Author Topic: Dwayne Russell’s concerns about what a Richmond premiership would mean (3aw)  (Read 3784 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dwayne Russell’s concerns about what a Richmond premiership would mean

3AW FOOTBALL
15 September 2017

Dwayne Russell has expressed his concerns about what a Richmond premiership would mean for the game.

Dwayne believes the Tigers are excessively defensive, and other teams will follow suit if they take home the grand prize in 2017.

“The trend of playing small forwards who don’t kick goals but chase and tackle might be unstoppable,” Dwayne said.

“Last week, at the 25-minute mark of the second quarter, it was three goals to nil.

“That’s a soccer score. That’s no good.”

If the Tigers salute, they will be the third lowest-scoring premiership team in history.

Only two Tigers have kicked more than 30 goals this season, and one of those is midfielder Dustin Martin.

Dwayne said Geelong and GWS have already shown they are following suit by leaving Daniel Menzel and Steve Johnson out of their sides in the first week of the finals.

“It’s saved Damien Hardwick’s job, playing this style of football,” Dwayne said.

“So what do you think every other coach is going to do?”

http://www.3aw.com.au/podcast/dwayne-russells-concerns-about-what-a-richmond-premiership-would-mean/

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
This bloke is a clown "in your wildest dreams" and a first class knob.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Drown 'em in your honey Dwayne
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Another known Richmond hater. Still bitter about last Friday night, Dwayne?! :yep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
I actually think he loves the tigers.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Nah - he just jumps on the bandwagon when it suits .

Unleash the tornado

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Don't listen to him when on 3AW tune into a different radio station and when commenting on Fox turn the sound down or mute it, i do this alot and the game is better to watch when you do.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
And I thought it was just me that thought this guy was a flog... glad I'm proven incorrect
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Mmmmm but would you say our style is boring? I wouldn't (maybe I'm biased as a Richmond supporter). Compare that to Freo of a couple years ago. They were the most boring, defensive team I had seen, were relatively successful (without the big cup) and yet no one seemed to follow them.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm never a fan of hyper defensive styles. At least ours is in the forward line. But Richmond winning would only be part of a larger trend for lower scores.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Still made the top 8 when it came to scores for..... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Got to be the most generic, mundane commentator in the land.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Another media fringe player fighting for relevance in a crowded market.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
When we were poor Dwayne was as condescending as they come .

He's not allowed to jump on the bandwagon at the last minute.
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
what we do is nothing new one only needs look at the hawks  puopolo rioli bruest  and how they set up in the fwd half for three premierships in a row. Even Hodge and Burgoyne go thru there a lot of time.
Theres no  difference between us playing three smalls fwd and what the hawks did. the difference is we play one tall and  mediums instead of three  talls because we lack tall fwds.