Author Topic: Deledio wishes he had congratulated his former Tiger teammates sooner (H-Sun)  (Read 725 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio says he wishes he had congratulated his former Richmond teammates sooner after the Grand Final

SAM LANDSBERGER,
Herald Sun
March 17, 2018

BRETT Deledio on Friday night revealed he regretted the time it took to congratulate his former Richmond teammates on winning last year’s premiership.

Deledio — who crossed to GWS after the 2016 season — spent Grand Final day at the zoo with wife Katie and daughter Milla instead of watching the Tigers’ triumph against Adelaide.

The playmaker sent text messages to a bunch of Tigers a couple of days after they broke a 37-year premiership drought.

“If I had my time again I probably would’ve been on the front foot a lot earlier,” Deledio told AFL Tonight.

“(I should’ve) just congratulated them and been a mate first rather than worry about everything else that was going on.

“It took me a couple of days for it to all sink in. I sent texts out to quite a lot of the boys just letting them know how rapt I was for them and it was pretty warmly received.

“(But) if I had my time again I’d probably reach out a lot sooner than what I did. I’ve always considered myself a very strong family man and mates man.”

Deledio, 30, is set to play his first Round 1 game in three years against the Western Bulldogs next week.

Deledio collected just eight disposals in his only pre-season match but said he was ready to go. The half-forward was restricted to just seven games as a Giant last year because of calf and Achilles injuries.

Deledio said he was now comfortable with the Tigers’ flag and it was also acting as motivation for him to win silverware at his second club.

“I’m super proud of them and rapt for them that they’ve gone the whole way,” he said.

“It’s certainly that little bit of motivation for me to equal them and do what they (did).”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/brett-deledio-says-he-wishes-he-had-congratulated-his-former-richmond-teammates-sooner-after-the-grand-final/news-story/6ba1cfe3c74cf65d0cb342918eca9c8f

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Me me me me me  :thumbsdown

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Sooky bitch soo disappointed in a tiger I loved
The tigers went to him when we won in the prelim, 100% he would of just celebrated with his orange pretend franchise team mates if they had won stuff him

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Does anyone really care? this is a media beat-up IMO

Lids was a loyal enough player when he was with us. He turned down big offers from rivals to stay with us a couple of times.

Then he decided he wanted to go.

And it worked out beautifully for us.

No one can really know, but I don't reckon we would have 11 premiership cups if Lids had been on our list in 2017.

When Lids left he had to have created a divide between himself and his former team mates. No doubt any regrets are on his part, not those blokes. They have premiership medallions hanging around their necks. I don't reckon they would give a fat rats about it.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Don't care about anything anymore
Tigers have fulfilled my dream, would love another though
Just offering my opinion, I don't blame him in the least after 2016
But stuff his attitude

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Whatever, Brett
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
He's a Giant now and in that respect, I don't care what he does or doesn't do.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Laterally (and literally) thinking, his trade (and TV's) helped us to win the flag.
As to his texting, what a pratt.
Cotch ran 100 metres to shake his hand after we flogged the Giants, Bretty couldn't even send a text.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
I've got a feeling Brett's so far up himself he's practically invisible. Don't think he had a lot of time for some of his past team mates at Richmond, thought they were no good. (Why should a person of my stature have to associate with such Riff Raff) I now have no doubt that his "I'm holier than thou attitude" and then leaving was a significant factor in our success in 2017. Good riddance.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Lids will be lucky to play 20 more games .
Unleash the tornado

Dougeytherichmondfan

Me me me me me  :thumbsdown
Warming up the vocal chords?

But seriously, x2.