Author Topic: The mystery of Josh Schache's slide - Brisbane pointing finger at Richmond (Age)  (Read 5453 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Culture !!!! - It was rubbish when so many claimed we had a loosing "Culture" because we had been crap for years and its rubbish to say we have a winning one now we have won a flag.

Its all about what people you have at the club, and the relationships between them all at the time. What went on 20 years ago has little to no effect on how Lambert or Houli play in round 1 next year or how we develop a young forward. People bandy about this word "Culture" yet really cant define it in a way that relates to a football club.

Pet hate

End of rant.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
I never thought of culture as such a long term thing (20 years). I reckon it needs to be evident over a period of two seasons before you can claim it as culture but it can end quicker than it starts

Its all about what people you have at the club, and the relationships between them all at the time.

I think that's pretty much culture in a nut shell...

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
the scene was set off field many years ago, it's just come together on field all of a sudden (with some good fortune thrown in)
Most clubs talk about the importance of getting the off field stuff right first, which we have clearly done.
The value of backing each other came through in the off season with  Dimma. Balme has just reinforced this since coming in

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
HRT just read your post again it makes little sense.

You claim that Hardwick brought this in the off season and Balme reinforced it when he came in.

Balme was at Richmond before Hardwick went over seas.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
HRT just read your post again it makes little sense.

You claim that Hardwick brought this in the off season and Balme reinforced it when he came in.

Balme was at Richmond before Hardwick went over seas.

The reference to Dimma was in relation to the board and Benny keeping him on.
The Benny Gale, Peg and Dimma show started about 7 years ago, Balme has openly stated that he saw his role to ensure that people in their roles had belief that they belonged not just Dimma but I would imagine from the CEO to the bootstudder.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.