Author Topic: How are everyone's nerves at this point?  (Read 19746 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: How are everyone's nerves at this point?
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »
no nerves no real expectations still.

Most shameless display of fence sitting shown on an Internet football forum while getting ready to unleash a tirade of self righteous "I told you so" if we falter.

Definately keeping his options open so he can (and if we lose he will).

The thing is his strategy and end game of the mother of all 'i told you so's' is the only reason hes still posting here, but people arent that stupid and can see right through it.

if we lose he'll do it, get his endorphin hit and then hell be gone for months. The Psychological drivers are very interesting.

All this from a guy who fabricated stats to make a point on another thread and then when he was called out and proven to be making the number up, just laughed.

Pretty humiliating and embarrasing stuff.  ;)
@
He is far from the only one on this forum that gave us no hope. He is one of the few that haven't changed his tune in the last month though. Doesn't matter though as win or loose he and many others have been proven wrong just by getting this far.

As Tiger supporters lets hope we all get to celebrate a flag and if we don't then let's hope there is more positivity here than there has been in past year's. 2017 has been a good year to be a Tiger, remember that even if the next couple of weeks don't bring us that illusive flag.

lol turn it up

who seriosuly predicted tigers to get this far? That would be very few not only here but at the club. Perhaps yeahright, jackstar and not many else.

matters little as you said  :thumbsup

There was a poll at the start of the season where almost a third of us said we would be top 8 and a few said top4/2. Pitty you cant see who voted for what  :whistle. The smile I would get from seeing that though would be nothing compared to the over the top joy from a flag. Its been a long time for all of us and some of us are getting to the point there it was starting to get to the point we might never see another one. If they win this week then I will be spending Grand Final Day with my Tiger Mum and Dad who are in their 80's thats for sure.

Im very nervous about this game. Probably more nervous that the possible Grand Final Matchups.  GWS have more pure talent than any team I have seen for years. If they put it together on the day its going to be very hard to win.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
Im very nervous about this game. Probably more nervous that the possible Grand Final Matchups.  GWS have more pure talent than any team I have seen for years. If they put it together on the day its going to be very hard to win.

That's the thing for me. I think a lot of us (and a number from the media) are expecting GWS are going to put in a performance like they did v Adelaide in the QF or Geel the week before. This is a prelim. They're going to hit us with everything they have. When they're up and going they're the best team in the comp. I can't help but be worried about that.

We need to play our best footy and hope a bit goes our way if we're going to win this.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2017, 05:35:26 PM »
Over 45's are feeling the pinch too!

You sure that's not the hammy getting out of bed?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »
Anyone feeling "all Richmond out" ??? - so many nonsensical Richmond articles at the moment , basically word vomit everywhere. 

This must be what its like to be a Crows supporter living in Adelaide. 

Saturday can't come quick enough - someone else to talk about .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »
Only because we've been shyte for so long and there's no other big Vic clubs left....

...imagine the media slobbering all over "brave" Essendon if they were still in it....hell they'e slobbered all over them for three decades...

...and just wait until Carlton & Collingwood start challenging again....and it's only been 5 years since the latter was....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2017, 08:14:56 PM »
A very different feeling to the '95 and 2001 Prelims where it was more hope against the odds. We're a genuine show if we bring that intensity, pressure and tackling ferocity of the QF. Just like Adelaide are doing to Geelong in the first quarter tonight. Geelong waltzed around the tired Swans last week (just like GWS did against the West Coast witches hats) but they are crumbling already under intense pressure. We do the same job on the Giants and we'll be in the Granny.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2017, 08:23:46 PM »
A very different feeling to the '95 and 2001 Prelims where it was more hope against the odds. We're a genuine show if we bring that intensity, pressure and tackling ferocity of the QF. Just like Adelaide are doing to Geelong in the first quarter tonight. Geelong waltzed around the tired Swans last week (just like GWS did against the West Coast witches hats) but they are crumbling already under intense pressure. We do the same job on the Giants and we'll be in the Granny.

exactly my mind set
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2017, 08:31:22 PM »

exactly my mind set

What a coincidence, me too  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

tony_montana

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2017, 09:02:36 PM »
Nervous energy kicking in

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2017, 09:26:20 PM »
I have a stack of man nappies ready to roll
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »
Only because we've been shyte for so long and there's no other big Vic clubs left....

...imagine the media robboering all over "brave" Essendon if they were still in it....hell they'e robboered all over them for three decades...

...and just wait until Carlton & Collingwood start challenging again....and it's only been 5 years since the latter was....

Efa
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2017, 10:50:22 PM »
I have a stack of man nappies ready to roll
Aaahh..yes, the 'lazy man' collection I do beleive..........
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2017, 11:23:09 PM »

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2017, 07:04:22 AM »
https://youtu.be/p_hBmHxRLNE

I'm watching this to get Geeed up

Time to take the lid off and embrace it now that gameday is here!!!!
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2017, 07:57:36 AM »
been awake since 5am with going all the scenarios of the game running uncontrolably through my mind.

im bloody exhausted!!!

first borrie of the day.

its tiger time folks!!!!!!
"Sliding doors moment.