Author Topic: Dustin Martin on whether he will join Home And Away (Daily Mail)  (Read 653 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin on whether he will join Home And Away

By Kristy Johnson and Emily Pidgeon
Daily Mail Australia
Published: 17:15 AEDT, 24 January 2018

He's the AFL star that recently stripped down to his briefs for a campaign with Bonds.

And in an interview with Yahoo7 Be on Wednesday, Dustin Martin admitted that he enjoyed being in front of the camera and is open to a career in acting.

Quizzed as to whether he has his sights set on joining the Home And Away cast, the 26-year-old joked: 'I don't know if they would want me. But who knows!'

Open to a career in acting, Dustin told the publication: 'Yes! Why not?'

However the muscular hunk admitted that it might take a while before he becomes a household name on television.

Referring to potentially joining the cast of Home And Away, Dustin said: 'I don't know if they would want me. But who knows!'

Acting ambitions? Referring to potentially joining the cast of Home And Away, Dustin said: 'I don't know if they would want me. But who knows!'

The tattooed sports star went on to add that for the moment he's content on staying on the footy field.

'[I hope to] continue to play good footy for the team and win games. I'm very grateful to play with a great bunch of blokes so we just want to keep improving,' the Richmond Tigers forward went on to say. 

Recently debuting as the new face of Australian lifestyle brand Bonds, a campaign sees Dustin trading his yellow and black jersey for a pair of navy briefs. 

The short clip begins with the athlete laying on a couch and playing with a dog, before the pooch suddenly runs out the door, leading him on an almighty chase through the streets of Melbourne.     

Dustin swiftly dodges garbage bins, truck drivers and fences before jumping on a tram in a bid not to lose the pup.

The fitness enthusiast who won the AFL premiership last year, soon finds the cute dog in the arms of a woman in a trendy Melbourne suburb.   

Ambitions: The tattooed sports star went on to add that for the moment he's content on staying on the footy field: '[I hope to] continue to play good footy for the team and win games. I'm very grateful to play with a great bunch of blokes so we just want to keep improving'

In past years, Dustin embarked on a round-the-world trip with former Collingwood star Dane Swan, celebrating the end of the football seasons.

The pair were seen partying at lavish venues in Las Vegas and soaking up the sun poolside.

Dustin's successful career hasn't come without controversy where he made headlines in 2012 for being suspended by Richmond Tigers when he missed a compulsory training session after taking sleeping pills.

The premiership player's father, Shane, also made headlines in 2016 after he was deported to New Zealand because of his criminal record and alleged bikie gang connections.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5305711/Dustin-Martin-join-Home-Away.html

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Dustin Martin on whether he will join Home And Away (Daily Mail)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:29:13 PM »
Just stuff off

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 07:33:50 PM »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 09:46:30 PM »
I just checked the calendar to see if it was April 1st.
Unleash the tornado