Author Topic: Master plan for Punt Road Oval to be revealed in early 2018: Peggy O'Neal (RFC)  (Read 1952 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From the President - richmondfc.com.au

Dear Members and Supporters,

Welcome to the last of my regular columns for 2017. It has been a truly remarkable year for the Richmond Football Club. It’s wonderful to reflect on what we achieved and at the same time look forward to 2018 with great excitement. The players and coaching staff are back on deck and totally focussed on next year, as is the entire Club for that matter.

As always, in this column, I will answer some of your questions.

Will the Club be able to share its master plan vision in the near future?

Our ambition is to share conceptual drawings for the master plan at Punt Road Oval in the first quarter of 2018. Naturally there is much to consider in terms of what the new facility might look like and how it works with our existing facilities – those considerations have been ongoing for some time. Beyond that, we need to engage key stakeholders in our plan and develop a strategy to fund the redevelopment.

If you have any questions you would like me to address in future columns please send them through to president@richmondfc.com.au

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all members and fans a happy and safe holiday season. I look forward to seeing you all at the football in 2018.

Go Tigers

Peggy O’Neal
President

Richmond Football Club

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-12-19/from-the-president

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
Punt Road really needs some alterations. I'd suggest the following additions:

2018 - 12th cup
2019 - 13th cup
2020 - 14th cup
2021 - 15th cup
2022 - 16th cup
2023 ... and so on.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Punt Road really needs some alterations. I'd suggest the following additions:

2018 - 12th cup
2019 - 13th cup
2020 - 14th cup
2021 - 15th cup
2022 - 16th cup
2023 ... and so on.
;D  :clapping :yep
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Will the Club be able to share its master plan vision in the near future?

Our ambition is to share conceptual drawings for the master plan at Punt Road Oval in the first quarter of 2018. Naturally there is much to consider in terms of what the new facility might look like and how it works with our existing facilities – those considerations have been ongoing for some time. Beyond that, we need to engage key stakeholders in our plan and develop a strategy to fund the redevelopment.
I'm guessing if it's to be a new building then it'll be behind the northern goals where the old scoreboard use to exist? There's not much room left elsewhere along the Punt Rd side wing or Brunton Ave goal end.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
They need to find a way to get the national trust to allow them to pull down the Jack Dyer stand and rebuild it.
It's an eye sore and a poor use of space.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
They need to find a way to get the national trust to allow them to pull down the Jack Dyer stand and rebuild it.

It isnt heritage listed

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
What we really need is for the MCC to give us some more land so that we can develop a larger admin and training facility and a reconfiguration of the oval that we can develop viewing capacity to 30-40,000 360 degrees.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

It isnt heritage listed

Great, let's bulldoze it and start again
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Heritage

55. Yarra Park is located in a Heritage Overlay and the Jack Dyer Stand itself has a ‘C’ grading in Council’s Heritage Inventory 2008.

https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/about-council/committees-meetings/meeting-archive/MeetingAgendaItemAttachments/46/823/PC_51_20081111.pdf

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Heritage

55. Yarra Park is located in a Heritage Overlay and the Jack Dyer Stand itself has a ‘C’ grading in Council’s Heritage Inventory 2008.

https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/about-council/committees-meetings/meeting-archive/MeetingAgendaItemAttachments/46/823/PC_51_20081111.pdf

Let's get some dynamite under it and blow it to the shizen

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
LOL the club love telling us they'll share information with us so people think "by golly, isn't this club great" but never actually do so I ain't holding my breath