Author Topic: Richmond makes $3.06m profit in 2017; Revenue now $65m [RFC final financials]  (Read 5833 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Maybe if people RECIEVED their orders and there was adequate stock they and others would be more likely to purchase items directly from the club instead of elsewhere or not at all.

Then theres the 25-40% mark up on just about everything which deters volume of sales.

Reckon it has and will cost the club big bikkies.

God damn amatuers.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Next year's total will be more relevant. We need to build on this success.

Agreed. Money between Nov 1 - end March will be significantly up on last year. Get off to a good start and 80k in members beckons

Good points

Couple of other things to consider

Swinburne deal: only in place for just over a half a season. 2018 will be a first full year with it and the otber revenues that will come with that deal. We had record sponsorship in 2017, expect that to grow in 2018

Membership: while we had a record membership in 2017 I raise the question did we record membership revenue with that number. My view is unlikely. Why? Because as people on here even admitted they downgraded their membership this year based n what happened in 2016. That impacts on the revenue number. I would expect that to bounce back n huge way as peole upgrade to categories that guarantee GF tickets

Could throw up a few more but just wanted to highlight there's a number of things that impact on the overall result
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Then theres the 25-40% mark up on just about everything which deters volume of sales.

God damn amatuers.

I'm going to cop a lot of flack for this I'm sure but I'll put my hand up and say the club lost 100-200 of my dollars due to this.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

God damn amatuers.

I'm going to cop a lot of flack for this I'm sure but I'll put my hand up and say the club lost 100-200 of my dollars due to this.

You're not alone

Although I've bought all my GF merch via the club (still waiting btw) decided would go elsewhere for my 2018 Puma polo

Picked up a new one yesterday from Rebel

Make no apologies for doing it

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

You're not alone

Although I've bought all my GF merch via the club (still waiting btw) decided would go elsewhere for my 2018 Puma polo

Picked up a new one yesterday from Rebel

Make no apologies for doing it

I ordered the limited edition premiership jumper for myself from the club about a week after the grandfinal. Still waiting for it.

1 month later, I ordered my son the limited edition premiership jumper from Rebel because the club had run out. Got the Rebel one within 48 hours, and I live in regional Western Australia.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
The club that keeps giving.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Same revenue but significantly higher profit most likely due to pokie money
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-records-51-million-profit-for-2017-season-a-15-million-turnaround-on-last-year/news-story/2d3a4d7c7f2d07dfb80d54289b95352e

Looks like the bombers are doing a better job in regards to revenue raising.

I’d personally rather premierships though.

Just started having look at the Full Financial report (more notes explaining things)

Nice little line in the Balance Sheet "Revenue Rec'd in Advance" showing a balance of over $2mil. This in part represents the merch sales not shipped. Bottom line would be significantly better if they had got on top of the little mess they have with all the sales not delivered  :whistle :whistle

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-records-51-million-profit-for-2017-season-a-15-million-turnaround-on-last-year/news-story/2d3a4d7c7f2d07dfb80d54289b95352e

There is a $4million injection into the club from something similar to our TFF. Don't know the full details but expect this is for their proposed expansion of facilities

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

There is a $4million injection into the club from something similar to our TFF. Don't know the full details but expect this is for their proposed expansion of facilities

That's correct

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

*smirk ... $4mil injection ... *nudge nudge ... say no more Squire!   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

*smirk ... $4mil injection ... *nudge nudge ... say no more Squire!   
Yet Garry and Watson on SEN just went on the raw 'profit' number this morning and were going on and on about Essendon being the biggest club in the country  ::)  :chuck

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/20/is-essendon-the-afl's-biggest-club-after-record-profit/