Author Topic: Jay Schulz  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Jay Schulz
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2004, 03:13:35 PM »
With Wallace expressing that he plans to play Ottens at Full Forward and Richo at CHF next year I think Schulz could well be starved of opportunities in the forward line.  This is why I would love to see him as full back as he has the size, speed and aggression to be good in that position.  Also it will give him a great learning experience by playing on the best full forwards in the comp.  IMO Schulz is either a FF or FB.  FB would be a great place to start.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Jay Schulz
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2004, 03:27:36 PM »
This is why I would love to see him as full back as he has the size, speed and aggression to be good in that position.  Also it will give him a great learning experience by playing on the best full forwards in the comp.  IMO Schulz is either a FF or FB.  FB would be a great place to start.

I reckon you've hit the nail on the head Harry with Sarge and his natural aggression at the footy or opponent with the footy. A bit of mongruel (a la in the mould of a Matthew Scarlett) is good to have in a full back. He also wouldn't be just a puncher. Sarge would offer us run off and out of the backline which is something you need in modern footy teams and something we've lacked badly.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd