Author Topic: Tiger fans want Metro Tunnel railway station named after Dusty Martin (Age)  (Read 771 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger fans want Metro Tunnel station named after Dusty Martin

By Neelima Choahan
The Age
23 October 2017

Victorians may end up with a Dusty Martin station or Jumpin' Jack Riewoldt stop after Tigers fans made last-minute submissions on the names for Melbourne's newest railway stations.

Sunday is the final day to enter the public vote to name the $11 billion Metro Tunnel's five new stops, currently known as Arden, Parkville, CBD North, CBD South and Domain.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/victoria/tiger-fans-want-metro-tunnel-station-named-after-dusty-martin-20171022-gz5okr.html

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Lol ....we got a new pet on the weekend - a cockatiel.  Without hesitation I've named him DUSTY.
Unleash the tornado

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Lol ....we got a new pet on the weekend - a cockatiel.  Without hesitation I've named him DUSTY.

I have a 5 yo cavoodle. I tossed up naming him Tiger or Dusty.

At the time (5 years ago) I thought the dog would outlast Dusty so I named him Tiger.

:lol

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
"Don't Argue Domain Station"?
Or - after leaving Richmond Station your train goes into the new tunnel, the first station is Best & Fairest Station, into MVP Station, then into Brownlow Station, followed by Norm Smith Medal Station & then into Premiership Cup Station ... who else could it all be named after?    :bow   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
The one near Arden street should be called Yekaterinburg Station in honor of the great salt mine
Lots of people name their swords......