Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118232 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #750 on: February 13, 2024, 09:43:50 PM »
It'll go about as well as when the Filth did the same with Darcy Moore - who was as convincing as a forward as he is a heterosexual... :shh

As funny as that is, I reckon Balta is worth a crack up forward. Great mark and a lovely long kick with a leap that might prove very useful as a chop out ruckman.
Would play him up the field almost as a high HF but I worry about his tank….
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #751 on: February 15, 2024, 06:46:22 PM »
People only need to look at the gaping holes in the list to see why Yze is playing both Balta and Bolton primarily as fwds.

The list overall is lacking in age experience and quality especially forwards.

Bolton because the other small fwds MRJ, Clarke, Coulthard, and Campbell have done so little along with Cumberland who has been extremely hit or miss and god forbid Ralphsmith. MRJ Coulthard Ralphsmith and Cumberland it has to be make or break this year.
Trouble is imo Bolton is badly needed in the midfield as well as forward.

Balta because there is only one quality player in  Lynch and he is coming off a long term injury and is 31. Koschitzke who at 23 and 48 games in, is still struggling to establish himself despite being at Hawthorn who only had one tall fwd.

The only other KPF on the list is skinny 18 yr old Fawcett who will take time and tall fwd Bauer who may not even be developed there.
I say tall fwd because at 192cm he lacks a bit of height to be classified as a kpp and he also lacks size which would enable him to make up for the lack of height.
That in fact is the entire list of FORWARDS that we have,  no wonder he can't wait for Lynch to get back and Balta and Bolton play fwd.

The obvious problem with Balta forward is it only leaves Gibcus still a kid with just 18 games coming off serious injury, Young who is servicable but only really offers a negating solution and Miller who imo is very lucky to even be on the list.
I suppose 32 year old Grimes could play kpd but after his last few seasons he is another i would say should have retired.

In a lot of ways it smacks of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #752 on: February 16, 2024, 02:53:46 PM »
Unless he's absolutely killing it up forward, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in defence once Lynch is back and playing well.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #753 on: February 16, 2024, 05:01:59 PM »
Hoping that holding the fort until Lynch returns is the only reason we're doing it. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #754 on: February 18, 2024, 04:33:51 PM »
Noah Balta (RICHMOND)

Kicked four (sic three) goals in the first half and was too good in the air and too quick at times for Melbourne’s defenders. He shapes as serious threat for opposition defences.

Source: The Age.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: February 18, 2024, 04:53:25 PM »
Will definately play fwd round one as there is no Lynchy, but like some i hope when Lynch returns we play him in defence.
Think round one the three tall defenders will be Young Gibcus and Grimes. I would prefer that to be Young Balta and Gibcus.

After today i think Kosi and Lynch are sufficient in the kpf spots. Im hoping someone like Bauer can be a smokey and play a third tall role for us.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #756 on: February 19, 2024, 09:19:41 AM »
Balta is such a beast and we have the forward and back line stacked up,  maybe he could play the role Richo played on the wing??

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #757 on: February 19, 2024, 11:13:09 AM »
He is very similar to Richo in that he can make the “easy” look incredibly difficult and vice versa .

I think it’s quite exciting having him play as a permanent forward- it’s quite a contrast to having a “banged up “ Jack playing on one leg .
Unleash the tornado

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #758 on: February 19, 2024, 11:49:01 AM »
He is very similar to Richo in that he can make the “easy” look incredibly difficult and vice versa .

I think it’s quite exciting having him play as a permanent forward- it’s quite a contrast to having a “banged up “ Jack playing on one leg .
Will be a very exciting year IMHO

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: February 19, 2024, 02:12:10 PM »
I wonder if he launches a torp, would he be in range from 70m out

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: February 19, 2024, 02:25:51 PM »
I wonder if he launches a torp, would he be in range from 70m out

From the centre square to win the GF after the siren v The Scumbaggers.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #761 on: February 19, 2024, 05:22:30 PM »
Balta is more of a weapon up forward. I like the aggressive thinking.
Bolton is being played where the coaches have stated he should be playing his best footy.
Again, hard to argue against.

The bigger issue is can the defence hold up and will we get 25 games from Gibcus.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #762 on: February 27, 2024, 10:24:31 PM »
 :facepalm

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #763 on: February 27, 2024, 11:05:54 PM »
Balta doing a great impression of a power pole tonight.  In fact a power pole would have got more touches.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #764 on: February 27, 2024, 11:19:35 PM »
Struggled, didn't help with some awful entries into F50.
Go Tigers!