Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118255 times)

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #555 on: October 25, 2022, 10:31:32 AM »
Only problem with that line of thinking Claw is this: who is best credentialled to lead our defence and play on the monsters in the future? The answer is also Balta. Gibcus is too young and light to take on the Hawkins/Walker/Daniher/Lobb style forwards. This is likely Tarrant's last season and should start as the 'reserve' key defender behind Gibcus and Balta IMO.

I note that Biggie started to play forward in the last part of the VFL season, so maybe the thinking is to try to develop him there. At 197cm, he's a perfect size. I'd settle Balta down back, try Biggie as a developing forward.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #556 on: March 16, 2023, 10:53:40 PM »
Is so far away from his 2020 form. McKay took 10 marks. I know the vast majority of these were outside of forward 50 so you’re almost ok conceding these but it just seems like he loses way more 1v1s than he used to. Also I still can’t believe curnow got to that lose ball to kick the goal before balta.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #557 on: March 16, 2023, 10:57:23 PM »
Another who escapes criticism because people are HOPING  he can be the next big thing. Very ordinary tonight imo.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #558 on: March 16, 2023, 10:59:30 PM »
Another who escapes criticism because people are HOPING  he can be the next big thing. Very ordinary tonight imo.

Agree. Glad they moved Miller on to McKay late.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: March 16, 2023, 11:02:40 PM »
I mean you commented directly after I criticised him. Also saw several in the match thread say he was similarly very poor.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: March 16, 2023, 11:06:10 PM »
Hasn’t been the same backman since they gave  him a shot up forward , seem to lose a bit of confidence and to me appears  he is worried about making a mistake. Another who should settle down with a few games under his belt and will be better when Tarrant is there as mentor also

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: March 16, 2023, 11:06:30 PM »
While on the topic of key defenders where the hell is our 200cm kpd who is not giving away massive height and size advantages to well McKay DeKoning Grundy AND YOU COULD PROBABLY NAME AT LEAST ONE 200CM PLAYER FROM EVERY CLUB.

How many times will we have to get burnt before it sinks in.

Sheesh i feel for Lynchy why are we so set on JR who gives us little in aerial contests now days. Im so fed up with watching Lynchy have to compete in the air always double teamed as a minimum.

Let Jack roam his footy smarts are what have always made him the player he is ffs free him up as well simply by playing a bloke like Samson Ryan.
Personally i think Hardwick does what he does in a lot of things to simply find a way to get games into his favorites.

Geez we had what 15 -20 more fwd fifty entries than Carlton and we could not come away with a win.Ask yourselves why.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: March 16, 2023, 11:13:15 PM »
I mean you commented directly after I criticised him. Also saw several in the match thread say he was similarly very poor.

What are you on about. I hope that is not aimed at me because  im one probably the only one who has continuesly been  critical of him.

Tiger supporters are so good at overhyping players BEFORE THEY HAVE CONSISTENTLY shown otherwise.

In FACT I STILL THINK HE NEEDS TO BE DEVELOPED AS A FREAKIN FORWARD.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: March 16, 2023, 11:15:10 PM »
You said another who escapes criticism directly after a post criticising him……

And yes yes we get it you want to play 3 permanent key forwards. We gettttttttt ittttttttttttt

Broadsword

« Reply #564 on: March 16, 2023, 11:18:14 PM »
Yes he certainly didn't escape criticism tonight from the multiple posters who criticised him.  :rollin

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: March 16, 2023, 11:26:55 PM »
You said another who escapes criticism directly after a post criticising him……

And yes yes we get it you want to play 3 permanent key forwards. We gettttttttt ittttttttttttt

okay i thought you were big noting yourself which is usually what you do.

And by the way yes we need three tall fwds a simpleton can see it but blokes like you apparently cannot getttttt itttttt

At the mo No Lynch no Richmond that is literally no Richmond with no other option but reluctantly play a tall.
That will be great come round 20 challenging for a flag and we lose big Tom.

By the way if we played Ryan tonight along with Cumberland i think we would have given ourselves a chance to convert all those fwd 50 entries and probably won by three or four goals.

Just imagine t and i know its stupidity freeing up Lynch to  one v one contests yep utter stupidity.

Broadsword

« Reply #566 on: March 16, 2023, 11:35:09 PM »
There's that characteristic tact and diplomacy.

Imagine telling someone they're not complex enough to be a simpleton!   

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #567 on: March 16, 2023, 11:38:13 PM »
Or…..orrrrrrrrr…..just imagine if we just didn’t bomb the ball long almost every time we went forward and didn’t have to rely on contested pack marking to score goals. Like you know, lowering the eyes and finding someone on the lead.

Tell me how many teams play 3 full time tall forwards on top of 2 rucks???? Our opponent today ditched their only recognised ruck and played de koning and Silvagni while McKay and curnow were up forward.

And cool it with the insults chief. Just because people don’t agree with your opinion doesn’t make them simpletons to your apparent genius. If your talking about ‘big noting’ then look no further then comments like that.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: March 16, 2023, 11:47:34 PM »
Or…..orrrrrrrrr…..just imagine if we just didn’t bomb the ball long almost every time we went forward and didn’t have to rely on contested pack marking to score goals. Like you know, lowering the eyes and finding someone on the lead.

Tell me how many teams play 3 full time tall forwards on top of 2 rucks???? Our opponent today ditched their only recognised ruck and played de koning and Silvagni while McKay and curnow were up forward.

And cool it with the insults chief. Just because people don’t agree with your opinion doesn’t make them simpletons to your apparent genius. If your talking about ‘big noting’ then look no further then comments like that.

Hey chief don't complain about insults have a look at your own posts. DISH IT OUT GET IT BACK .

You want a civilised debate fine be civilised.

By the way whos talking about two rucks but three tall fwds go look for yourself. Plenty.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #569 on: March 17, 2023, 12:03:29 AM »
Can you point out where I insulted you or anyone else? Honestly I’d like to see it because I make a concentrated effort not to and if I have to you or anybody else then I genuinely apologise.

Easy to just turn the comment and say speak for yourself but I’ve never been called out on it before whereas I can literally direct you to a few comments above as evidence of your own.

Anyway, which teams play 3 genuinely key forwards of which none act as their backup ruck? From the teams this week, maybe Geelong if you consider Rohan a key forward, similarly port with the likes of Georgiadis, dogs with JUH…..