Author Topic: Noah Balta - 100th game this week [merged]  (Read 148561 times)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #840 on: June 06, 2024, 05:57:09 PM »

I laugh at the fools who talk about development and structure and are so unrealistic about it as they go.

And you wonder why people have a go at you?

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them fools  >:( You cannot resist dishing out a subtle whack, belittling

Your opinion and that's all it is, your opinion. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong but it seems in your world it's your way or the highway

Here's a tip ....

Quit with the uncalled for insults and stick to giving an opinion

What a crock of poo. There are dick heads here who are always dishing out the insults and never a word said. How about applying that tip to everyone.

While im copping it i will give it back.
If you want to ban me so be it, i don't really care but if you do, just for once  apply the same to the others who do nothing but take cheap shots all the time.
:cheers :clapping

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #841 on: June 06, 2024, 10:23:05 PM »
Key defender Balta is built different

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #842 on: June 06, 2024, 10:33:02 PM »
Noah Balta played a key role down back, finishing with 20 disposals, 12 marks, seven intercept possessions, and 523 metres gained.

https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/6001#timeline

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #843 on: June 06, 2024, 11:20:49 PM »
Thoughts Claw?

Would he have been better off playing forward?

Amazing athlete but I don't think he's terribly intelligent footy-wise. I suspect he's better off having a simple job as a defender rather than being a key forward target and needing to take the offensive initiative.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #844 on: June 06, 2024, 11:22:27 PM »
Thoughts Claw?

Of course Andyy
Only a fool would think otherwise

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #845 on: June 06, 2024, 11:25:01 PM »
Thoughts Claw?

Amazing athlete but I don't think he's terribly intelligent footy-wise. I suspect he's better off having a simple job as a defender rather than being a key forward target and needing to take the offensive initiative.

Agreed. I thought he might be ok up forward but after watching his past couple of games - he’s an elite defender. First qtr was incredible.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #846 on: June 07, 2024, 01:22:07 AM »
The clubs best KP defender.
Go Tigers!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #847 on: June 07, 2024, 07:07:16 AM »
Agree. Best position is in the backline. Has a habit of playing well in Adelaide. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #848 on: June 10, 2024, 10:02:54 PM »
In the past three games [since going back into defence], Balta has averaged 16.6 disposals, 9.3 marks, 5.0 rebound-50s, 7.6 intercepts and 458.3 metres gained per match.

He was exceptional in the Tigers’ impressive win against Adelaide at Adelaide Oval last Thursday night with 20 disposals, a game-high 12 marks, seven intercepts, five rebound-50s and 523 metres gained.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1575356/balta-back-with-a-bang

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #849 on: June 10, 2024, 11:15:13 PM »
Experiment failed again.

Stays back where he belongs and excels.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #850 on: June 12, 2024, 08:30:14 PM »
Thoughts Claw?

Of course Andyy
Only a fool would think otherwise

Only a fool would be so focused on what a player can offer to a side that is winning nothing this year to the detriment of trying others.

No one is saying he is not one of the two best options we have playing key defender. It means jack poo this year. the year is shot

Its damn foolish though to just ignore in a season where we literally can try players in any role we like  because already the year is shot, Only a now person would be worried about where we play Balta to the detriment of trying others in his role.

Its nothing but a win win for the rest of  this year given where we are at. We play promising younger blokes in their best roles and we actually play our best remaining key forward, outside of a 32 year old injury prone great who won't be around for too long.

Your problem is you have no vision its all about winning games with old players and not trying something different.
The year is not about where Noah plays best. Nope its all about finding out what others have to offer any fool should recognise that.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #851 on: June 12, 2024, 09:22:53 PM »
I agree with the experiment.
Now that we have seen what he is, get him back there and have him hone those skills to become elite in defence.
We shouldn’t been trying stuff for the sake of it. Where does it end? Playing Baker in the ruck? Lynch at full back, Seth Campbell as an inside mid?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #852 on: June 12, 2024, 09:51:00 PM »
Thoughts Claw?

Fantastic game and showed all the attributes that should make him a great key forward. Its not about would he have been better playing forward, not for the rest of this year at least. I just don't get why that is so hard to grasp for many.

Second last and no matter how many players we get back from injury we are still likely to finish bottom 6. The better players are still a core of aging players who won't be there much longer. We have an open ticket to do what we like for the remainder of the year.
We are like an explorer seeking for new ground  with nothing to lose. Just embrace it.
Playing him forward allows us to try some of the lets face it we have a lot of tall defenders now for the rest of the season. We play Balta in defence and we sure as hell probably won't even try Blight.

Next year is another and if aiming for top 8 then yeah play em all positionally. The rest of this year though is a free hit.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 10:42:06 PM by the claw »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #853 on: June 12, 2024, 10:28:12 PM »
Thoughts Claw?

Fantastic game and showed all the attributes that should make him a great key forward. Its not about would he have been better playing forward, not for the rest of this year at least. I just don't get why that is so hard to grasp for many.

Second last and no matter how many players we get back from injury we are still likely to finish bottom 6. The better players are still a core of aging players who won't be there much longer. We have an open ticket to do what we like for the remainder of the year.
We are like an explorer seeking for new ground  with nothing to lose. Just embrace it.
Playing him forward allows us to try some of the lets face it we a lot of tall defenders now for the rest of the season. We play Balta in defence and we sure as hell probably won't even try Blight.

Next year is another and if aiming for top 8 then yeah play em all positionally. The rest of this year though is a free hit.

I'd love them to try both Blight and Gray but historically most clubs don't play the MSD guys that often in the draft year from what I've seen, or not many games at least.

For us I don't see why not. If they run out of puff they will get fitter quicker playing AFL vs VFL and it's not like this is the D grade ressie Phil Inns, these are high performers from second tier comps.

If you want Balta forward (I don't agree but that's me) with Lynch due to come back then our backline would need to be Miller, Blight (both of whom I think would benefit and develop better with Balta there) and maybe Kosi who apparently goes OK in the backline in the magoos. That's a very inexperienced backline and sure to hand us the wooden spoon...which I'm not against either...

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #854 on: June 12, 2024, 10:48:12 PM »
Thoughts Claw?

Playing him forward allows us to try some of the lets face it we a lot of tall defenders now for the rest of the season. We play Balta in defence and we sure as hell probably won't even try Blight.

I'd love them to try both Blight and Gray but historically most clubs don't play the MSD guys that often in the draft year from what I've seen, or not many games at least.

For us I don't see why not. If they run out of puff they will get fitter quicker playing AFL vs VFL and it's not like this is the D grade ressie Phil Inns, these are high performers from second tier comps.

If you want Balta forward (I don't agree but that's me) with Lynch due to come back then our backline would need to be Miller, Blight (both of whom I think would benefit and develop better with Balta there) and maybe Kosi who apparently goes OK in the backline in the magoos. That's a very inexperienced backline and sure to hand us the wooden spoon...which I'm not against either...

Fair enough Andy. the  point im making is we wont play Blight or try Koschitzke in defense or even Bauer  if Balta and Miller along with Broad play there. Its really not about what we would probably normally do but given our situation take the opportunity given to us thru injuries and ladder position  to look at others

Its half a season and god forbid just about everyone is complaining about our forward half.