Author Topic: Is Cotch in trouble with the MRP?  (Read 9715 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Is Cotch in trouble with the MRP?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 09:49:13 PM »
Has anyone got vision on Ellis incident ? .

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »
It won't even get looked at, they both ran for the ball and Ellis didn't aim for or brace for contact he went straight for the ball the other player was coming in at 90 degrees to him and was unlucky, neither backed off it was legit 2 players running at ball, no bump attempt, eyes on ball.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 10:38:08 PM »
Good to hear.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 11:25:17 PM »
well faaaaark me I might have to change my Avatar ....what a year.  If Cotch goes Tex walker should go too coz he clubbed a Geebung player in the jaw with his elbow.   No-one even blinked at that ffs.

Sloane goes before Walker IMO

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 11:56:18 PM »
Shiel had a further 5 to 7 touches after that with a direct assist.

What MUST be considered is that right before qtr time Shiel was crunched front on by Astbury just before the Patton handball over the top at qtr time. Shiel didn't play a minute after that.

Therefor medical report shouldn't be considered as no1 can categorically prove the concussion was from Cotchin incident.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 12:01:09 AM »
i get the feeling cameron and campo will try get him off, but its whether the afl wantg him off will determine what happens.

The giants will do everything to get him off

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 12:03:20 AM »
No issue. It's the AFL remember. They won't want their day in the sun ruined

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The coaches' verdict on Cotch? Let him play (afl site)
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2017, 02:39:22 AM »
The coaches' verdict on Cotch? Let him play

afl.com.au
24 September 2017

DAMIEN Hardwick and Leon Cameron think Trent Cotchin will be cleared by the Match Review Panel and lead Richmond into next week's Grand Final, with the rival coaches both describing the Tigers skipper as "a ball player".

Cotchin is almost certain to attract the attention of the MRP for his bump on Dylan Shiel during the first quarter of Saturday's preliminary final at the MCG.

Cotchin bumped Shiel 10 minutes into the opening term as the Giant was bending down to gather the ball. The Richmond captain was also contesting the ball, but went low and caught Shiel on the chin with his shoulder.

Shiel played out the remainder of the first quarter, but suffered a delayed concussion at the first break and was ruled out of the game midway through the second quarter.

Cotchin's situation is complicated by the fact he has already incurred two fines for low-level striking offences this season, which means that even if he escapes with a fine for the Shiel bump he will be ruled out of the Grand Final against Adelaide.

The Richmond skipper was fined $1000 for striking Fremantle midfielder Lachie Neale in round eight, and then $1500 for striking St Kilda’s Jack Lonie in round 16.

Asked after Saturday's game whether he thought Cotchin would be free to play against the Crows, Hardwick said: "I think so, at the end of the day (he's) a ball player."

Hardwick was reluctant to discuss the incident further, saying he hadn't seen a replay and had "no idea" whether Shiel's concussion would complicate matters for Cotchin.

The Tigers coach did say, however, Cotchin faced a nervous wait before the MRP released its findings on Monday.

"(It's) tough for any player I suppose, but the fact of the matter is he hasn't been reported," Hardwick said.

"Was there a free kick? I'm not even too sure, I've got no idea (there wasn't). I can't comment on it, so you can keep asking questions."

Cameron saw a replay of Cotchin's bump during the game and was confident the MRP would clear him.

"I only had a quick look at it for a split second just before quarter-time, but I think both of them were going for the footy," Cameron said.

"He's a ball player, Cotchin, and he's had a terrific year, so I wouldn't think there'll be anything in it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-23/shiels-day-done-tigers-skipper-could-face-mrp

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 03:06:18 AM »

What MUST be considered is that right before qtr time Shiel was crunched front on by Astbury just before the Patton handball over the top at qtr time. Shiel didn't play a minute after that.

Therefor medical report shouldn't be considered as no1 can categorically prove the concussion was from Cotchin incident.
This!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Are Cotch and Ellis in trouble with the MRP?
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2017, 03:22:37 AM »
Exactly!!!

Any danger someone in the media can report this??? The flog arguably dominated the 1st qtr and then Astbury block sent him off for a concussion test yet everyone is talking about the Cotchin incident.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2017, 03:25:00 AM »

This!

As you can see the time is just before qtr time. Didn't play another minute. This incident was 25 minutes after the Cotchin incident.
Go Tigers!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 06:32:39 AM »
There were some huge hits out there yesterday from our boys

I also think that big softy Grimes smashed into Himmelburg

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:48 AM »
There were some huge hits out there yesterday from our boys

I also think that big softy Grimes smashed into Himmelburg

God he's soft. Dylan 'Butter' Grimes....

dwaino

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 08:14:18 AM »
GWS will give Cotch a chop out I think. Pretty sure I read that Cameron said that Shiel copped a number of hits and it wasn't Cotchin's. Watching the replay it doesn't look that bad either. Same with the Ellis one. At the time I thought Ellis was in massive trouble but in the replay I missed it and had to rewind and it wasn't as bad as when I first saw it. Reckon both will be fine.