three back, see us in the finals and pants us.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 07:57:36 PM »
no point potting Houli, the fact we relied on him to be pushing up and taking marks in the forward line and taking shots on goal spells out the problem.  He nailed one of them at least.  If we could convert better, we might of won, Geelong looked absolutely shagged towards the end of the third, but we just cannot score no matter how many entries we get or how long we bog it down in our forward line.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 08:22:26 PM »
Captain MIA
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »
Did Prestia play ?
Caracella and Balmey.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 08:43:05 PM »
Did Prestia play ?

Yeah he did and was one of our best
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »

What you say is true but it isn't as simple as you put it. We lost a bit at the selection table. We lost Caddy in the first quarter and that unbalanced us. We allowed their mids to run through without enough of our usual pressure and that mad them able to direct passes at will to Taylor. We weren't coached that well either but the players also didn't respond.
I think your right about selection. Keeping Soldo in the team was a mistake. Nankervis was in effective in his role.
Your right about being out coached too. How they used Dusty was poor and why they didn't change Rances role was silly.
We had a chance to end the hoodoo and stand up against a perennial bully but they failed the test.
 A test was presented on the eve of the finals to make a statement, to instill belief and to cement a top two finish and a home final, the three leaders failed in that test. No excuses are necessary.
Teams look at this game and all know how easy it is to make us crumble.
Our leaders have a responsibility to not allow that to happen and show the rest of them that no matter what they'll excel amidst extreme adversity and lead us to victory. Champions do this especially in finals. Unfortunately none of our leaders have been able to produce the goods when it really counts.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 12:22:27 AM »
I mentioned this in another thread I also agree we were poorly coached to,to slow to make moves and not reactive.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 12:39:29 PM »
Did Prestia play ?

Did you watch the game?

Plenty to bag before him

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 01:29:58 PM »
Jacks goal kicking is a real worry. He's gotta nail those as a leader. Cost us more than once

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 01:44:18 PM »
I was at the game and saw Cotchin bring all the players together at half time before they left the arena and gave them what for and they responded well in the 3rd with tackling and pressure. 

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »
Did Prestia play ?

Did you watch the game?

Plenty to bag before him

I did.

It's just that I forgot after the first quarter.

Perhaps I went for a pee and missed it.
Caracella and Balmey.