Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118226 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #495 on: June 21, 2022, 03:00:17 PM »
I reckon needs to get leaner.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #496 on: July 22, 2022, 10:21:34 PM »
:facepalm   :pullhair
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: July 22, 2022, 10:23:46 PM »
Built like Tarzan and literally one of the stupidest footballers around. Can't read the flight of the ball, terrible disposal, and I'm trying not to blow up about that last set shot.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: July 22, 2022, 10:26:04 PM »
When is our coaches going to realise is not a forward stubbornness.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #499 on: July 22, 2022, 10:26:21 PM »
Built like Tarzan and literally one of the stupidest footballers around. Can't read the flight of the ball, terrible disposal, and I'm trying not to blow up about that last set shot.
Harsh and I disagree, don’t pot our players

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #500 on: July 22, 2022, 10:32:55 PM »
The legend of lynch grows stronger Every week. Get Balta back to KPD ASAP. I keep crapping on about this but look at the how geelong nuffed it with Harry Taylor as a Fwd or even Gunston as a defender. Don’t be funny buggers, keep him in the back 50

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #501 on: July 22, 2022, 10:34:59 PM »
Another crap player management example.

Has never played a good game forward. Premiership defender... What are we doing. Send him back for heaven's sake. Play Parker as another forward.
Go Tigers!

Broadsword

« Reply #502 on: July 22, 2022, 10:36:31 PM »
The legend of lynch grows stronger Every week. Get Balta back to KPD ASAP. I keep crapping on about this but look at the how geelong nuffed it with Harry Taylor as a Fwd or even Gunston as a defender. Don’t be funny buggers, keep him in the back 50
Seriously they will ruin him as a defender as well if they're not careful. They will smash his confidence so he thinks he can't do anything at all. I noticed him playing behind a lot--a defender's trait. Get Tarrant, Grimes and Balta back there with Broad, Vlastuin and Rioli and lock that in as an A-grade back six then stuffing move on and fix the very real problems elsewhere on the ground.

stuffing FARRRK!!! It ain't that hard!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #503 on: July 22, 2022, 10:37:29 PM »
He is not a natural forward imho , we were too busy recruiting back flankers and should  have a  at least one back up key forwards , I blame poor recruiting

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #504 on: July 23, 2022, 04:28:05 AM »
Tigers utility Noah Balta had a chance to put the Tigers in front – with any score – with just under two minutes remaining after taking a mark just inside 50.

But Balta took more than his allotted 30 seconds to commence his set-shot approach, with the umpire calling ‘play on’ as the Tiger had taken too long. Consequently, Fremantle players charged at Balta, whose kick was then smothered to force a loose ball.

A stunned Balta fronted up for a post-game interview immediately after the final siren.

Asked if he heard the umpire call ‘play on’ as he prepared for his set-shot, Balta told Channel 7: “I didn’t. I just saw a couple of Freo boys just running at me.

“Unfortunately, what do you do? That’s the game of footy. This is why we love the game. We like to play in close games like this. Unlucky it’s a draw, but who cares?

“I heard Jack Riewoldt told me ‘take your 30’ and then I see these players running at me and I went ‘I guess it’s play on isn’t it’. The game’s over now, there’s nothing you can do about it, no point moaning and we’ll move on to the next week.”

Cotchin said Balta would likely review the moment and “work out exactly what he needs to do in his set-up routine”.

“You’d hope he was aware of the countdown clock,” Cotchin said. “It has been in the game for a little while.

“But I suppose that’s the challenge when you’re so far back as well in your run-up, you probably take a little bit longer to get set and kick away.”

Jonathan Brown said being called to ‘play on’ while lining up for goal can be a confronting experience.

“It is shocking when it happens. You’re not prepared and all of a sudden you’ve got five blokes running at you,” he said.

“As soon as the umpire blows the whistle twice, essentially you have to start moving because they’re saying you’ve reached your 30 seconds.

“There is no excuse for it now because it (the countdown clock) is on the scoreboard … you just have to have the awareness around you.”

Source: Foxsports.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2022, 08:49:45 AM »
Gez ffs we're not playing amateur league how can you let the 30 seconds pass and not kick the ball no excuse whatsoever.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
What do people want them to do. Someone has to play kpf while Lynch is out and Balta IS THE BEST OPTION FOR THE JOB.
Have a look at Fremantle and what they have done with Logue. Hes a damn fine defender but they have put a lot of games into him as a fwd as well just for the circumstances like they had this week.
It is the same for us. The lack of patience from some with this move is mindboggling and its not as if Noah's Replacement down back in Miller is getting beaten either he imo has done just as well as noah when he has played back in recent times.

Its one thing to whinge and moan but what is the solution.

Broadsword

« Reply #507 on: July 23, 2022, 12:38:16 PM »
What do people want them to do. Someone has to play kpf while Lynch is out and Balta IS THE BEST OPTION FOR THE JOB.
Have a look at Fremantle and what they have done with Logue. Hes a damn fine defender but they have put a lot of games into him as a fwd as well just for the circumstances like they had this week.
It is the same for us. The lack of patience from some with this move is mindboggling and its not as if Noah's Replacement down back in Miller is getting beaten either he imo has done just as well as noah when he has played back in recent times.

Why not play Balta down back and swing Miller forward?

Miller can thump it 60 meters too. He might have a bit of beginner's luck. I'm sure he'd appreciate the games at this point, whereas Balta must be wondering why as a premiership CHB he is playing at CHF.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #508 on: July 23, 2022, 12:44:39 PM »

Logue is an OK forward at best for a start. Balta is a defender. The mistake was made list management wise. We got Tarrant desperately when we needed a KPF more importantly. There is a stack of KPF playing state leagues that would have been a fine option and keep developing one of the most impressive young defenders in the comp.

No way were we going to have Lynch and Riewoldt fit all 22 games. It was a bad call pre season and we are stuck but I would put a line through it and try a smaller forwardline.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #509 on: July 23, 2022, 07:30:05 PM »
I would argue that Balta is living to a degree on potential and some good games that happened a fair while ago now as a defender..
Leading up to his injury last year i thought him ordinary and when played as a defender this year apart from the Pies game i think he has been just okay.

Hmm we got Tarrant because we rightly needed a big EXPERIENCED key defender.
Yes we needed to trade and draft  for an experienced key forward and junior one as well. But we didn't and by far Balta is is easily the best remaining option we have.
It has worked out as well imo it has enabled Miller to get games and start to establish himself.

You miss the point Logue is a fine defender but by playing him fwd they have given themselves the option to play him fwd when they cop injuries like they did this week.He may not be top notch as a fwd but he gives them a genuine kpf option when needed.

Someone mentioned Miller why would we just get him playing good footy in a role we have developed him in for years a role it has taken time for him to even establish himself as a capable player and then throw him fwd.

The last time i looked a lot of the attributes that has made Balta a good defender are the same attributes needed to play fwd.People like to ignore the fact Noah did play some damn good footy as a forward as a junior.