Author Topic: Grant Thomas: Richmond worst group to win premiership (Herald-Sun)  (Read 9390 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Grant Thomas: Richmond worst group to win premiership (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 11:00:51 PM »
Grant on twitter asked for a less credentialed premiership side.

I posted St Kilda 1966  ;D. His club has won just one flag in 130 years by one point off a wobbly kick  :wallywink.

No reply as yet from Grant  :lol.

he seems to respond to everyone else MT. I wonder why that is.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 11:21:02 PM »
Grant on twitter asked for a less credentialed premiership side.

I posted St Kilda 1966  ;D. His club has won just one flag in 130 years by one point off a wobbly kick  :wallywink.

No reply as yet from Grant  :lol.

he seems to respond to everyone else MT. I wonder why that is.
Reality hurts ;D.

I found his tweet and my reply:

Grant Thomas‏ @Thomo_Grant 7h ago

What sounds like sour grapes? It’s a compliment. Read tweets. I’d be honored to achieve that. Tell me a p’ship team with less credentials?

mighty tiges‏ @mightytiges

Replying to @Thomo_Grant @Tommy10cents

St Kilda 1966. Your club has just one flag off a wobbly kick & you're bagging a team that won all 3 finals by 6-8 goals. Laughable! #gotiges

Two Brownlow medallists (one with Norm Smith), Dual Coleman medallist, greatest full back of all time 5x AA & capt. Yeah what duds! #gotiges

1/3 of team 1st round draft picks incl. Rioli, Prestia. Jack Graham was U18 SA captain & Larke medallist (= 17 dumb other clubs). #gotiges
https://twitter.com/Thomo_Grant/status/914353628491554818
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 11:33:53 PM »
Burn
Unleash the tornado

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 12:12:44 AM »
I think he's incredibly jealous actually. Had a decent side which failed to win a gf.

I'm still in shock at our achievement to be honest.

Who would've thought we'd win the premiership? I'm not sure even our coach did if you asked them at the beginning of the year.

This achievement is a testament to the perseverance shown and professionalism of our footy club. From the coaches to the whole footy department there so many intangibles that need to all fit into place and sometimes even circumstance can set in motion an idea or change that's required.

Who's would've thought battlers like Broad, Castagna, Lambert, Butler, Graham would ever be the secret ingredients in the recipe of success?

For me, beating Geelong in the first final was another of those instances that create an aura of self-belief that can help propell even the less gifted to feats of greatness.

A lot has been spoken of the bond this team has for one another and that is another piece of the jigsaw puzzle that was put into place to complete the ultimate picture.

You don't need the best players but a team that has the belief and cohesion can achieve anything when the gameplan implemented compliments the players strengths and the team works hard for each other so the burden of success is a shared responsibility.

I'm not upset with Grant Thomas because there's nothing wrong in asking the question but who knows, maybe if he'd embraced that infamous preseason cup win that might have been the secret ingredient required for his team to see ultimate success.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 07:01:16 AM »
I think he's incredibly jealous actually. Had a decent side which failed to win a gf.

I'm still in shock at our achievement to be honest.

Who would've thought we'd win the premiership? I'm not sure even our coach did if you asked them at the beginning of the year.

This achievement is a testament to the perseverance shown and professionalism of our footy club. From the coaches to the whole footy department there so many intangibles that need to all fit into place and sometimes even circumstance can set in motion an idea or change that's required.

Who's would've thought battlers like Broad, Castagna, Lambert, Butler, Graham would ever be the secret ingredients in the recipe of success?

For me, beating Geelong in the first final was another of those instances that create an aura of self-belief that can help propell even the less gifted to feats of greatness.

A lot has been spoken of the bond this team has for one another and that is another piece of the jigsaw puzzle that was put into place to complete the ultimate picture.

You don't need the best players but a team that has the belief and cohesion can achieve anything when the gameplan implemented compliments the players strengths and the team works hard for each other so the burden of success is a shared responsibility.

I'm not upset with Grant Thomas because there's nothing wrong in asking the question but who knows, maybe if he'd embraced that infamous preseason cup win that might have been the secret ingredient required for his team to see ultimate success.  :shh

:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 07:38:04 AM »
Great post Tigeritis but honestly do Geelong have any good players apart from Selwood, Danger and possibly Mitch Duncan?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 08:42:33 AM »
I think it's actually a complement guys.

He's kind of right too. Champion team, not a team of champions.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 10:23:48 AM »
Lets face it Grant Thomas just said what so many opposition supporters are thinking .

Been reading opposition boards all weekend ( with my popcorn ) and they are all befuddled.

We really are hated by everyone.  It's a return to the glory years .
Unleash the tornado

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 10:34:30 AM »
YEAH wooohooo

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 12:57:23 PM »
The crows, and everyone else thought it was done and dusted and were practicing their speeches and heroic poses in their heads while we got on with dismantling them.  Spent it before they got it, classic blunder.  Never make a beverage of your bathwater.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 01:33:56 PM »
This guy is a halfwit and told him as much on twitter,  hes probably blocked me. 
Disrespectful a-hole. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2019, 05:13:33 PM »
Bump.

Clearly, Thomas now thinks we're the worst group to win two premierships :snidegrin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2019, 10:12:02 PM »
Great bump.

In no way were his comments complimentary.

Just an envious boob.

But this is what people from unsuccessful clubs do and say as they look on at successful clubs. They just can’t fathom how we do it, so they express their tall poppy as some sort of misguided tall poppy shyte.

Into the dustbin Grant...

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2019, 08:48:59 AM »
He's explained this multiple times and knowing him personally, it was not a dig. In hindsight, it was an inaccurate comment anyway as that side had a lot of talent despite the fact that several of that premiership side are now on the verge of flaming out of the AFL within 1-2 years.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »
He's explained this multiple times and knowing him personally, it was not a dig. In hindsight, it was an inaccurate comment anyway as that side had a lot of talent despite the fact that several of that premiership side are now on the verge of flaming out of the AFL within 1-2 years.

I also know him personally and was probably the first to text him asking him if we’re the worst side to ever win 2 Premiership. Not unexpectedly, no reply.
As we both would know, Grant likes spitting out opinions. Not all of them accurate nor complimentary