Author Topic: Yarra council to vote on Richmond Tigers mural (H-Sun)  (Read 507 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yarra council to vote on Richmond Tigers mural (H-Sun)
« on: February 04, 2018, 03:44:34 AM »
Yarra council to vote on Richmond Tigers mural

INNER-city ratepayers are set to fund a mural and banners celebrating Richmond's premiership win. City of Yarra councillors will vote on Tuesday whether to upgrade a Swan St mural for $4000 and spend almost $10,000 on banners to hang at Richmond Town Hall. If approved, artist Nick Howson will ...

Paywall: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/yarra-council-to-vote-on-richmond-tigers-mural/news-story/6793dd83dce594e45ef0aa88e69f4262

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Yarra council to vote on Richmond Tigers mural (H-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 09:25:03 AM »
If I remember rightly the artist originally painted the mural at his own expense and the council considered painting over it. This is also the council that banned employees from uttering the words "Australia Day".

Don't get me wrong, I like the murals under the Swan street bridge, but FFS can these muppets just concentrate on the doing stuff like fixing the crappy roads around Richmond, collecting the garbage and cleaning up the graffiti. Symptomatic of local government in Victoria.

Ahhh that's better - Rant Over!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Yarra council to vote on Richmond Tigers mural (H-Sun)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 03:59:55 PM »
If I remember rightly the artist originally painted the mural at his own expense and the council considered painting over it. This is also the council that banned employees from uttering the words "Australia Day".

Don't get me wrong, I like the murals under the Swan street bridge, but FFS can these muppets just concentrate on the doing stuff like fixing the pooty roads around Richmond, collecting the garbage and cleaning up the graffiti. Symptomatic of local government in Victoria.

Ahhh that's better - Rant Over!

:clapping :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)