Author Topic: Your favourite moments of 2017?  (Read 3630 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Your favourite moments of 2017?
« on: October 21, 2017, 11:06:29 PM »
"Summary of the legendary 2017 season" by Benny Dingli to get the favourite moments juices going  :thumbsup.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5XRypzuazw

What were your favourite moments during the whole 2017 season?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Your favourite moments of 2017?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 11:24:06 PM »
The Qualifying Final (despite the obvious choice) as I realised then that we had a style of play that would that could win us a flag. Before then I was just hopeful but enjoying the ride.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 01:01:49 AM »
For me that Prestia goal in GF that started in the backline us winning the ball and Jack giving it to Lambert and I think Rioli was involved to and Lambert put the after burners on and set it up for Prestia. Crows were just passengers watching us.Great team play and spirit.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 09:50:09 AM »
Dustys performance v Carlton rd 1 was mindblowingly good. Could have kicked 8 that night from the midfield. I knew we were going to be competitive this year off the back of that game.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 10:16:08 AM »
Onfield

Was on holiday in Europe with the family, and logged in to the AFL website to get a score on the game vs Port Adelaide. We were about 3 goals behind in the 3rd qtr, and it wasn't looking good. Figured we had lost, so I put the phone away and went on with the holiday. When I logged in later and saw we had come from no where to win that game, I felt for the first time a feeling of genuine belief that we could really do something this year. And despite the hiccup against the Saints he following week after, that feeling never really left me.

Final siren at the prelim was pretty special too. Felt so damn proud of the team to have made the Grandfinal. Seeing what it meant to the players tugged hard at the heart strings.

Offield

Watching Benny Gale cry in the grandstand near the end of the grandfinal. People talk about this being a flag for the  fans, for the players, for the ex-players, the influence of Balme and Caracella etc. etc. But gee, Benny deserved this. He has done so much work for our club, and to see his raw emotion when we won a flag when no one gave us a hope at the start of the season, that was special. I always liked his bold 3-0-75 plan, and while we didn't make it to that lofty aim, I'll take what we have achieved. Well done Benny

Personal

I don't want this to sound like a gloat, because I know so many deserving members and fans missed out, but the feeling I got when I saw that my credit card had been debited by Ticketek the Sunday after Prelim was like nothing I had ever felt before. I was literally numb with the realisation that I would be going (with my 14 year old son) to the grandfinal.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »

X 2 everything just went right

Was also extremely funny seeing some of the long time trolls on here get shown up

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 09:32:40 PM »
 :snidegrin
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 09:48:07 PM »
The implementation of Balme and then Caracella, leading us to a result dimmer wouldn't have achieved this far into his tenure.
Caracella and Balmey.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 10:13:16 PM »
The implementation of Balme and then Caracella, leading us to a result dimmer wouldn't have achieved this far into his tenure.
Sorry Ox, that was 2016. Keep trying though  :wallywink

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »
After the first 6 games I think we had 5 wins. I knew we could make finals given we didn't slow start again and I thought top 4 was a possibility.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 10:03:53 AM »
You really mean the combination of:

Dimma's man management.
Balme's professionalism and calming effect
Caracella's footy smarts and tactics
Leppitch's great forward line plan
Rutten's excellent backline coaching......

Led us to the ultimate success.

It's never one man that causes either success or failure in a team, it's the sum of the parts! We just found the right combo at the right time.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »
My favorite moment was our last quarter against Melbourne.  That is when I started to believe.
2nd favorite was when we ran out vs Geelong in the final.  Will never forget that noise. 

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »
So many great moments! Dustin Martin was a highlight reel all season. Him rag dolling Hamish Hartlett was great viewing. I also loved that torpedo Vs Carlton that put Caddy in a position to goal.

Running Geelong off their feet in the QF was extremely satisfying also.