Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118368 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #675 on: July 31, 2023, 12:17:10 PM »
not twisted up at all btw.

Just a find it funny that you've posted in every thread after not watching the game.

I know you get excited after Richmond lose but maybe watch the replay first big fella  :lol

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #676 on: July 31, 2023, 12:18:34 PM »
On Balta, he has had a good year overall, but his propensity to lack composure and have brain fades during hot contests is what is holding him back from being an elite player IMO.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #677 on: July 31, 2023, 01:44:41 PM »
Earlier a poster made the comment that he is basically 2013 Rance when he got toweled by Travis Cloke. Good comparison. Even prime Rance got smacked by Harry Taylor first time they met.

It was disappointing to see him get belted so badly but after him being swung forwards and moved around I think just staying back and another year under Rutten would go a long way.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #678 on: July 31, 2023, 01:58:29 PM »
Balta’s a gun. Nothing to see here.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: July 31, 2023, 04:28:32 PM »

Aghh Cmon its plain to see you are. Don't deny it.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #680 on: July 31, 2023, 06:15:28 PM »

Aghh Cmon its plain to see you are. Don't deny it.
I agree, definitely twisted but he is not alone on this site.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #681 on: July 31, 2023, 06:41:21 PM »
What kind of real actual club supporter wouldn't be twisted up by missing out on a chance to go into the 8 with just 4 rounds to go?
Same again this week - win & we could go into the 8, depending on other results. 

Its not ideal but we have done better than plenty have been hoping for. 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #682 on: August 02, 2023, 09:31:58 AM »
Just to clarify to all who may have misunderstood my criticism of Balta and comparison to Rance.

I’m not saying Balta isn’t a competent defender but I don’t think he will be able to tie Rances shoe laces when his career is over.

Balta gave up mid game and then lost the plot and was costing the team with stupidity.
In my opinion giving up mid game is unforgivable and should be considered when selection committee meets. Maybe the coaching staff could’ve made some moves earlier when it was clear he wasn’t interested in contesting mid second quarter when getting his pants pulled down by Petty.

Anyone can have a bad day at the office and Rance got beat plenty of times but i had never seen him quit on his teammates ever.

The reason why I said that Balta doesn’t care is because of what he said when interviewed after the game when he just cost us the game vs Freo by his own stupidity. Meanwhile Cumberland was distraught because he didn’t kick the ball before the siren sounded.

The way I see it is that Balta lacks critical footy smarts and doesn’t hate losing enough from what I see. Some would argue that it’s a good thing he can move on quickly but after his performance on Sunday left me wondering if he has that mental toughness required. Hopefully we don’t see him just give up competing in another game.

IMHO he’s not in the same league as Rance and I don’t think he will even get to that level.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #683 on: August 02, 2023, 10:13:44 AM »
Just to clarify to all who may have misunderstood my criticism of Balta and comparison to Rance.

I’m not saying Balta isn’t a competent defender but I don’t think he will be able to tie Rances shoe laces when his career is over.

Balta gave up mid game and then lost the plot and was costing the team with stupidity.
In my opinion giving up mid game is unforgivable and should be considered when selection committee meets. Maybe the coaching staff could’ve made some moves earlier when it was clear he wasn’t interested in contesting mid second quarter when getting his pants pulled down by Petty.

Anyone can have a bad day at the office and Rance got beat plenty of times but i had never seen him quit on his teammates ever.

The reason why I said that Balta doesn’t care is because of what he said when interviewed after the game when he just cost us the game vs Freo by his own stupidity. Meanwhile Cumberland was distraught because he didn’t kick the ball before the siren sounded.

The way I see it is that Balta lacks critical footy smarts and doesn’t hate losing enough from what I see. Some would argue that it’s a good thing he can move on quickly but after his performance on Sunday left me wondering if he has that mental toughness required. Hopefully we don’t see him just give up competing in another game.

IMHO he’s not in the same league as Rance and I don’t think he will even get to that level.

Maybe he just doesn't have the same mental fortitude or sense of responsibility. Is it a maturity thing?

I think he's a fair chance to iron this out of his game in time

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #684 on: August 02, 2023, 10:18:35 AM »
He has the ability just not the competitive attitude / win at all costs that Rance had.
I remember the day that Rance and Selwood butted heads on the wing of the MCG when they both went for the ball at top speed sums up Rance

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #685 on: August 02, 2023, 05:10:24 PM »
He has the ability just not the competitive attitude / win at all costs that Rance had.
I remember the day that Rance and Selwood butted heads on the wing of the MCG when they both went for the ball at top speed sums up Rance
Rance was a competitive beast. I’ve never seen a defender at Richmond as good as him.

Absolute superstar and he hated getting beaten with a passion. 

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #686 on: August 02, 2023, 05:11:38 PM »
But door knocking was more important to him.. meh

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: August 02, 2023, 08:21:00 PM »
I don’t really get why they are compared. Other than both being FBs for Richmond I don’t really see similar traits or game styles. Balta is more athletic, both faster (although rance was no slouch) and can certainly jump higher. Rance was a natural footballer, had it in his blood. Balta is not. From memory he picked up footy quite late. You can tell by the way he runs and kicks the footy. This probably also contributes to his footy iq where he is more susceptible to make the wrong decision. It’s also not really fair to be comparing him to one the greatest defenders of this generation.

I also don’t agree with the sentiment that he doesn’t care if he gets beaten. I’ve seen him quite frequently get animated when he loses a contest.

Anyway balta is having a great season imo, I think he’ll place quite high in the bnf. Had an awful game with the rest of his defensive buddies, but in Noah’s case this has been the exception and not the rule this season. Backing him to turn it around on Friday.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #688 on: August 03, 2023, 08:00:50 AM »
Idiot Maher on SEN, babbling on about Moore is the best player in the league then next breath saying Noah and Moore league leaders for intercept marks which is a critical stat blah blah Maher blah.

The point is Noah is in the top intercept markers in the league, he sees an opportunity and takes it and is lauded for it in footy land.

One bad game and we drag out the Rance compare’o’meter.

They are 2 different people and players.

Rance quit and walked away, why?, cloud of mystery

Noah is in the here and now.

I love what he brings to the team/backline and his passion.

With the intercept style he is going for it. Good on him, don’t change a thing.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: August 04, 2023, 10:00:58 PM »
Balta having another shocker.

1 contested mark and getting his pants pulled down again

I hope this doesn’t become the norm.

Terrible.