Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118307 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #435 on: March 15, 2022, 01:42:37 AM »
Garry Lyon, Jonathan Brown and Nick Riewoldt on 'On the Couch' last night discussing Noah Balta's move to the forward line.

Click pic to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGaP1fpvBU0

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #436 on: March 18, 2022, 06:21:07 AM »
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1079896/round-1-balta-has-instant-impact-up-forward-with-two-goals

What did we all think of Balta's game and Dimma using him as a 'swingman'?

Started in defence before being moved forward after half time and kicked 2 goals.

10 disposals (8k, 2h, 4c, 6u, 60% eff.)
5 marks (1 contested)
1 tackle
1 inside 50
3 intercepts
177 metres gained
2 score involvements
2 goals
1 free for
86% time on ground

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #437 on: March 18, 2022, 06:38:02 AM »
Not bad. Dropped a crucial mark at full back.
Dare say he will play fwd now with Jack’s thumb going bad.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: March 18, 2022, 08:27:12 AM »
Play him forward and leave him there.

If any of Tarrant, Grimes or Gibcus get hurt or tired just play Miller or Biggie so we know to delist or keep them.

Balta looks good as a forward. Jack and Lynch don't.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #439 on: March 18, 2022, 09:43:56 AM »
He does what a forward should do and that is lead into space.

Lynch should take note and watch 150 years of the best forwards in history and why he should lead into space.

For some inexplicable reason he just won’t do it and wants the low percentage pack mark option.  :banghead

Mindboggling  :help :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #440 on: March 18, 2022, 09:58:05 AM »
thought he was poor early. Have to play him fwd.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #441 on: March 18, 2022, 11:16:59 AM »
He does what a forward should do and that is lead into space.

Lynch should take note and watch 150 years of the best forwards in history and why he should lead into space.

For some inexplicable reason he just won’t do it and wants the low percentage pack mark option.  :banghead

Mindboggling  :help :banghead

With respect

Lynch did lead into space a lot

In the first half in particular he did and he got ignored so often my head hurt. If he wasn't being ignored then we were in happy handball or kamikazi handball mode

Even saw a few times where Lynch led and Jack bloody followed.....err that's not on Lynch that's on Jack

But just on Balta, happy for him to be the swingman. If the backs are struggling then having him available to switch back is a bonus. Ditto if you flip it and apply it to the forwards
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: March 27, 2022, 09:03:00 PM »
Was great.

Might keep Jack honest IMO.

His athleticism is bloody top shelf. Really breaks away and recovers so well.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #443 on: March 27, 2022, 09:37:59 PM »
Tigers could have key forward Balta'd in

Richmond's determination to play Noah Balta forward this year must have come under serious challenge with both Dylan Grimes and Nick Vlastuin missing from defence for Sunday's clash against the Giants, but Damien Hardwick held his nerve and kept the 22-year-old in the front half. Four goals and a solid win later, the coach will feel he made the right choice, and another strong game from Josh Gibcus in defence suggests Balta may be leaving the backline behind him as Richmond looks for scoring solutions for the future. The Tigers know they're having one last roll of the dice with an ageing list, but to find a key forward for the next decade already in their midst will relieve draft and trade pressure as they look to rebuild. - Howard Kimber

https://www.afl.com.au/news/725934/nine-things-we-learned-young-hawk-is-living-up-to-the-legends

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #444 on: March 28, 2022, 12:06:44 AM »
Balta's leads into space better than Lynch because he's about twice as quick and twice as agile and gets about half the attention....which will start to change fairly soon I'd suggest... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #445 on: March 28, 2022, 12:26:54 AM »
This move will prove to be genius. Compounded by the fact Balta is a very good kick for goal. Can see him being more reliable in front of goal than Lynch.
Go Tigers!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #446 on: March 28, 2022, 11:17:25 AM »
Looks similar to a young Cho at times. Kid is a freak. Honestly reckon he's a 60+ goal a year forward if he were the main man
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #447 on: March 28, 2022, 12:02:51 PM »
Get him to 100 so we can storm the ground!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2022, 11:23:26 PM »
In Riewoldt's absence, powerful 22-year-old Noah Balta booted four goals in an impressive showing up forward.

"He's so multi-talented that we feel like we can play him back, play him forward. We've certainly see him play both those positions and we also feel like he's quite a capable ruckman for us as well," Riewoldt said at Thursday's National Pies launch.

"He's a great asset to have in our football club and clearly he's going to be the future of the forward line, I hope.

"There was no bigger smile in the grandstand than the one on my face watching Noah Balta go out there and ply his trade because I know he can do this sort of thing and the football club's seen it in patches.

"Last week we saw a game where he put everything together for a full four quarters which is very, very exciting."

Source: AAP

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2022, 05:29:21 PM »
Noah Balta leaving Bailey Smith to eat dust after Cotch got the ball off him, that was beautiful to watch.

At just 22 Noah’s ceiling is very very high as the archetypal utility player who will excel in any position.

https://twitter.com/tiger_hype/status/1513281193587867648

:thumbsup