Author Topic: Changes R5 Tigers v Demons  (Read 11865 times)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Re: Changes R5 Tigers v Demons
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2018, 08:37:39 PM »
If you want to know why snipper doesnt get a game , go & watch VFL & you will see.

Actually, i have just read your rubbish & you are a dead set effwit, why dont we have an ignore function ?
V Casey
Miles was at his ‘ball-magnet’ best, racking up 35 disposals (21 contested possessions, 11 clearances), Best – Richmond: Miles, Soldo, Baker, Ballard, Wood, Bolton, Markov, Menadue.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-04-22/vfl-tigers-answer-the-challenge
BEST:
Richmond: Miles Ellis Balta Ballard Moore Morris

v Port
Anthony Miles, in customary fashion, accumulated the ball at will, and was at his reliable best in front of goal.
Richmond: Miles Ellis Balta Ballard Moore Morris

To your last point, we do have an ignore function.
Go to your account "Profile", "Settings" "Modify Profile", "Buddies/Ignore List"

There are also posting guidelines on the first page.
"4.   Personal Attacks: We appreciate that people have different opinions and we encourage people to share their views. However, publicly ridiculing or attacking someone’s character because they do not agree with your view and because they post a view that opposes yours cannot and will not be allowed. Posts of this nature will be removed and the poster warned."

I have deleted my derogatory comment about you.

Still believe it is gutless to call Hardwick - " a lying toe rag and Balme a liar, & then state they have destroyed his career and its a dog act.

Anyway, we all know Miles gets a heap of it @ VFL level, no doubt but he 1 dimensional, cant play forward or back, wont / cant chase or put pressure on outside the stoppage.

He was essentially delisted from GWS, we gave him a lifeline & he grabbed it, unfortunately the game has gone beyond him @ AFL level, maybe when the grounds get wet or heavy he may get a chance

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2018, 08:55:50 PM »
That’s probably the thing that gets me, posters can repetitively bag the crap out of the RFC coaches and when a poster gets one post back at them they performing a fainting spell and call foul.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »
That’s probably the thing that gets me, posters can repetitively bag the crap out of the RFC coaches and when a poster gets one post back at them they performing a fainting spell and call foul.
And posters repetitively bag the crap out of players (and many also did of Hardwick before last year) and now it's not accepted when it's a coach.
I did not "perform a fainting spell". I directed the poster to where he could ignore my posts and then reminded him of posting guidelines.
Those guidelines I would think are there to retain some semblance of order on the boards. Without them there would just be a slanging match back and forth.
You make me think of those calling for greater "freedom of speech" but only for viewpoints they agree with or espouse.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2018, 12:31:26 AM »
Obviously there is a major reason for the continued ommission of Miles, I would probably conclude that the defensive aspect of his game is most likely what is keeping him out, but that is only my guess. The attacks on Hardwick for his continued ommission are short sighted. Teams are picked weekly through a "match committee" So you can blame Caracella, leppitsch, Balme, Mcqualter, Mcrea (sp) and god knows who else is on it. THEY OBVIOUSLY KNOW SOMETHING WE DONT OR THAT WE ARE OVER LOOKING. He'll get a game when "they" consider he deserves it, not when "we" think he should.

The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2018, 06:22:39 AM »
Rodge, I’d imagine it’s a forest for the trees thing. Beveridge had a golden rule about players being able to play 2 positions, Dimma has one regarding defensive running....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2018, 06:58:49 AM »
Snip  :banghead

Couldn't spend much time on here last night

Get up this morning to trolling, bating and insults

Stick to the topic
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »
If we lose to Melbourne it will be because of the midfield.
To lose two hard nuts in Caddy and Graham (and Dusty just going, for him) and replace them with Lloyd and Higgins is not just stupid but totally arrogant.

If we lose it will be solely down to Hardwick.

What about if we lose but would have lost by more if Miles was in the team because of his lack of defensive running?

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »
If we can't win this with a couple of occlusions then we don't deserve to.

Our ins are great.

All the posts about who is in or not point to our great list depth for on ball players, mids and run with players.

I have felt the same about Miles and liken the scenario to Tucky but hey, we are sitting at a keyboard eating twisties, what would we really know?

So lets lighten up and have a bit of fun. This is better than the 1983 - 2016 doldrums (with about 3 years exceptions).

When we beat Melbourne tonight we will be equal top of the ladder, it will be a blockbuster crowd.

I am going tonight, will shout "ball", "you've got to be kidding" and "get your range rover serviced" and belt out our club song at full time.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2018, 10:23:17 AM »
I think we will win but it won't be pretty

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2018, 11:04:14 AM »
Any chance any news on Caddy and Tigger?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2018, 11:43:25 AM »
Any chance any news on Caddy and Tigger?
Sore hammy and sore calf respectively. Not sure they will be up for Sunday either.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2018, 12:43:26 PM »
I’m just surprised that anyone pulled up injured at all after the long break as everyone seemed OK after the Lions game. Caddy has played 1 game in 3 weeks? I’m kind of hoping they’re just a bit sore and being rested so they’re right for Sunday.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2018, 02:03:23 PM »
Miles doesn't get picked because he'a a slow one-way runner whose haphazard disposal by foot makes Shane Tuck look like Nathan Buckley. :shh

I disagree that he's one dimensional though, could easily play forward....as I've said before, he's a fairly reliable set shot and he draws free kicks which is particularly useful in the forward 50.....and I'd still play him ahead if Lloyd... :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2018, 02:05:05 PM »
Here's Melbourne's team for those interested:

Melbourne

B: Josh Wagner, Oscar McDonald, Neville Jetta
HB: Michael Hibberd, Jake Lever, Bernie Vince
C: James Harmes, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson
HF: Alex Neal-Bullen, Sam Weideman, Christian Petracca
F: Dean Kent, Jesse Hogan, Jake Melksham
Foll: Max Gawn, Christian Salem, Clayton Oliver
I/C: Angus Brayshaw, Billy Stretch, Jayden Hunt, Jeff Garlett

Emg: Mitch Hannan, Bayley Fritsch, Harry Petty, Tim Smith

In: Tyson, Weideman, Stretch, Hunt
Out: Jordan Lewis (hand), Sam Frost, Tom Bugg, Bayley Fritsch

Richmond

B: Alex Rance, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB: Bachar Houli, Nathan Broad, Jayden Short
C: Shaun Grigg, Trent Cotchin, Kamdyn McIntosh
HF: Jason Castagna, Sam Lloyd, Jacob Townsend
F: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Dan Butler
Foll: Toby Nankervis, Kane Lambert, Dustin Martin
I/C: Brandon Ellis, Jack Higgins, Dion Prestia, Reece Conca

Emg: Corey Ellis, Tyson Stengle, Anthony Miles, Ivan Soldo

In: Nathan Broad, Sam Lloyd, Jack Higgins
Out: Josh Caddy (hamstring soreness), Nick Vlastuin (calf), Jack Graham (suspension)

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-04-23/round-5-team-announcement
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-04-23/four-changes-for-anzac-day-eve-match

Lebowski

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »
Those outs hurt a bit