Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118340 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2021, 01:21:30 AM »
Who's flying toward a new deal in 2021?

Rhys Knight
theRoar.com.au
10 January 2021

Noah Balta
First of all, stop calling him the next Alex Rance. Let the man be the best Noah Balta that he can be. His work down back in the latter part of the season was a sight to behold. His elite hands, aerobic capacity and closing speed were all laid bare for footy fans, and they lapped it up. Four marks per game in his last eight outings playing against quality forward lines shows Richmond have a found a decade-long spine option. Young and raw, the 21-year-old should be getting two to three years from Punt Road.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/01/09/whos-fighting-for-survival-and-whos-flying-toward-a-new-deal-in-2021/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2021, 04:22:31 PM »
Noah Balta - one of 10 young players set for massive pay rises in 2021 according to the Herald-Sun.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-which-young-players-are-looking-to-get-the-biggest-paydays-in-2021/news-story/96f3ee7afc93cd3e9d7caed87714cab3

-------------------------------------

The young AFL defenders who could make a big leap in 2021

BY SEN
- Andrew Slevison
4 February 2021

Noah Balta (Richmond)

After spending his first season in the reserves, Noah Balta emerged on the scene in 2019.

He showed enough to have Richmond fans excited before elevating himself even further in 2020. The athletic big man forced his way into the Tigers’ premiership-winning defence early last season and subsequently cemented his spot in the side.

The 21-year-old was handed some significant defensive tasks including on Charlie Dixon in the Preliminary Final and Coleman Medallist Tom Hawkins in the Grand Final, keeping both key forwards quiet.

Now a premiership player, Balta possesses all the attributes to take a quantum leap in 2021, primarily as a defender, who has the ability to pinch-hit in the ruck and also play up forward.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/02/04/the-young-afl-defenders-who-could-make-a-big-leap-in-2021/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2021, 02:55:37 PM »
We were kissed on the you know what getting this kid. Rance retires out of the blue  and in steps Balta.

Imo time to try another very quick, athletically gifted player, with a big leap in Nyuon. hope he has added more size in the off season.  At 196cm
and if he gets to around 96kg then i think we would have the two key posts in defense sorted for the next 10 yrs. Imo like Balta Nyuon is very much a KPD With Astbury now in his 30"s if ready it Would be good to get games into both Balta and and Nyuon while mentors like Grimes and Vlastuin are there to guide em.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2021, 09:39:36 AM »
With Balta I agree, might even be better than Rance at the same age. I used to hide under the seat when Rance tried to run the ball past the opposition
Biggy needs to prove if he is good enough for a senior game at this point in time

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »
We were kissed on the you know what getting this kid. Rance retires out of the blue  and in steps Balta.

Imo time to try another very quick, athletically gifted player, with a big leap in Nyuon. hope he has added more size in the off season.  At 196cm
and if he gets to around 96kg then i think we would have the two key posts in defense sorted for the next 10 yrs. Imo like Balta Nyuon is very much a KPD With Astbury now in his 30"s if ready it Would be good to get games into both Balta and and Nyuon while mentors like Grimes and Vlastuin are there to guide em.

Had the same average possessions as Dan Rioli last year. Interesting.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2021, 08:11:44 AM »
From a Bulldogs forum:

... as was Balta who was their second pick (25) after the 2017 flag. That pick went from GWS to Essendon as part of the Devon Smith trade, then to Dogs as part of Stringer deal, then to Lions for Schache, before finally ending up with the Tigers who swapped 15 and 52 for 20 and 25. So we kind of swapped Balta for Schache. My recollection is the Tigers had some interest in Schache but cooled on him and I can only think they decided on Balta.

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?20309-2020-Finals-Footy-the-Prelims-and-Grand-Final-Discussion/page15&p=705733#post705733

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2021, 03:01:59 PM »
From a Bulldogs forum:

... as was Balta who was their second pick (25) after the 2017 flag. That pick went from GWS to Essendon as part of the Devon Smith trade, then to Dogs as part of Stringer deal, then to Lions for Schache, before finally ending up with the Tigers who swapped 15 and 52 for 20 and 25. So we kind of swapped Balta for Schache. My recollection is the Tigers had some interest in Schache but cooled on him and I can only think they decided on Balta.

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?20309-2020-Finals-Footy-the-Prelims-and-Grand-Final-Discussion/page15&p=705733#post705733
Swinging doors moment, we got a great deal😀

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #322 on: March 08, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »
From a Bulldogs forum:

Swinging doors is what happens at the neighbors exciting parties..........I think you meant sliding doors

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #323 on: March 08, 2021, 06:42:17 PM »
From a Bulldogs forum:

Swinging doors is what happens at the neighbors exciting parties..........I think you meant sliding doors
Aaaah...... memories

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2021, 07:48:33 AM »
From a Bulldogs forum:

Bit far fetched to suggest we had decided on anything, but who knows, maybe we had done our homework that well after all!

Schache working out wonderfully for them! Haha

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: March 19, 2021, 07:20:10 AM »
'He was pretty good. Got better as the game progressed. Such a dominant factor in the air. His motto is "simple brilliance". The ball is firmly in Noah's court. How good he wants to be is up to him. How hard he wants to work. He is a prodigious talent. Got some things he still needs to work on in his game. It's how much he wants it. He invests in himself he will be a very hard player to stop.'

- Damien Hardwick post-game talking about Balta.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: March 19, 2021, 03:46:05 PM »
We got a gun in our hands.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #327 on: March 19, 2021, 04:22:51 PM »
“HE’S A SCARY GOOD TALENT”: GARRY LYON’S TAKEAWAYS FROM TIGERS-BLUES OPENER

“Noah Balta’s scary good.

“He’s a scary good talent this kid.

“Harry McKay’s super talented and they had a great battle but every time I watch him, I think ‘Wow’.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/03/18/hes-a-scary-good-talent-lyons-takeaways-from-tigers-blues-opener/

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #328 on: March 19, 2021, 05:46:50 PM »
From a Bulldogs forum:

Nah definately swinging door, we swung it and collected a few stunned mullets right on the snout with a great pick
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #329 on: March 24, 2021, 10:07:23 PM »
How good was this spoil by Noah  :clapping.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd