Author Topic: Ben Lennon wants to stay at Tigerland (afl site)  (Read 7374 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ben Lennon wants to stay at Tigerland (afl site)
« on: October 03, 2017, 06:09:31 AM »
Early-pick Tiger keen to stay on at Punt Road

afl.com.au
2 October 2017

OUT-OF-CONTRACT Richmond forward Ben Lennon won't ask to move to another club, his manager Peter Lenton says.

Lennon was drafted at No. 12 in 2013 but has lined up in just five matches over the past two seasons.

The 22-year-old has suffered his fair share of injuries, including hamstring, concussion and shoulder issues.

Lenton told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Monday Lennon was yet to be informed of his future, with the Tigers' season only having ended with last Saturday's premiership against Adelaide.

"Given that the Tigers played on the weekend and the players haven't yet gone through their exit meetings with the club, Ben still sits in that position where he's uncontracted but he's not putting his hand up in any way, shape or form to leave Richmond," Lenton said.

"He's actually happy there.

"When you look at in the way the season's panned out for the Tigers, they had great consistency with players, they didn't have injuries. It could've been a whole lot different had there been one, two or three that might have found themselves in a spot of bother with injury or form, and all of a sudden Ben gets his opportunity.

"As it's worked out this year, it just hasn't panned in the right way for him, so he's clearly been frustrated given that he's so proficient at VFL level. He clearly wants the opportunity.

"With this one, we'll work out where to from here once he does have that exit interview and we find out a bit more from the footy club."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-02/earlypick-tiger-keen-to-stay-on-at-punt-road

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon wants to stay at Tigerland (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 06:39:11 AM »
What do people think about a year's extension of his contract.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:07:49 AM »
Open to the idea if we can’t get a suitable trade.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:44:20 AM »
What do people think about a year's extension of his contract.

Yep, capable above his head and a lovely kick
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 07:55:17 AM »
Interesting article considering exit interviews were yesterday
Club will start making decisions as of next Monday

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 09:44:06 AM »
not all yesterday. some today and tomorrow

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 12:24:05 PM »
Pretty sure no club will touch him but I would give him a year at the minimum as back up. 
Still young enough to come good.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 01:01:02 PM »
Better learn to tackle then.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »
Happy either way, if he stays, may mature a bit more and come good, if he goes maybe a good pick for him.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

tony_montana

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
Better learn to tackle then.

and run

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 04:06:22 PM »
The problem for Ben is that he is up against blokes like Towny & George, who are both rock hard tackling machines.  Ben has the skills & ability but I'm not sure about his desire to crash packs & hurt the opposition! 
And I absolutely love that about Towny!  Absolute wrecking ball on a mission, but with the kicking skills & nouse to really make it hurt on the scoreboard too. 
On his talent & for team depth I'm happy to keep Ben, but I'd like to see him work on his defensive pressure, chasing & tackling more.     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 07:38:18 PM »
The problem for Ben is that he is up against blokes like Towny & George, who are both rock hard tackling machines.  Ben has the skills & ability but I'm not sure about his desire to crash packs & hurt the opposition! 
And I absolutely love that about Towny!  Absolute wrecking ball on a mission, but with the kicking skills & nouse to really make it hurt on the scoreboard too. 
On his talent & for team depth I'm happy to keep Ben, but I'd like to see him work on his defensive pressure, chasing & tackling more.   

no mate, Lennon is up against Jack R

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »
I am not against a contract extension, but Lennon really hasn't shown us very much to make us think he is going to be an AFL player.

Maric and Yarran are gone,  Miles seems likely, but I think we will be looking to let about 6-7 players go overall (assuming we upgrade a couple of rookies).

I'd rather keep guys who showed something in the VFL. He cops some stick on here, but I reckon a guy like Batch is a keeper. Good depth and shows some on field leadership.

So for mine, Lennon is right in the gun.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 10:08:05 AM »

I'd rather keep guys who showed something in the VFL. He cops some stick on here, but I reckon a guy like Batch is a keeper. Good depth and shows some on field leadership.

Batch also has his supporters on here, he is a fine young man who is a general of the backline

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 11:17:34 AM »
Batch is definitely a keeper.