Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118206 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #765 on: February 28, 2024, 05:44:31 AM »
We could have at Buddy there and Richo and they did nothing delivery was garbage.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #766 on: March 07, 2024, 12:45:53 AM »
Former swingman Balta excited to lead Richmond attack

Richmond big man Noah Balta has been handed the keys to the Tigers' attack and is ready to repay new coach Adem Yze's faith in him.

By Anna Harrington
AAP
6 March 2024

There are few people happier with new Richmond coach Adem Yze's decision to swing Noah Balta forward than the man himself.

The 24-year-old's career has largely been spent in defence, with shorter stints in attack and the ruck.

But with Tom Lynch on the comeback trail from injury, Yze has thrown the keys to former swingman Balta.

"It's awesome," Balta said. "I feel like the fans are actually gonna like me now - kick some goals."

The shift forward appears a permanent one for Balta, who has kicked 25 goals in 85 games.

"It was Yze's idea," he said.

"When I was playing in the back line, it's a lot of gut-running and there's a lot of better players that are better than me at that. I'm a bit more of an explosive player.

"So Yze explained that to me and he felt like up forward I get to control how much I run actually instead of chasing somebody else's backside the whole game.

"I'm very excited, I've played forward before. Obviously kicking goals is fun - it's what you want to do as a kid. So just take my opportunity with both hands.

"It's good. He shows faith in me. Obviously he's coached against me a fair bit.

"So he must see something in me that obviously a lot of people do, a lot of fans do, that he's trying to get me to see in myself - that I can be a really good forward."

Balta will initially work alongside former Hawk Jacob Koschitzke but brilliant spearhead Lynch appears on track to return in Richmond's second game against Carlton.

He doesn't expect to swing back when Lynch resumes control of the forward line.

"I'm not the coach but I don't think so," he said.

"This whole pre-season I've been forward and Yze's pretty certain I'm gonna stick there."

Playing under Yze has been a new experience for Balta, who has only played under now-Gold Coast coach Damien Hardwick, then caretaker Andrew McQualter.

And if he kicks a bag in the Opening Round against the Suns?

"I'd be rapt," Balta said.

"Absolutely stoked."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/8545853/former-swingman-balta-excited-to-lead-richmond-attack/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #767 on: March 07, 2024, 10:50:50 PM »
Tigers star keen to forget Damien Hardwick's 'erratic' ways as life under new coach begins

Anna Pavlou
Nine
7 March 2024

Richmond key defender Noah Balta says he is ready to move past former coach Damien Hardwick's "erratic" ways, as new leader Adem Yze begins his dynasty.

Balta has played under just one coach - Hardwick - for is entire 85-game career that began in 2018.

Under Hardwick, Balta was playing as a key defender. 

However, under Yze, the 24-year-old is promising frustrated Tigers fans a new lease on his career.

He'll still be near the goals, but this year he'll be ready to kick some instead.

"I feel like the fans are actually going to like me now, kick some goals," Balta said on Wednesday.

Balta says he has already trained as a forward under Hardwick, before his former coach, who led Richmond to three premierships in four years, made a last minute change ahead of round one last year.

"(I'd) done forward the whole pre-season (last year)... and in round one (2023) I went to the backline the first quarter.

"I found out right before the game (that I was playing in defence)."

Balta put the change down to Hardwick's "erractic" ways.

"Dimma (Hardwick) was a bit more erratic to say the least," he said.

Now, Hardwick is coaching Richmond's opening round opponent, Gold Coast.

The star coach abruptly left Tigerland in May last season, citing a "burnout" as his reason for stepping away.

Just months later, Hardwick took the top job up north with the Suns.

It came as a shock to Richmond players at the time, but, Balta says he and his teammates are finally moving on, looking to new coach Yze for a new direction and confidence boost.

Balta in particular declared that Yze has helped him to believe in his capability once more.

"He must see something in me that obviously a lot of people do, a lot of fans do, that he's trying to get me to see in myself, that I can be a really good forward," Balta said.

"It felt like up forward I get to control how much I run actually so, instead of chasing somebody else's backside the whole day."

As for actually facing Hardwick come Saturday against Gold Coast, Balta says he is more than ready.

"I'd be rapt, absolutely stoked (to beat Hardwick)," he said.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/news-2024-noah-balta-richmond-tigers-new-role-damien-hardwick-adem-yze/d6c12669-0714-424d-a39d-cff7d07fee80

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #768 on: March 08, 2024, 07:16:05 AM »
Sounds like Noah and dimma may have had a strained relationship.

I hope he kicks 6 in the win

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #769 on: March 08, 2024, 08:04:51 AM »
That's refreshing. Not sure how well trained in media Noah is but that seems as honest as one can get
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #770 on: March 08, 2024, 08:27:54 AM »
That's refreshing. Not sure how well trained in media Noah is but that seems as honest as one can get

Gotta agree with that. Don't see the club letting him do any more pressers without training him up a bit, so enjoy the honesty while you can

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #771 on: March 09, 2024, 07:37:11 PM »
So that's at least two matches now where he's been moved into the ruck and changed the course of the game..... :shh

....still not a forward's aersehole though and doubt he ever will be.... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #772 on: March 10, 2024, 11:45:55 AM »
Yeah I said that to the person I was sitting next to that they should move Balta to the ruck.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #773 on: March 10, 2024, 01:11:07 PM »
Sill think he needs to play KPD we are asking too much of Gibcus atm. Young imo is adequate back up in case of injury only.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #774 on: March 10, 2024, 08:54:00 PM »

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #775 on: March 12, 2024, 12:48:59 AM »
Playing him on the wing as Richo did in his final year would be a tricky match up for opposition teams, his best position may be true CHF pinch hitting in ruck and maybe a run on the wing, yes, all in one game if possible.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #776 on: March 12, 2024, 07:12:33 AM »
Playing him on the wing as Richo did in his final year would be a tricky match up for opposition teams, his best position may be true CHF pinch hitting in ruck and maybe a run on the wing, yes, all in one game if possible.

Could prove a real problem to opposition if played on wing.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #777 on: March 12, 2024, 07:40:57 AM »
Does Balta have the tank, work rate, leading patterns, smarts and marking ability of Richo??

No. Is a good athlete though and could play on a wing but what's the stuffing point at this stage?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #778 on: March 12, 2024, 01:34:01 PM »
No objection to the odd cameo elsewhere, that goes for most kpps - but defence & ruck are where he's best utilised.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #779 on: March 12, 2024, 01:51:04 PM »
Doesn't have the aerobic capacity to play wing. I think basically his role will be a Key forward and when poo hits the fan he will get thrown around to get a different look at things.