Author Topic: Excerpt from YELLOW & BLACK - a season with RFC  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Excerpt from YELLOW & BLACK - a season with RFC
« on: October 05, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-10-05/excerpt-from-yellow-blacka-season-with-richmond

Worth a read. Some enlightening passages about dimma. Especially post loss to melbourne -

"He turned venomous. Don’t let your parents and your girlfriends say you did well, or tried hard, he said. This, he said, was reprehensible. Players jumping out of the way of the man. Dodging the ball itself. “We sit there and pledge allegiance to the thing you wear, and the Melbourne Football Club steamrolls our blokes. Our blokes! No hiding from it… WEAK!” he roared, slamming the white board. “F…G WEAK!”

He said he was sick and tired of it. He told Brandon Ellis he loves him, but he needs to get harder. Bachar Houli the same. Rance was not spared for playing like “an idiot”. Nor Martin, for performing like “a schoolboy”.

What we as supporters felt after most games last year.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Excerpt from YELLOW & BLACK - a season with RFC
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:06:47 AM »
Can't wait to read it.

It seems the players were so programmed to play that sideways backwards crap from previous years it was frustrating for all of us including the coaches anytime players were referring back to it during the year.
I'm glad Dimma was not only able to adopt the better game plan this year but was fanatical in his demand of the players adherence to it.
Will make for excellent reading I'm sure.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:17:24 AM »
Excellent read.  Good to see what Hardwick and Co. actually want and preach over what people actually think lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »
Can't wait to buy that book .
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 04:44:42 PM »
‘Yellow and Black’

On Nov. 1, Konrad Marshall is going to be a household name in Australia, especially among Richmond Tigers fans.

The former Post-Star reporter from Australia, featured in a story this summer when he returned here with his Glens Falls native wife and 4-year-old son, is releasing his book, “Yellow and Black: A Season with Richmond,” detailing Richmond’s almost impossible championship run.

In Australian football terms, it would be along the lines of the New York Giants winning the Super Bowl this year.

Marshall had a book deal last season to travel with the team and document daily life of players and coaches on the team he has revered since he could speak.

But the team had an out: If they stunk, they could pull the plug on the deal.

And they stunk.

But they liked him. And let him in again this year with no out clause.

In a crazy turnaround, things started to click for the team and Marshall was there, with pens, pads and recorders, for the mounting wins.

Then they won it all.

“It’s so nuts, and it hasn’t even really started yet. I’ve got three radio interviews next week. I’ve got book talks lined up at stores throughout the city, and all sorts of other weird Q&A events — a record store, a pub, a Masonic lodge and a corporate law firm. Review copies have been sent out, which makes me nervous, but it’s still all just freakin’ amazing!” he said in a recent message exchange.

“I still pinch myself over the whole thing. In late November, for instance, I’m going to be doing a press conference at the football club with the coach. Which would basically be like you sitting in front of one of the logo-emblazoned media walls, side-by-side with Adam Gase, answering questions together. I can barely fathom it all.”

Sadly, I don’t think my Dolphins will be winning it all this year, though.

http://poststar.com/news/local/p-s-column-this-spud-may-not-be-for-you/article_9f061bfe-d91b-5a26-8773-b5c75077f2b9.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 04:51:46 AM »
Australian Sport twitter @Ausport

The award for best coverage of sport by an individual - print media goes to @KonradMarshall @theage who has delivered exceptional coverage of sport in print media across the nomination period. Here’s a small sample http://bit.ly/2FzGdAx  #ASCMediaAwards

https://twitter.com/Ausport/status/959010960944934913

:clapping

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 10:02:51 AM »
Finished it a few weeks ago. Just amazing!  :bow