Author Topic: Nude Premiership Medal Photo  (Read 63097 times)

dwaino

Re: Nude Premiership Medal Photo
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2017, 12:40:42 PM »
Inb4 nothing happens.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2017, 12:41:56 PM »
Hey, she posed for a pic on a smart phone, ISDOW?

That's not the issue here. The issue is not that she posed and agreed for the photo to be taken but that it has been alleged she didn't consent for it to be distributed.

As it stands under the law the photo could and should not have been distributed unless she consented. They are 2 very separate issues. You can't use the excuse that because she allowed the photo to be taken so it's OK for it to end up on the internet. the law says you cannot do that.

You put yourself in that position, you should expect something like this to happen. Wasnt a stkilda players 2 inches shown all over the net. Did he go to the police or did the abc make a big deal about it? NO

Good point. What happened to the person who shared it?

and what about who distributed the nude collingwood photos?

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/3669711/womans-day-publishes-nude-photos-of-collingwood-footballers-dane-swan-and-travis-cloke/

Hmmm ....this chestnut which has been doing the rounds of discussion on twitter BTW

There is one massive difference - the Pies players didn't go to the cops and lodge a complaint

they had the choice to and the chose not to - why? Ask them. But it is the choice they made

If they had of gone to the cops same thing that is happening now would have happened eg investigation and what comes next depending on the outcome

The only reason this medal photo is with the cops is because the woman in the photo made a complaint, that's the only reason

I get people don't want to accept that but it is what it is

The offence is under section 41DA of the Summary Offences Act 1966(Vic) which states as follows:

"(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a) A intentionally distributes an intimate image
of another person (B) to a person other than
B; and
(b) the distribution of the image is contrary to
community standards of acceptable conduct.
Example
A person (A) posts a photograph of another person (B) on a
social media website without B's express or implied consent
and the photograph depicts B engaged in sexual activity.
(2) A person who commits an offence against
subsection (1) is liable to level 7 imprisonment
(2 years maximum).

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to A if—
(a) B is not a person under the age of 18 years;
and
(b) B had expressly or impliedly consented, or
could reasonably be considered to have
expressly or impliedly consented, to—
(i) the distribution of the intimate image;
and
(ii) the manner in which the intimate image
was distributed."

Victorian Parliamentary website.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:11:28 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2017, 02:34:12 PM »
Can I ask what degree of speculation will be tolerated on this thread - that is, I'd like to take things up a notch or two with some inferences.
As per usual, what has been made public in the mainstream media (with links).

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2017, 03:15:27 PM »
Can I ask what degree of speculation will be tolerated on this thread - that is, I'd like to take things up a notch or two with some inferences.
As per usual, what has been made public in the mainstream media (with links).

FFS Dooks, how many times do you have to be told.

:lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »
hmmmmm......well thats that then  >:(
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2017, 05:55:43 PM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column today:

IF ..... the system is going to come down hard on the player who initially distributed the photo ...

THEN ....    the system must also come down hard on those who distributed it. Intrigued as to what the system will do. Respect. Responsibility.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-13/sliding-doors-trade-period

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:17 PM »
#GroupieGate
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2017, 06:34:02 PM »

IF ..... the system is going to come down hard on the player who initially distributed the photo ...

THEN ....    the system must also come down hard on those who distributed it. Intrigued as to what the system will do. Respect. Responsibility.

From Knighters sliding doors column today:

IF.......ambulance chasing, lazy, boring, geeky boy journo's continue to write crap without any supporting evidence or facts

THEN..... their accreditation should be revoked and they should never be allowed to enter an AFL ground again

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2017, 07:14:58 PM »

From Knighters sliding doors column today:

IF.......ambulance chasing, lazy, boring, geeky boy journo's continue to write crap without any supporting evidence or facts

THEN..... their accreditation should be revoked and they should never be allowed to enter an AFL ground again
:clapping

Edit: fixed quoting
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:39:09 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »
How about if he was just supporting her freed nipples for her rights as a woman not to feel ashamed of her body?  I have got nipples, I don't feel ashamed of them and she is making me feel ashamed of them now, I want her to stop shaming my body by making me feel like my nipples are dirty !
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2017, 07:25:15 PM »
How about if he was just supporting her freed nipples for her rights as a woman not to feel ashamed of her body?  I have got nipples, I don't feel ashamed of them and she is making me feel ashamed of them now, I want her to stop shaming my body by making me feel like my nipples are dirty !

i am offended on your behalf.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2017, 08:18:40 PM »
How about if he was just supporting her freed nipples for her rights as a woman not to feel ashamed of her body?  I have got nipples, I don't feel ashamed of them and she is making me feel ashamed of them now, I want her to stop shaming my body by making me feel like my man boobs are dirty and hairy.
Efa

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2017, 08:25:21 PM »
Barrett the leftist fucktard
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2017, 10:40:57 PM »
Tough response needed by Richmond, AFL in nude photo text scandal, writes Mark Robinson

MARK ROBINSON,
Herald Sun
14 October 2017

RICHMOND will unveil its premiership flag at the MCG in Round 1 next year, probably in front of 90,000 fans.

President Peggy O’Neal will be front and square, as will chief executive Brendon Gale and coach Damien Hardwick.

It remains to be seen how many of the premiership 22 will be on the ground.

If players are found guilty in the courts over the distribution of the photograph of a near-naked woman wearing a 2017 premiership medal, there will be punishments.

Richmond knows it. The AFL knows it.

The first player to send the image will almost certainly face criminal charges, and it’s possible players who received the image and passed it on could also be charged.

There’s no reason the AFL integrity unit should not act ­independently and come over the top.

One AFL figure on Thursday suggested four weeks for the main man might be appropriate and the remainder on a sliding scale.

A $5000 fine for conduct unbecoming would be a wholly insufficient punishment and send a shocking message.

The police and courts will do their job, and the Tigers and league will have to act as a matter of principle.

If they don’t, the collective chest-thumping about respect and responsibility towards women would be revealed as nothing but grandstanding.

“We are committed to creating an environment where women can thrive and we are dedicated to promoting attitudes and behaviours that are respectful and supportive of women,” Richmond said in a statement this week.

The story went viral and moved quickly this week, but the footy world moved too slowly.

The woman’s family app­roached Richmond and the AFL in the days after the Grand Final, and then the police.

It took eight days — from when the photo was allegedly first distributed until O’Neal was questioned about it on the ABC on Monday night — for the story to gain real attention.

Were Richmond and the AFL on the slows?

Why did they not act ­sooner?

If members of the public were receiving this picture on the Monday after the Grand Final, surely Richmond and AFL staff were, too.

Some say the woman ­deserves no sympathy, that she was foolish to have allowed the photograph to be taken and ask, “What did she think was going to happen?”.

Incredibly, there is some sympathy for the player — boys being boys and she was up for the photograph in the first place.

People have to get with the program on this one.

In The Australian newspaper, former Western Bulldogs board member and patron of the women’s game Susan Alberti labelled the ­episode “disgusting”.

“It’s important that this isn’t just brushed aside. It’s not ‘ho hum’, it’s no laughing matter,” she said.

Take it as read, no one at Richmond or the AFL is ­laughing now.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/a-tough-response-needed-by-richmond-and-afl-in-picture-scandal-writes-mark-robinson/news-story/0b69faebb0ad8353bc369aba443f745e

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2017, 10:50:41 PM »
That's pretty ironic coming from someone that told the AFL world he got a hardon when Erin Phillips kissed her partner.  Floggo strikes again.

Time this Buffon was sent on holidays by his employees permanently