Author Topic: AFL players tip Richmond to tumble in 2018 (afl site)  (Read 638 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL players tip Richmond to tumble in 2018 (afl site)
« on: March 11, 2018, 02:29:03 AM »
Tiger tumble? Players tip the teams set to fall in 2018

The Tigers shouldn't expect more silverware this season, players say

Ben Guthrie
afl.com.au
Mar 10, 2018

CAN RICHMOND win back-to-back premierships?

Absolutely not, according to a survey as part of the AFL Players' top 50 poll.

In fact, 34 per cent of AFL players have tipped the Tigers to plummet down the ladder in 2018 following their breakthrough flag win last year.

Richmond rose from 13 on the ladder at the end of 2016 to claim its first premiership since 1980.

History shows that is remarkably tough to repeat the following year. Hawthorn, on the back of its three-peat from 2013-2015, was the last team to achieve that goal.

Last year's other Grand Finalist – Adelaide – have also been projected to tumble down the ladder.

That comes even after the Crows acquired former Blue and star midfielder Bryce Gibbs in the off-season.

West Coast is the other club set to fall, according to the players.

Following the retirements of the experienced Sam Mitchell, Matt Priddis and Drew Petrie at the end of last season, the Eagles appear to have hit the reset button under coach Adam Simpson.

Which club will take the biggest tumble down the ladder in 2018?
Team    Votes
RICH    34 per cent
ADEL    23 per cent
WCE       12 per cent

After the Western Bulldogs' (2016) and Tigers' (2017) flag successes, this year's premiership race shapes as wide open.

That certainly appears to be the view of the players, with the three teams tipped to fall all making finals in 2017.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-10/tiger-tumble-players-tip-the-teams-set-to-fall-in-2018

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AFL players tip Richmond to tumble in 2018 (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »
So 2 in 3 players expect Richmond to remain a force .
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 04:59:43 PM »
By the way, here's who the players think will rise.

Which club will make the most improvement in 2018?

Team    Votes
BL    16 per cent
ESS    12 per cent
PORT    11 per cent
CARL    9 per cent
GCFC    9 per cent
MELB    9 per cent

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-11/players-name-the-teams-set-to-rise-in-2018

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 05:16:11 PM »
So 2 in 3 players expect Richmond to remain a force .
:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 07:29:19 PM »
I'd back the Lions in to be the big improvers this year. Their list is coming along very nicely.

I feel for Leppa on this one. He did a lot of hard yards up there, and that turnip Fagan looks like he will get the benefit. But I have my doubts about whther he is the right man for the job in terms of getting them a flag.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 10:07:40 PM »
it'd a fair call we could drop 4 or 5 spots and everyone would say we dropped but we just had a harder draw and played normally with an injury or two. I think and probably 34 percent of players think we had a really lucky year and we probably won't be that lucky again.

Still I like our drafting of late, if some of the kids come on we could be a power for 2 or 3 years while Cotch and Dusty are still around.

My guess is Port will do well this year and the weagles will drop due to turn over of players.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 10:15:06 PM »
I'd back the Lions in to be the big improvers this year. Their list is coming along very nicely.

I feel for Leppa on this one. He did a lot of hard yards up there, and that turnip Fagan looks like he will get the benefit. But I have my doubts about whther he is the right man for the job in terms of getting them a flag.

Leppas a good coach but he couldn't do the man management required of a senior coach. Shoving that dick head of a 2s player against the wall wasn't a good look even if he was a total dick.