Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118263 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #540 on: September 03, 2022, 07:38:08 PM »
I think should he got one of the key forward kids so the pressure wasn’t on Balta to play forward. He has the ability to be a forward but not the attributes and confidence at this stage
Needs to get the dumb brain farts out of his game and wear a little bit of respect for his opponent, the game and all Tiger supporters.

Not a great year by him capped off by not killing the ball in the dying minutes in a final. A poor end to a poor season   :thumbsdown
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: September 03, 2022, 08:14:23 PM »
I think should he got one of the key forward kids so the pressure wasn’t on Balta to play forward. He has the ability to be a forward but not the attributes and confidence at this stage
Needs to get the dumb brain farts out of his game and wear a little bit of respect for his opponent, the game and all Tiger supporters.

Not a great year by him capped off by not killing the ball in the dying minutes in a final. A poor end to a poor season   :thumbsdown

I described him as a dumb footballer after the draw and I stand by that. His performance vs Brisbane was a good example - plenty of opportunities to impact play but often lagging behind his opponent, getting caught off guard etc, then you can see him spitting the dummy and punching the turf and whatnot.

He is supremely athletic but otherwise seems to lack football smarts, doesn't read the ball well at times, let's other players get into his head, mopes around when his confidence is down etc.

He needs a good mentor IMO

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #542 on: September 03, 2022, 08:51:16 PM »

I described him as a dumb footballer after the draw and I stand by that. His performance vs Brisbane was a good example - plenty of opportunities to impact play but often lagging behind his opponent, getting caught off guard etc, then you can see him spitting the dummy and punching the turf and whatnot.

He is supremely athletic but otherwise seems to lack football smarts, doesn't read the ball well at times, let's other players get into his head, mopes around when his confidence is down etc.

He needs a good mentor IMO
I think that’s how Rance would’ve described himself early in his career. Said when Rutten came down and taught him alot about defending and learnt a lot about himself which is why he became such a star of the AFL.

Hopefully Truck comes back to us and he do what he did with Rance and work his magic with Balta.

Hopefully our soft cap space allows it.  :help
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #543 on: September 04, 2022, 04:52:34 AM »
21. Noah Balta

Started the game on Dan McStay. Constantly won the ball back for the Tigers in defence. Finished with six intercepts and went at 100 per cent by foot.

Foxsports rating: 6

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-finals-2022-richmond-tigers-vs-brisbane-lions-second-elimination-final-highlights-stats-best-and-worst-players/news-story/7fc45960b9d79ca09461c1ff3de0ff76

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #544 on: September 05, 2022, 09:25:08 PM »
To me Noah’s biggest weakness is his decision making. I think they’ve mentioned a fair few times that he picked up footy at a late age (i.e. hasn’t been playing since he was a young kid). This to me would explain the brain fades he sometimes has which have probably become more prevalent in the past couple of seasons as we’ve lost experienced players in the backline.

How he didn’t punch that kick into upper levels of the Gabba I’ll never understand. Instead it looked like he thought he was playing volleyball and set the ball up for Daniher to spike home on the goaline.

Freak of an athlete, strong mark (in defence) and a booming kick so absolutely back him to bounce back next season.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: September 06, 2022, 05:08:06 PM »
Same with the lack of awareness in taking the set shot. He needs a bit of hand holding in just getting his brain in the right AFL defender headspace. If we get that right he can be anything

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #546 on: September 06, 2022, 05:10:54 PM »
Alex Rance was like this too. Similar games played to that we were on his back.

Balta is still a kid like Bolton.

Learn.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #547 on: September 06, 2022, 05:25:31 PM »

Learn.

Spot on Torch
Go Tigers!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: September 06, 2022, 08:00:05 PM »
Get Rutten in worked wonders for Rance.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #549 on: September 06, 2022, 08:20:29 PM »

Learn.

I always liked Rance. He went harder at the ball & contest than Balta does.

Otherwise, hopefully your comparison is on the money and Balta continues to grow - not that I ever expect him to become the next Rance of course.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #550 on: October 23, 2022, 03:01:57 PM »

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: October 24, 2022, 01:30:21 PM »
Best footy is ahead of him!!

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #552 on: October 24, 2022, 02:03:11 PM »
Just settle him down back and let him use his strength.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: October 24, 2022, 06:19:01 PM »
That’s an original idea

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #554 on: October 24, 2022, 09:17:46 PM »
Still don't think he has done anything to suggest he is needed or is a must down back.
Whichever way we go i believe one of Balta, Miller and Nyuon has to be played and developed as a key fwd.
Im confident Gibcus will hold down a key defensive post for us next year. Him paired  with Tarrant as key defenders along with Grimes and Broad
really does mean tall backs are not an issue for us but key fwds or the lack there of really is.

We have basically ignored this problem for yrs on end and if we are not going to address it thru any of the drafts or trade then we have to address it from with in.

Then it becomes a simple question who from within is best credentialled to be developed as a key fwd playing in the seniors.
No matter how you look at it Balta is by far and a way the best credentialled player to develop there.
Not only does he have the right attributes but he also has the experience.