Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118243 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #510 on: July 23, 2022, 08:24:14 PM »
Balta is average as a forward and good to very good as backman.
I would only play him forward if we don’t have any option which might be the case at the moment.
My take is that playing him forward is killing his confidence!
I like the development of Ryan and maybe  Biggy to pitch hit if another injury to a tall
I’m not sure why your YELLING at us though, we are all big boys and girls here and it won’t make us change our opinions 😁

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #511 on: July 23, 2022, 08:25:05 PM »
What do people want them to do. Someone has to play kpf while Lynch is out and Balta IS THE BEST OPTION FOR THE JOB.
Have a look at Fremantle and what they have done with Logue. Hes a damn fine defender but they have put a lot of games into him as a fwd as well just for the circumstances like they had this week.
It is the same for us. The lack of patience from some with this move is mindboggling and its not as if Noah's Replacement down back in Miller is getting beaten either he imo has done just as well as noah when he has played back in recent times.

Its one thing to whinge and moan but what is the solution.
Why not play Balta down back and swing Miller forward?

Miller can thump it 60 meters too. He might have a bit of beginner's luck. I'm sure he'd appreciate the games at this point, whereas Balta must be wondering why as a premiership CHB he is playing at CHF.

I agree and have thought the same. Gibcus too

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #512 on: July 24, 2022, 02:44:39 AM »
Another crap player management example.

Has never played a good game forward. Premiership defender... What are we doing. Send him back for heaven's sake. Play Parker as another forward.

Thought he started the year alright as a forward, particularly 4 goals in round 2, but didn’t last long

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #513 on: July 24, 2022, 05:12:11 AM »
Noah Balta's squandered chance to break the deadlock in Friday's Richmond-Fremantle draw was “inexcusable”, according to former GWS coach Leon Cameron.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-2022-nine-reasons-fasttracking-the-encroaching-demise-of-the-tigers-empire/news-story/b3045928fc5e188a581248b62302e79c

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #514 on: July 24, 2022, 04:20:11 PM »
Behind the goal view with shot clock:

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #515 on: July 24, 2022, 04:33:24 PM »
50 metres, umpires cheating again. They Had to be too close to be able to tackle Balta as the umpire blew the whistle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #516 on: July 24, 2022, 04:59:21 PM »
The Umps were correct. The Freo players were outside the 10m protection zone and they took off as soon as the countdown clock hit zero (30 in that clip). They had excellent game awareness. Dopey Balta was still in his own dreamworld and only started to move another 3 seconds later. That's why Frederick got there to smother the ball.

In that clip it takes Balta a whole 25 seconds just to reach his starting point before he turns around to face the goal. What was he thinking? Most likely he wasn't thinking at all and that's the problem. The countdown clock was right in front of him up on the scoreboard. The only reason he could not have seen it is if had forgotten his contact lenses (?).

Our lack of simple game awareness this year is doing my head in. This is basic schoolboy stuff. You don't need to play at AFL level to know you only have 30 seconds to take your shot. It's something you learn when you're a little kid. It's just another example of the unprofessionalism that has killed our season. Good sides do the fundamentals well and consistently. They always have their head in the game. Sadly, we don't!  :thumbsdown
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Broadsword

« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2022, 07:02:54 PM »
At an earlier point in the game (can't remember it) Balta took the mark around 45 out and failed to turn around to see an open Richmond forward alone near the square. He just instinctively started ambling, back to goal, toward the top of his run up. The last play wasn't a one-off with him; it's a fundamental problem with his 'routine'. A bit of energy would solve the whole thing. Just turn around and quickly back up to your mark while looking for options. Simple stuff.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #518 on: July 24, 2022, 07:54:40 PM »
Yeah last two posts spot on.

Watching MacRae work wonders at Collingwood with professional smarts. Miss him and Leppa.
Go Tigers!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2022, 08:47:33 PM »
Yep Balta is a goose and at times I think he's not mentally tough enough.

You can see him losing the mental battle often, getting a bath from a decent defender, spitting the dummy and getting down about it. If Murray could work with anyone I think it should be him.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #520 on: July 24, 2022, 10:06:53 PM »

You can see him losing the mental battle often, getting a bath from a decent defender, spitting the dummy and getting down about it. If Murray could work with anyone I think it should be him.
IIRC, Rance wasn’t so hot early days

Broadsword

« Reply #521 on: July 24, 2022, 11:10:11 PM »
Yeah I remember them moving him back to defense after his experiment in the forward line failed. :P

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #522 on: July 25, 2022, 01:06:13 AM »
Montagna on 'The First Crack' last night reckoned all our players were taking their time lining up for goal in what must have been an acknowledged response to missing so many shots against North the week before. Balta just took way too long.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #523 on: July 25, 2022, 07:20:12 AM »

IIRC, Rance wasn’t so hot early days

I remember his disposal being very suspect. Don't remember him being a goose or being mentally defeated - he was always an extraordinarily competitor. Balta loses a few contests and then gets frustrated, upset and sometimes just gives up.

That said hope you are onto something and he grows out of it.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #524 on: July 31, 2022, 08:38:43 PM »
For whatever reason just does about everything better in defence than in attack. Even things that shouldn’t change no matter where you are on the ground like kicking and marking he just forgets how to do as a forward.

We’ve got lynch and Riewoldt now no reason to play balta forward. Even Cumberland plays more tall than small imo.