Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118259 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #450 on: April 16, 2022, 08:20:11 PM »
Has to be up there with the biggest fumblers in the team and that’s really saying something in this team. It’s like his brain/hands can’t keep up with how fast his legs are moving. It happens when he’s going after a loose ball but also when he already has possession he often loses control of the ball when he bounces it.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #451 on: April 16, 2022, 08:30:13 PM »
Has to be up there with the biggest fumblers in the team and that’s really saying something in this team. It’s like his brain/hands can’t keep up with how fast his legs are moving. It happens when he’s going after a loose ball but also when he already has possession he often loses control of the ball when he bounces it.
Unfortunately Castagna is his new mentor now that he’s in the forward line.  :help
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #452 on: April 16, 2022, 08:36:26 PM »
Noah didn't fumble last week when he gathered that ball off Cotch's hard work and set up Lynch's goal. Tonight he fumbled every time he went near the footy  :P. Preparation and head not in the game tonight like many of the teammates.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: April 16, 2022, 11:48:11 PM »
Does mercurial things and is generally a good player but he seems to lose it under pressure when there's a loose ball.

Pretty sure that's half the reason he did his ankle too.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #454 on: April 17, 2022, 12:09:51 AM »
If only he was clean...

..just like we used to say about Butler.... :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: April 17, 2022, 12:21:13 AM »
Are you trying to say we are missing Butler because I strongly disagree.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #456 on: April 17, 2022, 12:29:22 AM »
No.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: April 17, 2022, 09:23:35 AM »
Are you trying to say we are missing Butler because I strongly disagree.

Nope

Higgins having a go though

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: April 24, 2022, 10:45:34 PM »
Okay another who needs to at least compete. I know its tough playing KPF fmd i played as one myself but Noah needs to be in front get his opponents on the lead, the bloke isquick and an athlete so ffs use your god given attributes to your advantage. If its not down to him then he needs to make the coaches aware of how best his attributes can be used.

This is in no way a gripe at him playing fwd but ffs hardwick let him play to his best attributes. Oh while im at it what a disgrace ben miller dropped
Balta's logical big kpd replacement.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #459 on: April 24, 2022, 10:50:58 PM »
He’s gone backwards as a forward. Doesn’t lead and drops east marks. Doesn’t use his assets to advantage.

That said our mids can’t get the ball nor can they deliver it properly inside 50 when they do get it.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: April 24, 2022, 10:52:56 PM »
Have been disappointed with balta. Seems to rely to much on his unreal athleticism but showing poor fundamentals. Letting marks slip through his hands, dropping chest marks, fumbling the ball at ground level and maybe the most frustrating misjudging the flight of the ball in the air and running underneath it.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: April 24, 2022, 10:56:06 PM »
A long way to go before he can be regarded as Rance like but if there’s room for hope, Rance wasn’t that well polished at this stage of his career either

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: April 24, 2022, 11:05:17 PM »
Have seen him kick goals thru his arse for fun. Have seen him clunk impossible marks he is quick he is agile but fmd hard work getting those basics right is the key.
I suppose all im saying is let him play and most importantly play to his strtengths. At this point in time the last thing i want to see is us giving him an out and playing him in the the freakin ruck or sending him back to defense. For me and hopefully us its as a key fwd he will make it.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #463 on: April 24, 2022, 11:32:33 PM »
Okay another who needs to at least compete. I know its tough playing KPF fmd i played as one myself but Noah needs to be in front get his opponents on the lead, the bloke isquick and an athlete so ffs use your god given attributes to your advantage. If its not down to him then he needs to make the coaches aware of how best his attributes can be used.

This is in no way a gripe at him playing fwd but ffs hardwick let him play to his best attributes. Oh while im at it what a disgrace ben miller dropped
Balta's logical big kpd replacement.

Now The Claw is comparing himself as a player to Balta
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: April 24, 2022, 11:39:44 PM »
Ball hardly got down there. Not sure he's a concern for me yet.