Author Topic: Mclaren....  (Read 1665 times)

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Mclaren....
« on: February 25, 2006, 05:18:08 PM »
Don't know about you but I cringe whenever I see this guy Umpire any game.  Especially Tigers games.

Has to be the worst umpire I have seen in my long years of watching AFL. :banghead :banghead
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Mclaren....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 08:30:36 PM »
Here here fluffy. They should give Hird his $20,000 back. McLaren has no understanding of the game :banghead.

I'm still trying to figure out why Pat Bowden got penalised for going for the mark in the marking contest  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 01:36:09 AM »
i could have killed him!
the umps are shocking

how was richos great mark running back with th eflight of the ball, and the ump called play on !!!
f n idiot!

and btw, it was worse in the cats / blues game

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 05:45:58 AM »
how was richos great mark running back with th eflight of the ball, and the ump called play on !!!
f n idiot!

The umpiring was pathetic all day but Richo must have played on as Wallace dragged him for that.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 11:52:01 AM »

The umpiring was pathetic all day but Richo must have played on as Wallace dragged him for that.

After watching the replay last night - don't ask me why because I don't really know why :'( :'( - the big fella definitely played on. It pains me to say it but the ump got that one right.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 12:14:33 PM »

After watching the replay last night - don't ask me why because I don't really know why :'( :'( - the big fella definitely played on. It pains me to say it but the ump got that one right.

it was one small step! technically yes he played on, so why didnt they call play one for the ten or so aother marks that a similar thing happened. consistancy was awful

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 12:33:37 PM »
it was one small step! technically yes he played on, so why didnt they call play one for the ten or so aother marks that a similar thing happened. consistancy was awful

Agree X, consistency is the problem with umpiring and it always has been and I don't think it will ever change

And having 4 of them out there didn't make it any better either - actually I thought it made it worse. You had times yesterday where the ump 10 metres away wouldn't make a decision and the one 40 metres away blowing his wistel and waving his hands like a galah with clipped wings - you have to wonder if they have an idea what they are doing.

As I said during the game why would any of them bother making a decsion when they got others they can rely on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 12:54:42 PM »
Is a idiot - Worst of the lot ... what can I say  >:(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 03:37:55 PM »

Agree X, consistency is the problem with umpiring and it always has been and I don't think it will ever change

And having 4 of them out there didn't make it any better either - actually I thought it made it worse. You had times yesterday where the ump 10 metres away wouldn't make a decision and the one 40 metres away blowing his wistel and waving his hands like a galah with clipped wings - you have to wonder if they have an idea what they are doing.

As I said during the game why would any of them bother making a decsion when they got others they can rely on

Agree WP.

The umps should only blow frees if it's clear and obvious a player has been impeded; not stupid 50/50 ticky touchwood they pull out of thin air :scream.

They were paying all these soft frees on Saturday yet in second quarter one of our defenders (might have Schulz?) grabbed a fistful of a Hawks forward's jumper yet lucky for us he got away with it. It was so obvious we could see from the other end of the ground. The umps are so busy trying to find even the slightest breach of the new rules they miss the obvious ones. It would make their job so much easier.

I still would like to know why Sarge got pinged for deliberate out of bounds when the ball crossed the line near a teammate yet a Hawk defender can kick the ball 30m straight across the line with not a player in sight and it's a throw in :banghead. Sheesh I can't stand that rule. The laws of the game do involve some interpretation but the deliberate out of bounds rule is joke given how inconsistently it is applied.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 02:21:21 AM »
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse guess who is umpiring our game tonight -

Field umpires: Margetts, McLaren, McInerney

:help  :banghead

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 07:36:17 AM »
Well looks like I will be watching most of the game alone.  Wife hates it when I start going off at the TV and that always happens when this guy is there (no matter whos playing).   :banghead :banghead

Better make sure there is enough Beer and Scotch in the house to put me to sleep.  :sleep

mmm   -  might start a "Mclaren's most stupid decisions" thread.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 09:14:47 PM »
Love your work lol.

Pie fans were cracking it today but the Tiges were first to the footy and played in front. None of the umps got sucked in by Didak diving or Tarrant sooking either  :clapping.