Author Topic: Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers  (Read 14172 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2017, 12:30:45 AM »
Best Santa 🎅🏼 in Melbourne The Strand Williamstown #GoTiges #MerryChristmas2017 @Richmond_FC

https://twitter.com/1joekirby/status/941977704823275520

Tiger fan, still winning. #gotiges #AUSvsENG

https://twitter.com/andreamaryb/status/941952249395167233

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »
What a year that was!
I still cannot believe we did it and the way we did it.

I haven't posted on here since before the GF as winning was enough. I didn't need to speak about it, all I wanted to do was soak it up after  basically waiting my whole life for that feeling. I got to watch it live with my best 2 Tiger mates  and my heavily pregnant wife which made it even more special.
I don't really think I realised what this meant to me until now. You love your family and that goes without saying but the love and joy that day brought me has even shocked me.
I still cannot watch the GF without getting a small tear in my eye.

The players I have come to dislike over the years, and I think most know who I'm talking about (Ellis, Houli Grigg), will never be thought about again in that way by me. I think half the reason for my dislike of a few was I didn't think their love and passion was as great as mine for our club. But I was wrong and I'm more than happy to admit it.
Houli was fantastic on Grand Final day and I couldn't be happier for him. Regardless of what we think of them or thought of them, they are RFC Premierships players and that's good enough for me.
I only now realise why after winning why I have been part of this forum for so long and that's because of the frustration of the last 30 odd years. But I can safely say that  feeling has been washed clean and completely forgotten.
I know next year it all starts again but I know I'll be watching every game with a big smile on my face.
The RFC have restored my love for footy again and more importantly the love for them. I know I'll probably never feel like i did that day not so long ago but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Tiger people.

🐯time.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2017, 06:43:05 PM »
What a year that was!

I haven't posted on here since before the GF as winning was enough. I didn't need to speak about it, all I wanted to do was soak it up after  basically waiting my whole life for that feeling. I got to watch it live with my best 2 Tiger mates  and my heavily pregnant wife which made it even more special.
I don't really think I realised what this meant to me until now. You love your family and that goes without saying but the love and joy that day brought me has even shocked me.

The players I have come to dislike over the years, and I think most know who I'm talking about (Ellis, Houli Grigg), will never be thought about again in that way by me. I think half the reason for my dislike of a few was I didn't think their love and passion was as great as mine for our club. But I was wrong and I'm more than happy to admit it.
Houli was fantastic on Grand Final day and I couldn't be happier for him. Regardless of what we think of them or thought of them, they are RFC Premierships players and that's good enough for me.
I only now realise why after winning why I have been part of this forum for so long and that's because of the frustration of the last 30 odd years. But I can safely say that  feeling has been washed clean and completely forgotten.
I know next year it all starts again but I know I'll be watching every game with a big smile on my face.
The RFC have restored my love for footy again and more importantly the love for them. I know I'll probably never feel like i did that day not so long ago but I'm looking forward to finding out.

🐯time.

More important is what to call the new little Big Tone.

Jack or Trent work for a boy

and Alex or Dusty work for a girl.

Don't disappoint me.

:lol

:thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2017, 06:50:42 PM »
What a year that was!

🐯time.

Don't disappoint me.

I tried to convince the wife on Dusty but as much as she loved watching the GF with me she wouldn't have any part of it.
We had a little girl and we settled on Lexi Mae and she is a mad tiger already as are her 2 sisters.
Even my Carlton barracking wife is getting a Richmond membership in 2018. She may have seen the light.  :thumbsup

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2017, 10:08:15 PM »
What a year that was!

🐯time.

Don't disappoint me.

I tried to convince the wife on Dusty but as much as she loved watching the GF with me she wouldn't have any part of it.
We had a little girl and we settled on Lexi Mae and she is a mad tiger already as are her 2 sisters.
Even my Carlton barracking wife is getting a Richmond membership in 2018. She may have seen the light.  :thumbsup

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2017, 10:42:45 PM »
Nice to hear from you BT, you have been missed.
Congratulations on the little one, the best moment from the GF for me was the hug I got from my eldest son the following morning.
A happy place where your 2 great loves collide.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2017, 10:52:51 PM »
Nice to hear from you BT, you have been missed.
Congratulations on the little one, the best moment from the GF for me was the hug I got from my eldest son the following morning.
A happy place where your 2 great loves collide.
👍

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2017, 11:09:07 AM »
Love your passion big tone.

We all love our team. We've been frustrated for so long.

It's great to finally get the monkey off our backs.

Looking forwards to your posts in the new year.

:cheers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2018, 01:44:08 AM »
"Any relation of Bachar? #gotiges @Richmond_FC"

https://twitter.com/geoffmatho/status/950930603645460480

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator