Author Topic: Richmond's list only the 9th best in the AFL: Champion Data (afl site)  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond's list only the 9th best in the AFL: Champion Data (afl site)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 09:22:49 PM »
He is just trolling like he always has, as bad as WAT

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 11:01:24 PM »
I am fine with the statisticians writing us off already.

Players ranking are relative to the game plan that their team plays.

Example. how much better were our players ranked in 2017 compared to 2016?

The 2016 season has affected the rankings of all our players dragging their level down as it is calculated over a few years.

Well our players have some news for the statisticians the year is 2018 and our players are not playing in 2016 so your prognostications are flawed.

The media elite hate it when they are proven wrong so I hope our boys give them a major dose of indigestion this year.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 01:07:25 AM »
LMFAO.
He is average in every single category you can name. The only part of his game you could call elite is his hands in tight.

As a mid he doesnt get enough ball, has few clearances, but does get a bit of c/b for himself and he continues to shirk real contact.
As a fwd he does not kick goals and lays few tackles and as a mid/fwd  he has few i/50's.

anyway as i said might see yas around.

:lol

You know what's really funny? You're already back after saying you won't be posting here anymore & like that the rest of your post is complete BS.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 01:30:25 AM »
Our list is still quite young for a premiership team. Our Grand Final team had 7 players with less than 50 games experience plus another two with just over 50. That would knock us down in the Champion Data rankings.

If you listen to the alternative radio coverages of the Grand Final, Malthouse makes the point during the game about Graham now seeming to be a surprise packet by kicking 3 goals and not being rated now because he's so young but that in a decade's time he may turn out to be a champion of the game.

While on Champion Data and their focus on certain stats, one thing they clearly don't differentiate is finals performances vs the average H/A game. Based on the old way of judging a player by how they perform in finals then Cotch is elite. The more you watch those games the more you notice him smashing into contests and onto loose 50/50 balls. He might not win the footy himself doing this but his actions would result in possession for a teammate and the team. It's that selflessness across the team that won us the flag but it doesn't show up in individual stats.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 08:20:56 AM »

Just popped in and saw this article.
so its based on position age and performance over the duration.

These rankings are based on fantasy pigs, the Tom Mitchells, the Sam Dochertys who rack up huge numbers of possessions.

Apart from Dusty, we hardly had any guys racking up huge possessions, it was quality, not quantity.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 09:17:00 AM »
We tore those bastards up like fresh croissants in those finals when it counted.  We positioned ourselves perfectly for the tilt during the year, didn't show all the cards but played solid.  These clowns can speculate, read tea leaves, roll rune bones, and talk poo all they want.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 08:22:55 AM »
Now that we are awesome and doing great, it's just another knob who wants us to finish 9th again.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 01:09:02 PM »

We aren’t as good because we don’t have this guy anymore.

:rollin
The club that keeps giving.