Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118231 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2023, 08:32:46 PM »
I think he is still young enough to build the mental game . That is probably the biggest difference comparing him to Rance though and that is Rance was always a fierce competitor even in his “Rance moments” days

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2023, 08:42:56 PM »
Was embarrassed by a stuffen dud today.  Not good enough

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #662 on: July 30, 2023, 08:48:04 PM »
Had a shocker
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2023, 08:56:23 PM »
His best is the very best in the league but the gap between his best & worst is arguably the biggest for any current player - like a team in the 2nd or 3rd year of a rebuild- and he really should be getting the low footy IQ stuff & downright dumb crap out of his game by now. Starting to wonder if he actually ever will. Perhaps he needs better around him so he's not expected to be the main man down back every week or Rance Mk.II. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: July 30, 2023, 09:13:12 PM »
It's his 5th season and I couldn't agree more than the post above. The gap is too great between his efforts. How can you get toweled  up by a dud? I'd say it was his worst game that I can remember.

Rance was firing from his 4th year and never looked back.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #665 on: July 31, 2023, 07:50:17 AM »
The comparison to Rance seem to be mentioned a lot but I don’t think these players should be compared with each other. Different players altogether.

The biggest difference between the two.
1) Rance was a competitive beast that hated losing and you could always see him hurt when he lost any contest.
Balta doesn’t care even if he just cost us the game (run down tackle vs Freo @ Marvel) and shrugs his shoulders at getting beat by a fringe player.

2) Balta gave up in the game after getting beaten by a fringe player (Petty) in the first half.
Rance was physically distraught when he was getting his pants pulled down at Adelaide oval against Port hack Jackson Trengove. He was so distraught that Captain Trent had to give him a pep talk at half time. Rance turned it around and was instrumental in our win.

I don’t like comparing him to Rance at all. Rance will be remembered as one of the greatest defenders of all time. Coaches had to try to work out defensive strategies to curb his influence.

Balta just isn’t in the same league and we shouldn’t be comparing a Daewoo Lanos to a Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT   There really is no comparison and it’s ridiculous to compare them.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: July 31, 2023, 09:46:35 AM »
The comparison to Rance seem to be mentioned a lot but I don’t think these players should be compared with each other. Different players altogether.

1) Rance was a competitive beast that hated losing and you could always see him hurt when he lost any contest.
Balta doesn’t care even if he just cost us the game (run down tackle vs Freo @ Marvel) and shrugs his shoulders at getting beat by a fringe player.

2) Balta gave up in the game after getting beaten by a fringe player (Petty) in the first half.
Rance was physically distraught when he was getting his pants pulled down at Adelaide oval against Port hack Jackson Trengove. He was so distraught that Captain Trent had to give him a pep talk at half time. Rance turned it around and was instrumental in our win.

I don’t like comparing him to Rance at all. Rance will be remembered as one of the greatest defenders of all time. Coaches had to try to work out defensive strategies to curb his influence.

Balta just isn’t in the same league and we shouldn’t be comparing a Daewoo Lanos to a Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT   There really is no comparison and it’s ridiculous to compare them.

Balta hates losing contests but doesn't seem to have the ability to collect himself and get back on the horse

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #667 on: July 31, 2023, 10:04:17 AM »
Noah is the same age as 2013 Rance .

Remember the day Cloke kicked 7 on Rance . That’s the age Noah is now .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #668 on: July 31, 2023, 10:14:53 AM »

Cant agree on Balta not caring about losing contests. One of the things that stood out from the beginning is his ability to immediately make up for an error.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: July 31, 2023, 11:06:52 AM »
Harsh crowd imo. Yep he had a shocker but that is his worst game in how long. In a way im not surprised he has carried the defense and has not had a lot of help from Grimes or Young. He has a bad one they need to step up.

My complaint has been a  lack of consistency. well he has become consistent  the last 10 12 weeks he has been consistently good.
In that period opponents had good starts against him so yes he has struggled a little bit in one v ones at times but he managed to find a way and rein them in.
This game it seems every time Petty touched the ball he kicked a goal and Noah had no answer. It happen,  they all have bad games that is to be expected its all about getting back on the horse and then get back to the good consistent footy he has been playing.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #670 on: July 31, 2023, 11:16:08 AM »
Harsh crowd imo. Yep he had a shocker but that is his worst game in how long. In a way im not surprised he has carried the defense and has not had a lot of help from Grimes or Young. He has a bad one they need to step up.

My complaint has been a  lack of consistency. well he has become consistent  the last 10 12 weeks he has been consistently good.
In that period opponents had good starts against him so yes he has struggled a little bit in one v ones at times but he managed to find a way and rein them in.
This game it seems every time Petty touched the ball he kicked a goal and Noah had no answer. It happen,  they all have bad games that is to be expected its all about getting back on the horse and then get back to the good consistent footy he has been playing.

You're commenting a lot for a bloke who didnt watch the game.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #671 on: July 31, 2023, 11:23:48 AM »
I would back Balta 100%

He has been fantastic all year and I can guarantee that he abhors being beaten.

He was asked to do a lot against Melbourne. If Gibcus was in the team it would be a lot easier for RFC and Noah.

One bad game and all the fruitcakes want to bag him.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: July 31, 2023, 11:28:08 AM »
I would back Balta 100%

He has been fantastic all year and I can guarantee that he abhors being beaten.

He was asked to do a lot against Melbourne. If Gibcus was in the team it would be a lot easier for RFC and Noah.

One bad game and all the fruitcakes want to bag him.

agree 100%. I've seen the look on his face many times, and he hates being beaten.

i thought the whole backline had a poor game. Where are the comments on hacks like pickett and mansell?? They had a good game did they?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: July 31, 2023, 11:51:17 AM »

Oh wow are you sure butt hurt when it comes to my posting. Just for you IT APPEARS he had a shocker. Don't need to see the game to comment on his previous weeks very good games which was the general nature of the post if you even read it..

The quarter and a half i watched he was mostly playing fwd and the caning he is copping from people here after one poor game in how long which is laughable sort of says he had to have had a bad one. Sometimes with just a it of old fashioned common sense you get a feel for what happened without having to see but that appears to be above you.

No pleasing some around here even when you back a player in. Oh dont worry i will watch a full replay lets see how badly you get twisted up when i start commenting then.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #674 on: July 31, 2023, 12:14:32 PM »

Oh wow are you sure butt hurt when it comes to my posting. Just for you IT APPEARS he had a shocker. Don't need to see the game to comment on his previous weeks very good games which was the general nature of the post if you even read it..

The quarter and a half i watched he was mostly playing fwd and the caning he is copping from people here after one poor game in how long which is laughable sort of says he had to have had a bad one. Sometimes with just a it of old fashioned common sense you get a feel for what happened without having to see but that appears to be above you.

No pleasing some around here even when you back a player in. Oh dont worry i will watch a full replay lets see how badly you get twisted up when i start commenting then.

"butt hurt"... what are you 15 years old?   :lol