Author Topic: Princes Park memories?  (Read 391 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Princes Park memories?
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »
One that stands out is the 1997 round 22 comeback win over the Blues which knocked them out of the finals  ;D.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-03-06/tigers-thriller-last-game-at-princes-park

Top 10 according to the RFC website: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-03-06/top-10-tiger-princes-park-memories

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Princes Park memories?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
I was at number 10 with my Blues barracking older brother and my word did he cop it after that one.....

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »
Hated the ground back then and nothing has changed. I remember playing a home game there in the 90's against the Eagles which we won by 11 goals and I still hated it
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 07:05:03 PM »
I remember number 6 listening on the radio here in WA.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 07:55:33 PM »
They had coterie boxes in the background to the right of that pic, we were giving it to em.
Chairs came out the windows lmfao the ol days.....

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »
poo heap of a ground, idiot supporters, poo club...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 09:30:28 PM »
Tanks for the memories....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 11:36:58 PM »
In the (very) old days [before my time], you use to be able to catch the train to what was then the North Carlton station on the now defunct inner circle line. I remember hearing the funny story of Jack Dyer on gameday catching the wrong train from West Richmond and ending up in Reservoir before he realised. He only made it all the way back to Princes Park just as the game was starting lol.

As for my memories, it was always a ground that was a pain to get to and out of and we use regularly to lose at  :P. I reckon I could count the wins on one hand  :P.

One positive memory was watching Cotch in the U18s playing for Vic Metro against SA. Knew that day we had to grab him at pick 2 in the 2007 draft as he was clearly going to become the star he is now = Richmond's future premiership captain :bow.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd