Author Topic: Our theme song has been tweaked  (Read 9147 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Our theme song has been tweaked
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »
Just listened to the zero hanger link, I can't tell the difference what's all the fuss 8 :huh

Agree, difference to me is very negligible but looks like we're very much in the minority on this one. Oh well nothing a playing after the final siren on grand final day wont fix  :lol

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2018, 08:07:00 PM »

Did anyone really expect any different from a bunch of PR wankers who never leave the corporate suites?

Just really disappointed with our Club

First it's unnecessary watermarks one our guernseys now this. Just seems the club thinks that because we won the flag they can tinker with so many traditions and no one will bat an eyelid

The Club approached the AFL about getting ours redone because of one word being wrong

And now  the AFL are using that as part of the justification for this whole debacle

45 years the Fable Singers version have been around. Everyone has known that 1 word was wrong in ours and we've lived with it. Now suddenly it has to be changed. Fine change it but it didnt need to be re-recorded.

Interestingly, 20 years ago when the Swans wanted the word South changed to Swans, song wasn't re-recorded they just changed the one word.  Proves it can be done

Why haven't we done that

Think its a little much to imply the club has taken advantage of winning the premiership to change the guernsey by adding watermarks considering the numerous times the guernsey has been changed in the past without being premiers. I've just bought the new guernsey and if it were up to me they wouldn't be there but in saying that the watermarks are barely noticeable, they definitely wont show up on tv. Just remember if your ever looking at the guernsey and feeling annoyed by the watermarks, just cast your eye to the top left corner to see the gold logo with AFL Premiers 2017 printed on it  :thumbsup 

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 02:12:26 AM »
Just listened to the zero hanger link, I can't tell the difference what's all the fuss 8 :huh

Agree, difference to me is very negligible but looks like we're very much in the minority on this one. Oh well nothing a playing after the final siren on grand final day wont fix  :lol

it doesn't sound horrible to me either.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 07:04:45 AM »

Think its a little much to imply the club has taken advantage of winning the premiership to change the guernsey by adding watermarks considering the numerous times the guernsey has been changed in the past without being premiers. I've just bought the new guernsey and if it were up to me they wouldn't be there but in saying that the watermarks are barely noticeable, they definitely wont show up on tv. Just remember if your ever looking at the guernsey and feeling annoyed by the watermarks, just cast your eye to the top left corner to see the gold logo with AFL Premiers 2017 printed on it  :thumbsup

Few other things they've pushed through on the back of the flag (the AGM Constitutional changes say Hi)

And we wont even talk about the numerous "cash grabs" they've cooked up on the back of the flag but failed miserably to deliver (GF merch). Actually just on GF merch a friend of mine who order a Guernsey on the SUnday morning after the GF finally received it last week - 5+ months after the event  :clapping

Being "Old" this Premiership means more than you know but it doesn't mean the club is immune to being criticised when they ignore their members & fans and make poor decisions

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2018, 11:54:20 AM »
a few people not happy with the number of signed premiership guernseys going up for sale either. not surprised considering the first
lot were supposed to be limited edition. by the time we finish theres gonna be like 10,000 limited edition guernseys in circulation. and theyre not cheap either from what I can see.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »
Seriously- who cares . Talk about first world problems.

We played in the Grand final in jerseys reminiscent of the WA state of origin jumper .

Seemed to work out well for everyone. Change is sometimes ok .
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2018, 08:58:23 PM »
Essendon have announced they will be sticking with the original recording of their club theme song this season.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/essendon-bombers-will-not-use-new-recording-of-club-theme-song?station=melbourne

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2018, 09:15:59 PM »

Pretty much says it all for me. Incredulous decision by the club.

Edit: reduced size of image.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:30:24 AM by one-eyed »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 06:57:45 AM »
From the "Break the Fall" Doco

Dimma: "“We know what’s made us a great football club this year, and it’s the ability to work for each other, it’s embracing the imperfection of who we are."

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=27489.msg623530#msg623530

It appears we only "embrace the imperfection" when it suits

Clearly after 45+ years it doesn't apply to our song :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2018, 03:17:42 PM »
I've been trying to work out specifically what grates me about the new version.

1. It sounds as though they have dubbed a strong snare drum beat onto the intro.

2. The vocals are too 'flowy' especially at end of the sentences. It lacks the bite and strength of the original vocals. WP's description of a barber quartet is spot on. 

3. The instrumental middle part is too flat.

I'm all for moderning and bringing things into the 21st century via digitalisation but in this case they've done a horrible job.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2018, 01:23:40 AM »
For those at the game last night, what were your thoughts of the new version when played at the ground?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2018, 06:56:18 AM »
For those at the game last night, what were your thoughts of the new version when played at the ground?

It was oh so swell  :dancing

Nah

Terrific, just terrific (TM)

dwaino

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2018, 07:24:07 AM »
To be honest I forgot about this and didn’t actually notice a difference at the start or end of the game with the song. Maybe different if you’re listening out for it though.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2018, 07:25:02 AM »
It was drowned out by the crowd singing it where I was sitting!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.