Author Topic: Tigers to go back-to-back: Cooney (Herald-Sun)  (Read 254 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers to go back-to-back: Cooney (Herald-Sun)
« on: March 20, 2018, 10:20:00 PM »
Cooney reckons we'll go back-to-back and now wants a seat on the Tiggy train.

------------------------------------------------

Premier: Richmond

Back to back.

No hangover from the Tigers. They haven’t put a foot wrong in the pre-season, smacking Essendon and North in impressive fashion.

There is an air of confidence/arrogance coming from Punt Rd (which is great and well deserved). I get the feeling the Richmond players now feel like they are good enough to beat any team in the competition when at their best. I don’t even think they really believed that until September last year.

Hopefully there’s one more spot left on Tiggy train for me!

Toot toot.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/adam-cooney-reveals-how-he-spent-his-last-footyfree-weekend-and-why-tigers-can-go-back-to-back/news-story/f23f5fe7d302d2c2f304403415467c5e

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers to go back-to-back: Cooney (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 11:02:02 AM »
There is an air of confidence/arrogance coming from Punt Rd (which is great and well deserved).
This was the thing that jumped out at me watching the match against Essendon at Wangaratta.
The players seemed to be toying with them. Holding them in place, denying space and time, then just putting the foot down with speed and ball movement.
What was impressive was the physical pressure that was applied until they started to break individually and then their game plan vanished.
Even the good players like Heppell simply disappeared at times.