Author Topic: Josh Caddy lauds Blake Caracella's coaching impact at Richmond (H-Sun)  (Read 6463 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
OSH Caddy has lauded the impact assistant coach Blake Caracella has made on Richmond’s game style as the pair try to topple their former side on Friday night.

The highly-rated Caracella has helped the Tigers inject a direct style of ball movement as well as beef-up their tackling and contested ball efforts over summer.

Caddy, who will return from a hamstring injury for the qualifying final, said the changes were designed to help Richmond play a brand of football that would win finals after “wiping the slate clean” at the end of last year.

The midfield tough-nut said many of Caracella’s tactical philosophies were brought across from his seven-year stint at Geelong, helping make Caddy’s own transition to Punt Rd much easier.

“Blake Caracalla came across at the same time and brought a lot of ideas along with him,” Caddy said.

“Some of the stuff the Richmond guys were learning (over summer) was for the first time and were only speaking about for the first time, some things I had been used to (at Geelong).

“For example, tackling and contested ball, it was something that Geelong had gone away from over the past few years but then last year something they really prided ourselves on.

“Richmond was something like the worst tackling team in the competition last year and the worst pressure team and a high disposal team and not so much a metres gained team.

“So, things like that. Little nuances and forward structure and things like that. They really changed things”.

Blake Caracella has given the Tigers a fresh look since crossing to Punt Rd. Picture: AFL Media

Blake Caracella in action for Essendon in 2002.
Richmond is aiming for its first finals win since 2001 and its second victory over the Cats in 22 attempts.

Caddy said he took a lot of confidence from the consistency of Richmond’s game style this season.

“We know what we are going to bring,” Caddy said today at a Merrywell charity event to launch the finals.

“We have had a couple of games (against) Adelaide and the St Kilda game this year where we haven’t rocked up, so to speak.

“Apart from that, the 20-odd other games we have brought it.

“If you ask people what Richmond is going to deliver, they will be able to tell you. That’s what we are focusing on this week and we believe it will stand up in finals.”

The loser of Friday night’s clash will take on the winner of the Sydney versus Essendon elimination final at the SCG on Saturday.

Caddy said he was optimistic his move to the Tigers would bear rich fruit this season after he was surprisingly traded for pick No. 24 (Brandon Parfitt).

He said the excitement around Dustin Martin’s re-signing last week had added some momentum.

“Dusty’ is a bit of an enigma, because you don’t hear a lot from him but internally everyone loves him,” Caddy said.

“For him to show his commitment to the club it definitely gives everyone a bit of a pep-up and we can’t wait to see what he delivers this finals series.

“He is at a point where he wants to have some success as well, and he probably chose that over money or other factors.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/josh-caddy-lauds-blake-caracellas-impact-at-richmond-ahead-of-blockbuster-final-against-old-side/news-story/3d9a3907edfe43fc38463628ce2b4b0c

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Josh Caddy lauds Blake Caracella's coaching impact at Richmond (H-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:53:06 PM »
lol at people spruiking Dima

Caracalla is a gun and behind what we are seeing

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:53:52 PM »
i think that ends that argument then.

dimwit would be feeling extra nervous if we go out in straight sets, with blake ready to take over.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 12:26:33 AM »
Behind every cloud....

...also helps that we have Martin safely locked away now... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 12:56:01 AM »
I think Mat from Perth should read this twice just in case he doesn't get it the first time.  :shh :whistle
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 06:49:39 AM »
I think Mat from Perth should read this twice just in case he doesn't get it the first time.  :shh :whistle
:clapping

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 06:52:36 AM »

dimwit would be feeling extra nervous if we go out in straight sets, with blake ready to take over.

You obviously didn't watch Gale on fox footy's "On the Couch" the other night week.... Dimma aint going anywhere anytime soon  ;) ;D

And FWIW I reckon a few on here might be a bit nervous if we make it all the way to the "big dance" ... Dimma will get a contract extension ... 2, 3 or even 5 years  :rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 07:10:05 AM »
Couple of things:-
i basic management philosophy is to surround yourself with talent that can help make you look good
ii the article seems to refute yeah right's contention that Dimma envisaged this game plan and needed the right assistant coaches to help him implement
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »

Yep. The upside of a straights sets loss is Dimma out Blake in
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 07:39:15 AM »

You obviously didn't watch Gale on fox footy's "On the Couch" the other night week.... Dimma aint going anywhere anytime soon  ;) ;D

And FWIW I reckon a few on here might be a bit nervous if we make it all the way to the "big dance" ... Dimma will get a contract extension ... 2, 3 or even 5 years  :rollin :rollin
Then Blake will be in line to move onto the next coaching position.
Sounds as though he is a must keep.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 09:10:40 AM »
It would be so Richmondy if we extended Dimmas contract, Carracella left to coach the Gold Coast and we plummet down the ladder again next year..
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 09:26:52 AM »

Dont think anyone cares if we make it to the big dance and he gets an extension.

until that happens he has done sfa to warrant an extension, other than make every feel warm and fuzzy

Gale said what he had to, but i'm sure he will be singing a different tune if we drop out

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 09:34:34 AM »

Dont think anyone cares if we make it to the big dance and he gets an extension.

until that happens he has done sfa to warrant an extension, other than make every feel warm and fuzzy

Gale said what he had to, but i'm sure he will be singing a different tune if we drop out
If we drop out in straight sets (and hey it is a toughy but life is life) the microscope goes onto Dimma, strange how Gale and Peggy have no accountability??

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 09:50:20 AM »
Can we not just be happy with the success we've had so far this year ? IDC who's in charge it's obviously working. No doubt caracellas had a positive impact like the article suggests but you're an absolute fool if you think Dimma doesn't play a massive role. He has the players playing for him, dare I make the resemblance to beveridge in his premiership year.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »
How come we have to play Sydney at Sydney if we lose, didn't we finish on top of them??