Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118225 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #600 on: April 03, 2023, 09:59:41 AM »
Gibcus is heir apparent for Grimes, Tarrant is the stop gap. With those 2 available our back line looks a lot better

Yep and Young looking OK IMO.

Balta, Gibcus, Young.

Hopefully Bradtke and Bauer come on OK and our forward line goes alright. If Ryan can cement a spot as forward/ruck we might be OK.

I’m not knocking Young as he looks ok but I still think Miller is ahead of him at this stage and I’m not sure why Young is getting senior games ahead of Miller whilst we await for Tarrant to return.
also agree.

On Balta another good game two in a row needs to stay consistent and keep playing well week in week out.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #601 on: April 06, 2023, 02:08:07 PM »
TIGERS LOOK TO LOCK IN DEFENDER

RICHMOND premiership defender Noah Balta is heading towards an extension to stay at Punt Road.

Balta, who is due to come out of contract this season, is edging to a likely two-year deal that would take him through to the end of his eighth season, when he will reach free agency.

The athletic key back made his debut in 2019 before featuring in Richmond's premiership team the following year, with his competitiveness and marking ability important to the Tigers' back half.

The 23-year-old shapes as an important plank in Richmond's hopes to remain premiership contenders and to form a long-term partnership with young tall defender Josh Gibcus, who was drafted at the end of 2021.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/897015/sun-in-demand-tiger-set-to-re-sign-dog-s-new-deal

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #602 on: April 06, 2023, 07:05:34 PM »
Good news. Should keep him motivated to perform well leading into FA

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #603 on: April 14, 2023, 11:28:54 PM »
This bloke is like weather in Melbourne

You just don’t know what you’re going to get.

He at times does the most stupid things you’d ever see on the footy field.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #604 on: April 15, 2023, 12:10:08 AM »
2 great games this year and 3 stuffing howlers

Will be bog next week. In all seriousness he has played like a complete pansy lately, dogged it multiple times
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #605 on: April 15, 2023, 12:11:24 AM »
Said it a few times, reminds me very much like a young Rance. Had a big argument at the ground about him with another supporter.

He's 23.

Rance was first time All Aus when he was 25/26. There is a mountain for this guy to learn and improve. Any error he makes it can be costly, the baptism of fire for a defender. Yet midfielders can miss targets all night and not look as bad.

Balta is inconsistent but has enormous amount of time to be.a dominant and consistent backman.
Go Tigers!

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2023, 12:13:06 AM »
Remember he is playing a lone hand at the moment, got no support whatsoever

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2023, 12:15:12 AM »
Remember he is playing a lone hand at the moment, got no support whatsoever
and he’s not offered his fellow defender any support for two weeks running

None of them are helping each other, it’s a poo show back there
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2023, 02:13:52 AM »
Fox Footy got stuck into Balta after the game. They showed almost every howler.

- Tapping the ball up in the air in the backline.
- Failing to be desperate to get to a contest (Swans chest mark).
- Heeney goal brainfade. 
- Trailing McDonald when he was the Swans only forward target.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #609 on: April 15, 2023, 11:26:52 AM »
There be more for poor Balta.

50m penalty
2 dropped marks uncontested
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: April 15, 2023, 03:11:23 PM »
Disappointing to say the least. Just cannot string good games together. Lets hope it does not last like it usually does. One or two good games followed by 4 or 5 bad ones the  one or two good ones to save himself repeat.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2023, 08:04:05 PM »
Gunna go as far to say id drop him this week despite the situation we are in. Just not good enough at this stage of his career to dish up such laughable performances.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2023, 09:31:15 PM »
Gunna go as far to say id drop him this week despite the situation we are in. Just not good enough at this stage of his career to dish up such laughable performances.
Rance took a while to come up to standard, I would persevere with Noah, he has some great qualities IMHO

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: April 16, 2023, 09:51:22 PM »
Rance took a while to come up to standard, I would persevere with Noah, he has some great qualities IMHO
Noah is not Rance and imo will never be as good as him.Different players different times different circumstances.

Cmon he is 24 this year. In his 5th season and played what 67 games.He is no longer a kid yet the same problems he has had as a kid keep rearing their ugly head.
Time to say hey mate this cannot keep happening you have to learn from your mistakes you must improve at least  to the point where your not a laughing stock.
At this point in time give me Tarrant a freakin 34 yr old on his last legs and a second season Gibcus every day of the week.
Most of all we they have to stop making excuses for this bloke every time he regresses its just not good enough.
Sorry noah but we cannot accept that im dropping ya. Thats what id do if i was Hardwick. Imo a bit of tough love is required here for the message to sink in.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: April 17, 2023, 12:21:43 AM »
Noah is not Rance and imo will never be as good as him.Different players different times different circumstances.

Cmon he is 24 this year. In his 5th season and played what 67 games.He is no longer a kid yet the same problems he has had as a kid keep rearing their ugly head.
Time to say hey mate this cannot keep happening you have to learn from your mistakes you must improve at least  to the point where your not a laughing stock.
At this point in time give me Tarrant a freakin 34 yr old on his last legs and a second season Gibcus every day of the week.
Most of all we they have to stop making excuses for this bloke every time he regresses its just not good enough.
Sorry noah but we cannot accept that im dropping ya. Thats what id do if i was Hardwick. Imo a bit of tough love is required here for the message to sink in.

Except we are a bit thin for KPDs.

An ageing Grimes, a green Young, then Balta. No Broad, Gibcus, Tarrant etc. Spose you could try Miller there again.