Author Topic: Who gets the chop and how many  (Read 5068 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Who gets the chop and how many
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:16:45 AM »
Contracts are now up for the following:-

Maric (retired)
Miles (trade rumour)
Lennon (uncertain if keeping/trading)
Batch
Elton
Hunt
Morris
Townsend (I think - not sure)

I reckon 5 is a round number
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Who gets the chop and how many
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 10:23:51 AM »
Maric (retired)
Lennon (trade/delist)
Hunt
Elton (netball calls)
Morris
Griff  (retired due to repeated heavy blows to bonce)
Conca (retire/trade injury prone?)
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »
Delist
Yarran(ret)
Maric(ret)
Morris
Hunt
Elton

For trade 1 or 2 of
Miles
Lennon
Conca
Lloyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 10:36:01 AM »
Forgot about the Yarran fraud that was perpetrated on us by that scumbag club..

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »
Regarding Morris

Not sure if this has been mentioned

But during his speech at the B&F Craig Macrae said (he called it an exclusive  ;D) that Steve Morris had already signed on to play for the Richmond VFL side in season 2018

I just took it to mean he'd signed on a as a VFL listed player so by that he is either being de-listed or retiring

As for the others I reckon:

Hunt - will retire

Batch - will look elsewhere, if nothing he may stay but would think he could be de-listed. Broad appears to be ahead of him in the selection pecking order

Elton - delist

Townsend - will get a new deal

Lennon - who knows, if they can do a trade think they will, if not he stays as a depth player

Miles - will go somewhere

Lloyd - is contracted but if they can move him on for something reasonable see him being traded
Griff is contracted so he's not going anywhere

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »
If Townsend didn't get a new deal I reckon they would have a riot on their hands

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 06:40:45 PM »
Gut feel Miles will stay. We had no injuries remember.

Lloyd will be decent trade bait. 27 and surely behind Bolton and Stengle as small forwards.
Go Tigers!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 06:55:19 PM »

Lloyd will be decent trade bait. 27 and surely behind Bolton and Stengle as small forwards.

they should throw him some coin
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 06:57:30 PM »

I hope so and of all of Miles, lennon, lloyd and Conca, Miles would be the one I want to keep most

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 07:44:48 PM »
I guess it depends on whether we think we can get value out of this years draft. Given the season we have just had, I assume we are looking to strengthen our squad moving forward.

So I figure we will be focussed on making moves that help us get better without undermining what we have.

The obvious gones are Maric and Yarran.

I think we will delist Elton, but beyond that it becomes a bit of a lottery.

Given our current gameplan, I don't see where Lennon fits unless we can see him (as suggested on here in other threads) transitioning into the midfield. He just doesn't look like the type of forward we need. Too big to be a small, not a KPP, and not hard enough to replace Caddy, Townsend or possibly Drummond. A reasonable trade offer, particularly if it is for a future draft pick (2018) should see us move him on.

Lloyd looks to have too many players in front of him, but he can play, so I don't think the club will do anything here unless we get a good offer.

I think Miles will go via trade. A shame, but I think he will want to go. I think the club would be happy for him to stay, but lack of opportunities will drive his decision.

Drummond stays for mine if his injuries are not showstoppers. I have seen very little of him, but what I have seen means he should be given a chance.

I'd keep Conca unless we get a great offer. He did show some signs early this season, and if he can keep the injuries at bay he will be a handy depth player if nothing else.

Hunt and Morris look to be on shaky ground. Think both are a fair way off playing in the AFL, and I'd probably look to bring in some younger players to fill their spots.

But the two names not yet discussed are Hampson and Menadue.

Hampson is a ruckman and not much more. I'd suggest he will be gone, given that we felt Grigg was a better back-up option in the ruck, and we need Nank's backup to be able to play at least reasonably well as a forward who can cover Jack in a pinch. That ain't Hampson at this stage. Would think we will be seriously looking for another ruckman in either the trade period or draft.

I can see us taking a good offer for Menadue, especially a reasonable pick in the 2018 draft. Just don't really see where he fits our team/gameplan.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 08:02:43 PM »
Hampson is contracted so he isn't going anywhere

Who'd want him?

No one  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 08:26:20 PM »
I guess it depends on whether we think we can get value out of this years draft. Given the season we have just had, I assume we are looking to strengthen our squad moving forward.

So I figure we will be focussed on making moves that help us get better without undermining what we have.

The obvious gones are Maric and Yarran.

I think we will delist Elton, but beyond that it becomes a bit of a lottery.

Given our current gameplan, I don't see where Lennon fits unless we can see him (as suggested on here in other threads) transitioning into the midfield. He just doesn't look like the type of forward we need. Too big to be a small, not a KPP, and not hard enough to replace Caddy, Townsend or possibly Drummond. A reasonable trade offer, particularly if it is for a future draft pick (2018) should see us move him on.

Lloyd looks to have too many players in front of him, but he can play, so I don't think the club will do anything here unless we get a good offer.

I think Miles will go via trade. A shame, but I think he will want to go. I think the club would be happy for him to stay, but lack of opportunities will drive his decision.

Drummond stays for mine if his injuries are not showstoppers. I have seen very little of him, but what I have seen means he should be given a chance.

I'd keep Conca unless we get a great offer. He did show some signs early this season, and if he can keep the injuries at bay he will be a handy depth player if nothing else.

Hunt and Morris look to be on shaky ground. Think both are a fair way off playing in the AFL, and I'd probably look to bring in some younger players to fill their spots.

But the two names not yet discussed are Hampson and Menadue.

Hampson is a ruckman and not much more. I'd suggest he will be gone, given that we felt Grigg was a better back-up option in the ruck, and we need Nank's backup to be able to play at least reasonably well as a forward who can cover Jack in a pinch. That ain't Hampson at this stage. Would think we will be seriously looking for another ruckman in either the trade period or draft.

I can see us taking a good offer for Menadue, especially a reasonable pick in the 2018 draft. Just don't really see where he fits our team/gameplan.

Menadue fits our game plan perfectly and should be looking to play 22+ games for us next year. Magnificent kick and super quick and is getting stronger whilst working hard on the defensive side of his game... keeper

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »
Rioli's injury helps Lloyd I'd think. I reckon Rioli won't play much next year.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »
Scraggers &  Baggers were both into Menadue a few months ago.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 09:29:58 PM »
Rioli's injury helps Lloyd I'd think. I reckon Rioli won't play much next year.

Expected to be running by Christmas I hear?