Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118234 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #585 on: April 01, 2023, 10:57:12 AM »
The only player in the back half who has shown any form this season.

What about Daniel Rioli?

Think he forgot about him

Daniel Rioli is quickly becoming our best player (although wasn’t as good last night)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #586 on: April 01, 2023, 11:41:23 AM »

What about Daniel Rioli?

Daniel Rioli is quickly becoming our best player (although wasn’t as good last night)

His time as a 'surprise package' at HBF might be over and he may need to figure out how to play when being closely attended like Rance did when he basically got tagged.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #587 on: April 01, 2023, 12:12:15 PM »

What about Daniel Rioli?

His time as a 'surprise package' at HBF might be over and he may need to figure out how to play when being closely attended like Rance did when he basically got tagged.

I didn’t forget about Dan. He was fantastic round 1 but has been avg/poor round 2&3. As Andy said, teams are starting to give him some attention which is something he’ll need to work through.

I was moreso referring to our key position defenders though tbh.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #588 on: April 01, 2023, 01:59:39 PM »

I didn’t forget about Dan. He was fantastic round 1 but has been avg/poor round 2&3. As Andy said, teams are starting to give him some attention which is something he’ll need to work through.

Agree Daniel was ordinary last night but was good against Adelaide IMHO

As I said in the match day thread I have major concerns about Grimes, shadow of the player he once was. Hasn't been the same since becoming captain

Think we saw last night what a massive loss Broad is to our structure.

Nick Vlastuin as been average

Noah has been the absolute stand out

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #589 on: April 01, 2023, 05:46:54 PM »

Agree Daniel was ordinary last night but was good against Adelaide IMHO

As I said in the match day thread I have major concerns about Grimes, shadow of the player he once was. Hasn't been the same since becoming captain

Think we saw last night what a massive loss Broad is to our structure.

Nick Vlastuin as been average

Noah has been the absolute stand out

Grimes is an old fella now. His hamstrings have been through the wars and he's lost so much pace and agility. He's not the same player he was and never will be. Still a good defender on his day but I don't think he has a lot of time left
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #590 on: April 01, 2023, 08:48:34 PM »

Grimes is an old fella now. His hamstrings have been through the wars and he's lost so much pace and agility. He's not the same player he was and never will be. Still a good defender on his day but I don't think he has a lot of time left

Noah, by the way, is only 23 years old.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #591 on: April 01, 2023, 10:39:32 PM »

Noah, by the way, is only 23 years old.
Yeah I read that via the ABC champ
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #592 on: April 02, 2023, 02:49:08 AM »
Gibcus is heir apparent for Grimes, Tarrant is the stop gap. With those 2 available our back line looks a lot better

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #593 on: April 02, 2023, 10:23:17 AM »
Gibcus is heir apparent for Grimes, Tarrant is the stop gap. With those 2 available our back line looks a lot better

Yep and Young looking OK IMO.

Balta, Gibcus, Young.

Hopefully Bradtke and Bauer come on OK and our forward line goes alright. If Ryan can cement a spot as forward/ruck we might be OK.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #594 on: April 02, 2023, 12:56:22 PM »

Balta, Gibcus, Young.

Hopefully Bradtke and Bauer come on OK and our forward line goes alright. If Ryan can cement a spot as forward/ruck we might be OK.

I’m not knocking Young as he looks ok but I still think Miller is ahead of him at this stage and I’m not sure why Young is getting senior games ahead of Miller whilst we await for Tarrant to return.
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #595 on: April 02, 2023, 02:25:03 PM »
I'm not knocking Young as he looks ok but I still think Miller is ahead of him at this stage and I’m not sure why Young is getting senior games ahead of Miller whilst we await for Tarrant to return.

Agree, I see upside in Young going forward but again on Friday night it was heart in the mouth time when he was in one on one contests, 2nd guessing himself.

On Friday night especially it would have had more sense to play Miller and extra mid instead of Young and Samson. Miller always offers the necessary chop out of Nank
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #596 on: April 02, 2023, 06:12:08 PM »
Feels like we are obsessing over replacing Jack and getting 2nd ruck alternative to Soldo with Ben Miller and also Biggie being redeployed away from key defensive roles in past 2 years.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #597 on: April 02, 2023, 09:25:45 PM »

Balta, Gibcus, Young.

I’m not knocking Young as he looks ok but I still think Miller is ahead of him at this stage and I’m not sure why Young is getting senior games ahead of Miller whilst we await for Tarrant to return.

Forgot about Miller silly me

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #598 on: April 02, 2023, 09:32:51 PM »
This was one heck of a spoil by Balta  :clapping.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1641732282909360130

Best spoil I have ever seen, fantastic effort

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: April 03, 2023, 01:11:28 AM »
This was one heck of a spoil by Balta  :clapping.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1641732282909360130

Best spoil I have ever seen, fantastic effort

Reminds me a lot of Rance in his day