Author Topic: Rohan Connolly's early top 4 prediction (SEN)  (Read 3048 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Rohan Connolly's early top 4 prediction (SEN)
« on: December 15, 2017, 08:20:47 PM »
In no order, @rohan_connolly has named his early top 4 for the 2018 #AFL season:

Essendon
GWS
Sydney
Adelaide

https://twitter.com/SENAfternoons/status/941500775842299904

:facepalm

Essendon  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Rohan Connolly's early top 4 prediction (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:51:33 PM »
No way Essendon, and think that both Adelaide and GWS might struggle as well.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:21:58 PM »
connolly is a flog lets be honest.

Had a go at me when i suggested that dan richardson was demoted due to Balme's arrival.

will be front and centre heaping praise on the miracle men who overcame all obstacles should they play deep in the finals.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 01:03:37 AM »
Essendon man having some fun. Whatever.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 09:42:55 AM »
In no order, @rohan_connolly has named his early top 4 for the 2018 #AFL season:

Essendon
GWS
Sydney
Adelaide

https://twitter.com/SENAfternoons/status/941500775842299904

:facepalm

Essendon  :lol.

Baaahhhhh……………Hutchy has to sack this flog surely

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 05:03:49 PM »
Good to certain OERites on twitter reminding Rohan who won the flag and why Essendon is crap  :snidegrin.

Here's my 'chat' with Rohan last night:

Quote from: mightytiges
Is that a list of most deluded bitter supporters? Did Rohan miss Essendon's open gameplan get totally exposed and ripped apart under finals pressure.

Quote from: rohan connolly
No, just as this time last year I could easily have said to you, "Did you miss the fact your side just finished 13th". Mate, anyone who reckons anything about any team next year (Gold Coast aside) is certain is talking through their arse.

Come off it, Rohan. That talk is just "If Richmond can do it, anyone can" nonsense. Richmond finished 5th with 15 wins twice in 2013 & 2015. We've been thereabouts for 4 years with one bad year (2016). Essendon hasn't won 15 games or got anywhere near top 4 for the past 15 years.

But that view ignores potential for improvement. Why is it any different from when Richmond went 12th in 2012 to fifth? It's not. Really don't see why people think 8th to 4th is that a big call. It's really not.

You've got the reigning premiers who won all 3 finals by 6-8 goals with plenty of youth coming thru & Geelong with a midfield of Selwood, Danger & now Ablett both going backwards, plus a hangover free Bulldogs and a rising Melbourne with less potential improvement than Essendon.

It's much easier to go from outside the Eight to scraping into the top 8 than it is to rise from the top 8 to top 4. Richmond in 2012 also lost a number of close games. We lost 6 games by 2 goals or less plus had one draw. That wasn't the case for Essendon this year.

Richmond also addressed key structural probs at end of 2016: Nankervis (ruck) & hardnut inside mids Prestia & Caddy. If you think Stringer, Smith & Saad are going to win contested hardballs & solve Essendon's midfield woes then you're living in fairyland. No Jobe either in 2018.

On what basis do you argue they can't win contests? Ever seen Stringer play as mid? Or Smith? And Jobe was a liability towards the end. To be frank, anyone who speaks that categorically about much to do with next season is the one living in fairyland. The clubs get it, they don't

Essendon was bottom 6 or so for contested possies, tackles & inside 50s this year. Doesn't hurt in open H/A games where they can outscore opposition but they get exposed & shutdown against good defensive teams, as well as under finals pressure where those 3 categories are vital.

Anyway, happy to continue this another time, but it's 1.30am, and I'm a bit over the whole thing and having to justify something that really was just a bit of fun. Cheers.

https://twitter.com/mightytiges/status/941593040120004608

For the record, Rohan tweeted today that he has us finishing in his top 8. How generous!  :lol

His latest tweet by the way:

No I'm not [defensive about the Bombers]. They're a chance for top 4, could also miss out on the 8, pure speculation. I don't care if people think team I follow is no good. I'm cautiously optimistic, but so what? What I AM defensive about is being abused simply for having an opinion.
https://twitter.com/rohan_connolly/status/941884455832059905

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 07:30:22 PM »
absolutely torched him mt  :lol  :clapping

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 01:13:21 AM »
 :bow

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 11:44:17 AM »
Opinion laced with facts Wohwin. Facts are, you couldn't do that to validate your opinion
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 02:36:14 PM »
That's  gold
Geez what an Essendon wanker he is

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 04:06:28 PM »
Rohan Connolly was on SEN earlier today for an hour (12pm-1pm) and not a single mention of footy  :whistle. The only subtle comment was right at the end of the show when he said he has had an "interesting couple of days on twitter"  :lol.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »
Rohan Connolly was on SEN earlier today for an hour (12pm-1pm) and not a single mention of footy  :whistle. The only subtle comment was right at the end of the show when he said he has had an "interesting couple of days on twitter"  :lol.

If by interesting he meant "pwned" then yes, very interesting
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 07:47:23 AM »
Funnily enough, I don't mind Connolly when he's not talking about Essendon. It's just that he can't take off the red & black glasses. Combine him with Robbo, Lloyd and all the other Bomber sycophants in the media and you wouldn't know Essendon has been crap for the past 15 years. Aside from the year when the 34 players were suspended, they tip their beloved Bombers to finish high up the ladder this time of the year every year :rollin.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »
The club's chairman Lindsay Tanner said the premiership victories of the Bulldogs and Tigers in the past two years meant Essendon could dream of a swift rise to the top.

"The Western Bulldogs and Richmond are proof that anything is possible if you are prepared to do the work, lift your standards, forge strong alignment and drive even greater accountability across your entire club," Tanner said from the club's annual general meeting on Monday. 

"We must challenge ourselves to find this improvement if we want to achieve our vision of being the most inclusive, successful and respected sporting organisation in Australia.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-18/tigers-dogs-show-anything-is-possible-dons

It must be an Essendon thing  ::). As for that last sentence  :facepalm :biglaugh.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 10:33:21 PM »
Their arrogance is getting even bigger then we could ever imagine. They will not even make finals...
They have a average midfield with unproven and yet to be seasoned juniors. Their captain's form is going backwards and Goddard is nearly done. Laughable top 4 prediction. More likely bottom 4.